Scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will have to be a lot more specific than that...
What costume, which models? Your size, build, weight?
Did you read the various scaling tutorials, have you had a look at other threads that show other builds of the same costume?

You will have to be a lot more specific than that...
What costume, which models? Your size, build, weight?
Did you read the various scaling tutorials, have you had a look at other threads that show other builds of the same costume?

The type of armour that i tested the size with was the fj/para knee. i assembled the paper model and it looked too small. can someone out there post a pic between a knee and the fj/para pls?

The type of armour that i tested the size with was the fj/para knee. i assembled the paper model and it looked too small. can someone out there post a pic between a knee and the fj/para pls?

You didn't scale it at all, did you?
Do what Ral Partha said. It'll help.

You didn't scale it at all, did you?
Do what Ral Partha said. It'll help.

Thats just the thing, i DID scale it. . .I'm exactly 6ft tall, and i read something to scale it down 10% for my height. but when the model was done, it looked a little small...also, its a custom build: my Halo Reach spartan. :D (My 405th Avatar)

Only you know the size and shape that will fit you. The following links provide information and a tool to help you make a determination of what may fit best, but you will still need to build and test fit the piece:

Read this on how to "scale" your paper creation to fit you:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/25588-How-to-Scale-Your-Armour-Tutorial-V.2

Read this on how to download and use "MrOreo123's Armor Scaling and Measurement Tool":
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...ling-And-Measurement-Tool?p=496754#post496754

Thats just the thing, i DID scale it. . .I'm exactly 6ft tall, and i read something to scale it down 10% for my height. but when the model was done, it looked a little small...also, its a custom build: my Halo Reach spartan. :D (My 405th Avatar)

Well, this may sound a bit lame, but then you just have to learn from the experience and get it right the second time. The model you have now will help you find the right size, use it as reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back