scizor112's Spartan III WIP (First Project) [Uber Pic Heavy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 for 100th post!

looks great scizor. Nice pep work buddy.

Thanks bro! It means a lot to hear compliments from such a talented artist!

SkullBoy13 said:
Man. Cool Idea making struts with cardboard :) And Awesome and clean Work! :D Keep up the gud work and Good Luck! :D

Thank you for the compliments! I decided to use cardboard because I really didn't like how flimsy the cardstock supports were; I'm scared the pieces would still warp with resin. The cardboard is pretty easy to bend to the shape I want and it stays really firm. I'll be doing the right arm this week, so stay tuned for even more clashtastic colored Pepwork!

Lovin the progress. Colors are a nice change. After my build, I don't think I'll ever be able to look at another piece of white card stock without feeling some form of frustration... or an innate need to cut, fold, and glue it too something...

Keep up the awesome work!

Lovin the progress. Colors are a nice change. After my build, I don't think I'll ever be able to look at another piece of white card stock without feeling some form of frustration... or an innate need to cut, fold, and glue it too something...

Keep up the awesome work!

I know exactly how you feel lol, I've been doing papercraft stuff since I was old enough to wield a pair of scissors and not mutilate everything in sight. Speaking of, here's more colors for you guys. Both Biceps are now Pepped; as soon as I finish this post I'm starting work on the Security Shoulder Pauldron.

100_0222.jpg

100_0223.jpg

100_0225.jpg

100_0224.jpg

Gettin' Mah Sexy Face On!
100_0220.jpg

How I'm storing my "tubular" pieces. (I'm running out of flat surfaces in my room)
100_0229.jpg

Enjoy guys; more pics soon.

fantastic work man, looks awesome
btw do you know how you are going to do the chest attachment? emile's grenade belt type thing?

fantastic work man, looks awesome
btw do you know how you are going to do the chest attachment? emile's grenade belt type thing?

Thank you muchly! I've got an idea; I'm pepping one of the 'Nade Launcher grenades and I have a friend who is going to help me cast all ten. The Flashbangs are a little more tricky though. I'm thinking of cutting the ends off of soda cans, reinforcing the inside so they aren't so flimsy, capping them off with carboard, and then doing resin/bondo work on the outside so they're all smooth and pretty. I'm gonna attach it all with Nylon straps and clips.

You're build is looking great, pep work looks clean. I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks altogether when done. Keep us posted.

yeah sure thing man
oh ok i see what you are going to do, i am going to do the same thing but where the belt that holds the grendaes i am going to use some elastic just not sure about the grenades

Well, I've lost a little momentum on this project due to various things (homework, feeling lousy, playing guitar more, talking to pretty people from class :D) but fear not! I am still alive and Pepping! Didn't get as much done as I had hoped to, but here is what I managed:

100_0232.jpg

100_0233.jpg

100_0235.jpg

100_0236.jpg

Turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. My photographer didn't want to stop watching a movie to take pictures so I couldn't get a sizing shot of myself wearing it. But I did take this picture which is better than nothing:

100_0237.jpg

Before you guys go all "IT'S TOO BIG!" lemme justify; the measurements I have from my screenshots suggest that the Security Pauldron is actually larger than the Commando. However, it sits lower on the Bicep, giving the illusion that it is smaller.

thorn696 said:
You're build is looking great, pep work looks clean. I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks altogether when done. Keep us posted.

Thanks man! I'm doing what I can!

Road Kill said:
yeah sure thing man
oh ok i see what you are going to do, i am going to do the same thing but where the belt that holds the grendaes i am going to use some elastic just not sure about the grenades

Yeah, I have no idea how I'm going to attach the grenades to the COD Piece just yet. Possibly some magnets so I can go all "Frag out!" on people.

Enjoy the pics guys, I'll be doing more work on this over the weekend. I'm just too sick and tired (like actually sick and actually tired) to do anything else tonight.

I must have been under a rock because this is the first I've seen of the build. With that said, it looks great. I went through the entire thread. Fantastic pep work. Also, I like that you don't settle for good enough. I'm glad that you take the time to rebuild something if it does not fit your vision of how its suppose to look. Keep doing what you do. It's definitely the sign of talent. Be good!

-Tony

Dude for real? Only word I can think of is WICKED! Great job so far man!

Thanks man!

I must have been under a rock because this is the first I've seen of the build. With that said, it looks great. I went through the entire thread. Fantastic pep work. Also, I like that you don't settle for good enough. I'm glad that you take the time to rebuild something if it does not fit your vision of how its suppose to look. Keep doing what you do. It's definitely the sign of talent. Be good!

-Tony

Thanks! Yep, I'm very particular with my work, and I'm always looking for ways to make it better. I just wish I had more time to work on this!

Looks good man, keep it up. Even if you just do a little here and a little there, it adds up.

Great work scizor. Your pep work is looking great buddy. You really are doing an awesome job!:)

i keep thinking of using colored card stock just to get out of using white all the time, turns out it looks awesome! great work man

Thanks everybody! Sorry I haven't been on in a little while; I've been really busy with homework and I'm playing guitar a lot now because I might be in a band soon. I'll have more pics this week, stay tuned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back