Scratch built gungnir helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

zwave343

Hi 405th!
I know usually people pep out there armour, then go and fibergalss and bondo etc etc
But being a unemployed 15 year old, i dont have the money or facilities to do so. Hence i began on boxing day last year creating my scratchbuilt gungnir helmet. I finnished the main part of it know, and all i need to do is detail it, pad it inside, lengthen the neck piece and paint. Please fprgive if anything seems oversized, i only finished the helmet yesterday after i finnaly bought the helm in game. I only worked off of one decent pic from the game develpment. Please tell me what needs improving.
Now for pic
RIMG0143.jpg

RIMG0144.jpg

RIMG0147.jpg

RIMG0145.jpg

Ok, pics are working now. And i know its rough but im going to smooth tomrrow

Plz excuse any missing crap, im using an ipad on the road and it is a pain in the ass to edit text with:angry

I'm sorry if I am being a little rude but on my computer I'm not seeing pictures. Either its just me or you got the wrong links put in there...
I'd really like to see what you got and I hope it looks great! Thanks

Not your computer. I was usin an ipad close to a dead zone, i get home in about a 6-8 hours, ill try putting them up then. Sorry 405th =\

Okay, finneshed deatilin, goin to paint it ina few hours
0fc37799.jpg

f25c6cc2.jpg

cbb58526.jpg

0af730d1.jpg

c7e857df.jpg

Ok. If it needs any improvments, itll be really small things, got next to none glue left.

more detail!

i have officially completed detailing. now all i need to do is paint, put in a visor (that is going to be pathetically small) and fix up any small things.
first coat of black paint is on. no pics yet, but i will get them up today:cool im loving this helmet!:$

Nice! I'm all about free-hand/built from scratch!
I sure hope it fits.
Kinda blind with only one eye, aren't you?

If I may make a suggestion regarding the visor? Since one tiny hole that's 6 inches in front of your face is hard to see out of, I had an idea for how to make sure that you can actually move around. Since the visor is a separate color from the helmet, construct the entire visor assembly (the square part on the front of the face) out of a visor, then use the airbrush method to paint over it and make it into a one way transparency mask :D I've yet to make a gungnir helmet so I haven't had a chance to try it myself but it should work :p

Hmmm, not such a bad idea. Unfortunatley, the entire goggle-cover thing is attached, so i would have to start all over. But i might just do that later. And actually im not all that blind. As hard as it seems, its just like having your right eye closed and squinting with your left. I can quite all rightand the best part is tyat it fits perfectly!

lol, yeah, your signature says it all!
Can't wait to see more! Maybe make a short video of you wearing it running around your house! You'll be bumping and tripping over everything! lol, I kid.

Pictures ftw!!!

Maybe make a short video of you wearing it running around your house! You'll be bumping and tripping over everything!
Definatley!!!
What does ftw mean? Real noobie i now. Havent made much progress but pics will be up in about, i dunno, 1/2 an hour? Oh well, thell be up soon.

Thnxs shade!
Here are pics of paint so far, sorry for crap quality, usin my ipad, cant find ma camera.
Non the less pics...
272fa19f.jpg

de735494.jpg

Some pics with the black and silver and tape
8af25175.jpg

"Remove the bandages please nurse"
91a5768c.jpg

f6919331.jpg

Ill get better pics up when i find my camera,
Now, where did i put it???
5a88a9b6.jpg

Thought id also re-furb my MA-37
You now, this one-
RIMG0060.jpg

Ok, couldnt find my camera, so instead i decided to tape up and be ready to paint the goggle, visor- guard thing first thing in the morning.
610a158e.jpg

Probably should have said pic heavy

This looks great so far. I admire people who can scratch build like this.
Have you thought about how to see out of it? My thoughts on the GUNGNIR were either a spy camera with an LCD screen (the expensive route) or possibly a shadow-box idea (the scientific route). Or are you just going to try and see out of the tiny hole?

Just see out of the hole. Ive been doing that cor the last few weeks. I even played the entire halo campaign with it on! Hilarious the amount of points i racked up

I even played the entire halo campaign with it on! Hilarious the amount of points i racked up

lol, youre not alone on that one, pal!

Pics look great!!! I liked the part when the nurse removed the bandages ;)
And the assault rifle? Phenomenal! 10points for accuracy! Though, I'd be too afraid to hold it ever with my bare hands; might rub-off the black marker lines?

And I gotta know, are you planning on wearing this to the Halo 4 release???

Yeah, that paint did wear off ( note to all- dont use water paints for props, rubs off on your hands) but i repainted it and it looks a bit better now.my only beef with the AR is the thickness, 3cm way to thick. I might just yet wear it there, but i might not get to go :(
Back to the thread at hand!
Green paint is nearly dry! After it is ill post pics, then start on some battle damage, then fix my AR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back