Sean Anwalt's Halo 4/5 Master Chief build

Status
Not open for further replies.
*whistles innocently* pics or it didn't happen!

What you talkin' about, Fry?
Haha so basically all my hot air that comes out of my mouth are separated from the visor area and contained in the mouth piece of the helmet and exhausted out the bottom of the with fans. I took the fans out during the rubber coating and when I suited back up all blacked out I never put the fans back in and my visor stays clear because of the nose guard/mouth guard. It was a hot muggy day out too. I also have 2 small vent opening in the top of my helmet that help as well with natural airflow.

20190608_103845.jpg20190608_104000.jpgScreenshot_2019-06-03-16-08-10.png

Soo... I have long hair. I am getting ready to install my 5 volt fans, but I feel like my hair may get caught in them, even when wearing something like a balaclava(because some poke through), and the only way to prevent this are ventilation tubes. Anyone else ever experiance this?

If the balaclava still doesn't help all the way, And you're not willing to cut your hair (hippie! Haha jk), then you'll need to comb your hair, possibly ponytail it, or even use some gel. That's the only way I can think of that will allow your fans to feed and circulate air and not get clogged with hair or blow your hair into your eyes where you can't do anything without taking your helmet off.

Soo... I have long hair. I am getting ready to install my 5 volt fans, but I feel like my hair may get caught in them, even when wearing something like a balaclava(because some poke through), and the only way to prevent this are ventilation tubes. Anyone else ever experiance this?
I'm all about the headsock/balaclava for keeping hair in place and hiding your neck and chin skin that may peek out during photos at odd angles. I don't know if the long hair is a personal choice or what but if you're trooping in the summer, short hair is awesome for staying cool or even flash chilling yourself by dunking your head in a sink, quickly drying off and heading along on your merry way.

I'm all about the headsock/balaclava for keeping hair in place and hiding your neck and chin skin that may peek out during photos at odd angles. I don't know if the long hair is a personal choice or what but if you're trooping in the summer, short hair is awesome for staying cool or even flash chilling yourself by dunking your head in a sink, quickly drying off and heading along on your merry way.
I like to let it grow out a couple feet, cut it and donate it, and keep it short for a month or two, and then grow it out again. As for the ponytail idea, cant beleive I didnt consider that, even though I have worn it a many a time... I hope I will be fine temp wise, I have been through worse, but sometimes my hair pokes through the balaclava fabric. Now if I were to tie my hair up AND use the balaclava, that would look very odd and humorous... I'll probably resort to some sportsgear headbands instead...

xXDashIVXx you could also probably get away with just putting an air filter/grate combo over the top of it. Combined with the balaclava I imagine that would be enough. Plus, then you have the benefit of saying your helmet's airsupply is filtered xD (depending on which way your air is flowing). It would decrease the airflow, sure, but I don't think it'd make it unusable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back