Sean Bradley's Energy Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek I wouldn't want to break it!

"Research" in technology terms means reverse engineering... which is a fancy term for taking it completely apart and *hopefully* putting it back together again in working order.

I might try to purchase one myself so it's not a liability if it's broken in the process.

Thanks for the offer though!

darkesword2020 said:
Sean, it's a darth vader one. I don't like vader so you can have it. For free. Just give me your address.

what a nice person

Last edited by a moderator:
Spartan 110 said:
darkesword2020 said:
Sean, it's a darth vader one. I don't like vader so you can have it. For free. Just give me your address.

what a nice person

Thank you!

I'd have to say its because of my youth group....the PDYM conference I went to, and my parents, and GOD himself ;-)

Sean Bradley said:
Want a price from anyone?

Classifieds
Buy Sell and Trade things. You want to buy, post here, you want to sell, post here. No mass produced items allowed, you can only sell single items, that you no longer use. No copyrighted material. MjolnirArmor.com does not SELL ARMOR!

Sales are only done through PM's.
Sorry.

Congrats dark. Sean, not sure if this is legal, but i wonder if you could actually use the insides of 2 skywalker blades (blue) already programed. That might even give you the the insides for a saber sound effect when "knocked".

darkesword2020 said:

i was going to do some tests on something too... :hyper: lightsaber please? ...jk i have an anikin one and a darth vader one, but they arent like parksabers, my brother and i fought with them, and i broke a mace windu saber, but it looked cool!

What you're all talking about is probably going to look something like this:

f_n5050127146m_a0eeb09.jpg

f_DSC00864m_fdd4fce.jpg

I won't simply put two lightsabers into the blades. Even if I switched to a vacuumformed blade (right now my blades are only 1/4" thick) there wouldn't be room to do it.

Whatever I glean from the engineering of the lightsabers will be made flat so that it can fit between the blades without distorting the shape, and so that the light diffuses across the entire blade. I'll be going for 100% accurate, but if any compromises are made it will be in this wierd new lighting effect they used for the Halo 3 sword, not the dimensions of my sword.

I should get my captured footage out, so I can better explain what this looks like it's not necessarily like the power up cycle of a lightsaber.... the best way I can describe it is that the light moves in waves, kind of rippling up and down the blade. It doesn't simply pulse on/off like it used to.

If thats an energy sword it looks rushed and not much like a typical energy sword. They should think about putting some sort of plexi or clear plastic shell in the shape of an energy sword that way it has the look and not just the color.

Chewdog316 said:
If thats an energy sword it looks stupid.

Chew, that's not very nice....someone spent some time on that...

But hey..each to his own.

I think it was a nice attempt, and could have been done much better...back on topic though.

So, if you diffuse the light, will it still come out in waves? I'm not very good with this stuff ;-)

Haha, funny. Come on now, the effort is there but be honest it doesnt even look like an energy sword. Your all thinking it, but im the only one saying it.

Good effort though!

that's fine, but don't be saying crap like "that's stupid" - you're entitled to your opinion but keep it intelligently backed with constructive criticism.

Adam said:
that's fine, but don't be saying crap like "that's stupid" - you're entitled to your opinion but keep it intelligently backed with constructive criticism.

Adam, you seem to have this one lol ;-)

Chew, you have to realize. With that, he said that he did it in a day. So it's a short amount of time and I applaud the fact that he made an attempt. If you were doing it you would do it your way, and that's what makes you a different individdual.

I'd love to see your rendition of the energy sword if you decide to make one.

Let's try and keep a positive attitude here. :mrgreen:

Yeah, BTW those pics are from a new member here.... be nice.

Like I said, I won't use a lightsaber jammed between the blades, if I use the technology at all I'll find a practical way to duplicate it, build them myself, and make the lighting treatment flat to fit between the blades.

If it's done right, it will still move in waves.

I need to get a vid clip up to clarify what were talking about... I'll see if I can capture my footage tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back