Sean Bradley's Energy Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
Err... :shock:

I'm still wrestling with my new capture setup.. my processor is dropping frames at a ridiculous rate... the video quality is pretty sketchy. The photo quality isn't the greatest either... blurtacular. I'd love it if someone could capture this footage for me on better equipment.. :please:

I did upload a short clip of the H3 energy sword, specifically for this topic... I've been trying to describe the new lighting effect as 'moving in waves' I think it's just something you have to see for yourself, if you didn't see it in the beta it's kinda hard to imagine...

This is why I say that replicating this effect is going to be my biggest hurdle with making the H3 Energy Sword... unless I get access to alien technology.

Heres the vid I put up tonight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkDEBGmxrys

You can see that the entire blade glows, but is brighter near the handle. Also the sword is noticably less blue than it used to be. The surface of the blades has a sort of wave effect rolling up the blade, looking more like rippling water than a lightning pattern. Then there are the electrical bolts that spontaneously generate, and scroll up the center of the blades...

Like I said... it's gonna be tricky. I'l thinking that I may be able to have several colors of EL wire running through an animation sequencer, it's really just a matter of if that unit will fit inside the handle along with the power supply and external slide switch. Hopefully I won't have to run two parallel EL inverters this time like I did for the smooth pulsing effect I made for the H2 sword.

I welcome all suggestions... I'll try not to shoot them all down. ;-)

Thanks Fitz. It will be a help in this project.

Sorry I didn't get your message last night, I'm helping my sister move for the next couple days... I haven't had much time to myself.

Heh, thank you thats very flattering...

NOW KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!!!!!

DSC00773Vsmall.jpg

eh.. I just make stuff. Over time you get better at it. :mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sean Bradley said:
Heh, thank you thats very flattering...

NOW KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!!!!!

DSC00773Vsmall.jpg

eh.. I just make stuff. Over time you get better at it. :mrgreen:

Woah, sweet picture.

so we all know what is highest and lowest pri you will sell?

We don't discuss sales openly in forums here. It's a rule.

If you want info PM me...

-Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back