Sean's Revised Energy Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lighting on the first model was phenomenal so,no changes necessary there. The major differences are the light will now pulse slowly like the sword in game, and the handle is fully sculpted. :Steve:

Sean Bradley said:
The lighting on the first model was phenomenal so,no changes necessary there. The major differences are the light will now pulse slowly like the sword in game, and the handle is fully sculpted. :Steve:

:shock: :wowie: :hyper:

Maybe I'll finally get hired on after my internship. That will be one of my tops 5 first purchases with something called greenbacks. :Steve:

Last edited by a moderator:
Energy Sword Update 4/22

UPDATE 4/22:

My energy sword V2 is nearly done. At this point I just need to frost the plexi, compact the electronics, and do the final paint job on the handle.. all of which are just final touches. Heres some update pics I took last night.

SwordV2-3.jpg

SwordV2-4.jpg

SwordV2-2.jpg

SwordV2-1.jpg

SwordV2.jpg

And for those of you who haven't seen what these look like lit up:

3EnergySwordPic1.jpg

3EnergySwordPic3.jpg

3EnergySwordPic2.jpg

This first one belongs to Red, in fact I couldn't have revised this design without his order (Thanks!). Link's got one on hold as well, so after his is done I can make some more. In about a week I'll take the final promo pics for this, and start submitting them around and about to drum up some interest, after which I'll put it into production.

I'll be doing that this week when I get the pulsing board installed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the pulsing will coincide nicely with the power-up, but it's anyone guess right now. I can't wait to see it softly pulse like the in-game sword. :hyper:

That looks amazing.. I wonder what it would look like with a strand of purple EL wire it it as well, you to give it that purple tinge..?

Thanks guys! ;-)

JediFraz: I am going to b experimenting with doing a little bit of airbrushing with after I frost the plexi, but I have considered using some purple EL wire too.

Maybe next time around.

Sorry, no. My schedule has been tight, putting in extra hours at work. We're adding two new LAN stations to out Halo 2 'virtual arena', and I was in charge of getting them shipped to PA from TX, and unpacking, testing, switching monitors, and installing them.

It's been a busy few days, and I just haven't had the energy to do much when I get home.

Hah... energy....heh.

Well, I'll get the 'energy' to get back on the sword this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back