Sean's Revised Energy Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to drop by for those of you who may be waiting on seeing the sword, to let you know that it is done, and it looks great. I've taken the last hour to take the first round of respectable photos and video, and now I have to sit down and edit everything and prepare for uploading to the web.

I'll have to batch process all the photos, and do a little quick video editing. It may take a while, but a I don't have anything else to do while I wait for the Beta download, I am going to do this right away.

So just FYI I have decided because of interest from Adam to frontpage this, and the potential of getting some publicity elsewhere that I will be divulging everything .... all my tutorial pics for this into a slideshow, and uploading the video clips to youtube within the next hour or two.

Thanks for your patience,

-Sean

Figures.... YouTube is down for maintenance.

What is it today??? I feel like I've been waiting in front of a computer all day for stuff to get fixed.... oh yeah... I guess I have.

Well, I'll keep on it and get this uploaded ASAP.

I think this will do.

Heres the results of staying up all night.

I have uploaded a nicely edited video displaying the sword features and comparisons, and I have uploaded a fully photo account worth of pics of the making of both models of energy sword.

I started this project in October of 2005 as a accessory for the Spartan armor I was making for Halloween. I completed a simplistic version of the sword in January of that year. I picked up the project again in January of this year at Redsleighdowns request for a fully functioning Energy Sword prop. Ironically I completed this two and a half year project tonight while waiting for the Halo 3 beta to download.

So I guess thats why the Energy Sword isn't in the beta.... it wasn't done yet!

Heres the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGW3cQk5m28

And heres what it looks like done:
power-off.jpg

power-on.jpg

Whew! Time to shift into publicity mode for a while. I'm going to bed! ;-)

-Sean

Wow man, just wow.

I was impressed with this before, I mean overall. But the attention to detail that you put in the handle alone is amazing.

This is easily the best prop I've seen on here (no offense to other prop makers).

Thanks for the comments guys. Hearing your reactions makes all the work worthwhile to me. :bow:

I'll have some new content for you all on this in a day or so. I did a photo shoot over the weekend of the sword with me in costume, even shot some short video clips just to see what it all looked like on video. Anyways, I'm at work til this evening, so I can't do anything until then. I have to do a little editing on the video before I can post it, and the pics need to be resized and hosted.

But just wait til you see them!!! :wowie:

Woot.

The big gallery!
http://nikon.bungie.org/news.html?item=18797

After much deliberation and work with Louis fron HBO, the energy sword is finally frontpaged there. I gotta give props to Louis, he went above and beyond to put that huge gallery up and to school me in the ways to the force... I mean FTP'ing and compression and such.

New content soon to come, and it's gonna drop jaws.

CONGRATS SEAN!! :kit:

its really great how many people here are getting featured on HBO.

Can't wait for more jaw-dropping footage and even more so to see this baby in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back