Security Armor Wip (Formerly Mark 6 Wip)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tomvdog said:
The Spike grenade looks cool good find at the garage sale.

Thanks you.

I got bored (again!) as a result of the snow...I couldn't bondo :(

But check this out!

0430000629.jpg

0430000629a.jpg

0430000629b.jpg

0430000630.jpg

God, I almost have a small cache of Halo-themed weapons. Captain Keyes would be happy :)

Ninja 112, the easter egg dye did not work, as the dye would not bond to the plasic, I'll probably end up using paint (my brother gave me a gallon bag full or oil-based ones) or mixing the dye with white glue.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is some pretty nice work ya got there. :) And good improvising on that spike grenade too. That was a very good find. :p

Alex spartan177 said:
SAND PAPER

Just give it a light sanding all over the piece

or you could always rondo the inside... that's what I always do :p

I wish I was bored! look at all the cool stuff I could make! Unfortunatly I am not instead I have too much work to do.

THERE IS A GARAGE SAIL HERE!!! I hope I get as lucky as you.

I think a saw a guy mix some gold paint with water and airbrush it on. That lookes pretty good. It was on this site so I wold search it up.

for some reason bondo scares me. I think it's because I don't own power tools so it looks like too much of a hassle than it's worth. But it's cool to see how other people do things.

RoxyRoo said:
for some reason bondo scares me. I think it's because I don't own power tools so it looks like too much of a hassle than it's worth. But it's cool to see how other people do things.

Don't forget that bondo smells funny :D

gmstrowabarton said:
Tutorial: Make & Paint Your Own See-through Visor I think this is what Squirtle117 was talking about hope this will help you out

Requires an airbrush :(

GMer56 said:
Requires an airbrush :(

I don't know if you have a harbor freight around you but they have airbrushes with the compressor for only 60 dollar or so. just in case you want to look for one.

gmstrowabarton said:
I don't know if you have a harbor freight around you but they have airbrushes with the compressor for only 60 dollar or so. just in case you want to look for one.

As opposed to a $30 visor?...

bobbio555 said:
As opposed to a $30 visor?...

Well the problem is there isn't a visor out there at least that I have seen that will work for the Security helmet

I will probably begin the security helm this summer. Oddly I managed to get my head into my other helmet easily :S

Good news! I have finished a shoulder piece (kind of), will post pics!

Merged some double posts in here, please try to avoid that and use the edit button to add more info to a post :)

Belakor said:
Merged some double posts in here, please try to avoid that and use the edit button to add more info to a post :)

Thanks, sorry about that :D

Anywho, My deadline is coming up this weekend... I still have sanding and bondoing to do, I'll post some pics eventually. I just thought everyone would like to know.

Well... didn't make the deadline. Still finished the armor and wore it for my LAST LAN CLUB... I graduated high school (yay...), so... here are the pictures.
1.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

BTW, like the new forums ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back