Semi-Powered Infiltration Armor

Mk-2 Helm:

s3unfold.jpg

Links:
http://www.4shared.com/dir/13213514/7941a74/SPI.html

Modeler: Spartan 051
Unfolded: Box o Crayons
PDFs: Bevbor

Thanks again to box o crayans and Bevbor couldnt have released it with out your help

More to come

Ok the MOST Epic helmet in the halo series and its done i do have to say great job to all the guys that put it together and modeled it....cant wait to put some progress pics of my own

Sweet file guys! But I have a few questions.

Are you going to go back at some point and revise this file? Because I only have 2 issues with this file.

One the need for internal supports. I know an experienced builder can make there own and work with it but it is something to consider.

Second issue is the position and angle of the chin light enclosures. If you rotate the model and look at it dead on you will note that the lights would be shining to the side of the wearer, not straight ahead.

Other than that I think you nailed the shape of the helm perfectly, excellent work. Cant wait to see more from you guys keep up the great work.

Wow, my first thought that came to mind was how did the 405th end up with such an amazing model designer and what do you do for a living?

@Skyfox:
Yeah i thought it would be fitting if would release something form Ghost of Onyx when my name is taken form that book

@Spartan 161:
As for now there are plans to go back and fix it but it wont be any time soon. Im trying to get the rest of the armor done before i make any revisions i would rather have a full suit then a perfect helm an nothing else. Then about the internal supports i wasnt planning on putting them in but if more and more people ask about them i will. For the chin lights over all the reference data that i have every image has the light facing to the side. Over all i think it will be an easy fix in the revision and to the builders that want the lights facing forwards

@Razion Hellgate:
As for your question Im just a full time student majoring in Computer Science. I picked up 3d modeling as a hobby a few years back but i havent done any thing major like this. For being my second model and using a relativity new software (Blender) i cant complain.

@link4044:
It should be an easy build over all and only having 7 pages to cut always a plus and the funny thing is bungie's favorite number is 7 and there's 7 pages

love the work thats been done on this my only problem is the unfold is a bit to complicated for me but otherwise exelent work cant wait to see more

yea i sqeezed some peices in pretty tight so they stayed with each other and the sides i assigned and the 7 page really has nothing on it i wanted to make it 6 but just couldnt do it

Spartan 051 said:
Spartan 161:
As for now there are plans to go back and fix it but it wont be any time soon. Im trying to get the rest of the armor done before i make any revisions i would rather have a full suit then a perfect helm an nothing else. Then about the internal supports i wasnt planning on putting them in but if more and more people ask about them i will. For the chin lights over all the reference data that i have every image has the light facing to the side. Over all i think it will be an easy fix in the revision and to the builders that want the lights facing forwards
Cool I understand and I to would love to have the full suit as well. I think I have a fix for the chin lights just will have to wait until I get around to building one to see if it will work. By the way I never thanked you for making this in Pepakura 2 :) Thanks alot! I hate 3.

Giving any hints on what is next for the SPI armor build?

Last edited by a moderator:
Giving any hints on what is next for the SPI armor build?

The next one will be on hold for a little bit because im going to clean up FS smg but you'll have to wait and see whats next.

UNIT-SPARTAN#007 said:
Off topic but who is your favourite Spartan III?

I think you can guess mine

Just to give a shout out to the artist i need some help making better reference images.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back