Sigma CQB helm

Status
Not open for further replies.
i see what u mean its kinda mest up on the details and the visor part is kinda weird

but i still think its good

The experiment was that I was going to able to use self hardening glaze to smooth it. That failed miserably.

I'm not going to toss the helm. I'm going to use bondo to smooth it instead, actually already have a quarter of it done at the time I'm typing this. ;)

yeah i got that stuff too, i was dissapointed for sure, it is good, however, for filling in all the pinholes on your last layer of bondo, then sand lightly with 125-300 grit . it works for that at least.

Sigma-LS said:
The experiment was that I was going to able to use self hardening glaze to smooth it. That failed miserably.
I'm not going to toss the helm. I'm going to use bondo to smooth it instead, actually already have a quarter of it done at the time I'm typing this. ;)

well, keep us updated on the helm anyways :)

WTB pics

Last edited by a moderator:
A tube of glaze is terrible stuff... I never use products that don't mix with a hardener, because they are unpredictable... I am sorry you found that out the hard way..

On a lighter note, I am glad that you are carrying through with your project and are trying to salvage it, it can still come out great...

I kinda like it, can't wait for you to finish it...

The CQB helmet has never really been my favorite, although now that I look at the physical model it looks like the helm of the clone commandos in Star Wars: Republic Commando (which is a great game, by the way...).

POST MORE PICS

ok seems like bondo is a good way to go and i want to see how this goes because cqb helmet is one of my favorite helmets because it resembles the space police in metroid on the visor part and sorta the shape show some pics when ur done and good luck on finishing it..........

Just wanted to let you all know this hasn't been abandoned. I'll be babying it along as I'm waiting for some molding materials to come in for my pistol kit. The bondo still needs a little more sanding in places.

HPIM1126.jpg

HPIM1127.jpg

HPIM1131.jpg

Sigma you were right this thing IS a beaut.
I'm hoping mine will come out as nice as yours.
Are you gonna match it to your Nightmare suit?? Or are you making a completely new suit?
Keep it up dude, can't wait to see it finished.

Thanks everyone! Here's another update. (Note: If you want to make mud that gives a little more working time, just use the resin catalyst. Works wonders.) I'll be adding most of the details once I have the whole thing smoothed.

I do plan to make it the same as my main suit, and also have the add-ons to make it a full CQB eventually. Thanks for asking!

HPIM1132.jpg

HPIM1133.jpg

Thanks for all the positive comments everybody. I'll get up some more pics as soon as I have the rest of it smoothed. Hopefully I'll be adding details by the end of the week. Winter Break is awesome even if it's not cold down here, more time for armor making.

LastSpartan- I'm using "mud" which is a mixture of Bondo body filler and resin to make it more fluid. It's the same stuff link and Sean cast their great stuff with.

On another note my dremel caught on fire today after 2 years of loyal service, gotta get a replacement tomorrow. RIP.

Quick question........Is their a Q.C.B. pep file out their?? Just wonderin i posted here cause it's a related topic.....anyways nice work dude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back