Sigma CQB helm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skullcandy Girl said:
Is that A GUndam I spy in the video in the BG?
No, that's a police labor (I think that's what it's called) from the Patlabor series/movies.

The helm looks very sweet, I wish I will get it at least that good when I start my projects.

Oh yeah, merry christmas to all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the comments everyone.

Wow, I can't believe someone else has seen Patlabor :). I used to be such a mecha nut. Yep, Alphonse is my last model kit/ desk monkey/ photo scale.

I'm going for something close to these colors but for my original suit. ;)

med_gallery_11_165204.jpg

Detailing and basic weathering is finished, I'll add scuff marks later. I'm ghetto molding the vents because I don't want to wait for the real molding stuff to come in. Still, I'm hoping it'll be here by the end of the week. The visor is just jammed in place for show. I plan to do a double visor for it soon. I know it's not anywhere near perfect but it honestly turned out better than I thought it would.

So do ya'll think that this type of visor looks okay or should I go hunting for something better for the final version?

Oh yeah, no use talking about all this without pics right. :lol:

HPIM1169.jpg

HPIM1170.jpg

HPIM1171.jpg

HPIM1172.jpg

HPIM1173.jpg

Awesome!

I know you're aware of that little gap at the bottom of the visor, but other than that the visor looks just right. Perhaps, when you do the double visor you can cover that little gap up.

Great work!

-Magnum

I think everything looks pretty good.

What type of visor are you using? It looks to have a purple shine, but that is probably the light hitting the lens.

tipper said:
I think everything looks pretty good.

What type of visor are you using? It looks to have a purple shine, but that is probably the light hitting the lens.

It is an iridium visor, but it has alot of layers of different tints to achieve the gold tinting.

That is looking smooth!!! You are the 2nd person to have done a CQB...(That I have seen) BUT you are the 1st to get a wickedly sick CQB...makes me want to start on mine right now!!! Big PROPS to you Sigma!!

looks fantastic and it looks like you fixed that crooked side since i last looked at your progress.
Looks great man, keep it up.

-Justin

wow.... that looks awesome from what u started with i didnt think it would turn out well but u made it look spectacular.

and nice gundum

Thank for all the compliments everyone. I don't know what I'll do next as far as helms go, probably the H3 Mk V or the Hyabusa depending on which file I get my hands on first.

The CQB helm is finished. My ghetto molded vents look pretty decent and the double visor is done. I'll be making a mold of it soon so if anybody is interested in a pull, PM me and let me know. I'll only be doing a very limited run.

Final PICS!

Raw molded vent part.

HPIM1176.jpg

Setup to cut double visor.

HPIM1182.jpg

Vents installed!

HPIM1185.jpg

Rough Double visor
HPIM1186.jpg

Final Helmet, visor Black silicone setting (few fingerprints on the lower part, I'll clean it up as soon as it sets)

HPIM1184.jpg

Crossfire said:
looks even better.
BTW nice gundam or whatever
That's actually from the show Patlabor, short for "Patrol Labor". It's the AV-98 Ingram, one of which was nicknamed "Alphonse" by one of the main characters.

That looks like "Patlabor"...IDK, but Sigma, I was wondering what scale did you use for your helmet...by looking at your visor it looks as if your helmet is pretty big. But I am having the same prob like you, with the brim tending to bulge out. (Right side)

Your CQB totally rocks right now, can't wait till you finish up the rest. (if you plan on doing the shoulders and chest)

Makes me want to finish up my CQB as well!

I just used the default 26 scale so it is just about 3 cm taller than my Spase helm and correct proportionally to my Sean, BR, and NAS stuff. I actually had to cut out some of the bottom polygons for it to fit right.

As for the bulge problem, this is what I did. Taped it into position then poured a rondo/mud mix into the brim and filled it up completely. However, this added an additional 2 lb to the helm and made it unbalanced. It won't matter since I'll mold it but it might be hard for you to wear yours after you do that to it.

HPIM1153.jpg

I'm hoping to complete the full CQB set by this summer. I'll keep everyone updated as I get started on the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back