Sign-Up Thread for the MTD Parade 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendude

This will be the sign-up list for people that want to be involved with the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade for 2011. First let me state this is not going to be a confirmed event since I have to have the paperwork sent in for it and other information taken care of before April 1st that's the deadline to have the paperwork in by. Now that that is said I will state the general rules. Costumes that can be approved are molded, vac-formed and some pepakura types.
1. Molded Armor can be Muckle castings or other types of molded armor.
2. Pepakura armor can be accepted if it is High-Def Armor or appears that it is High-Def armor. I have seen amazing suits on here that were Low-Def but people made them look high-def by doing alterations.
3. Vac-Formed armor is acceptable such as armor like Sean Bradleys ODST kits or Vrogys Marine armor. Rubies does not count.
4. Foam armor such as EVA Foam and Foam-It suits are acceptable as long as they are good quality.

ODSTs, Halo Marines, Spartans from all Halo Games, and anyone with a good Covie suit is welcome to submit a suit to my e-mail for approval.
I have a complete list of casters, pep builders, and people that do the vac-forming. I am currently waiting to hear back from the Macy's Parade people on the thoughts about weapon props if they will have to stay at your waist or attached to your armor like how the Chief has his AR on his back. There is also a possibility of no weapon props at all. I'm also going to be getting in touch with people for having at least one Mongoose, one Warthog, and one Banshee but these are only possibilitys that the people that own them would be intrested in having them in the parade. I suggest everyone intrested get in touch with people in your area to see if they would be intrested in carpooling and involving armor builds
In order to have your suit approved first send a photo of your completed costume to me before one week prior to April 1st, to Cylonproject2000@Yahoo.com all photos will be sent in with the paperwork, it does not need to have a background photoshopped but if you want to do that feel free. Second post here to let me know you wish to be involved even if it's posting to say that you are doing a WIP and will be sending your photo to me after you are done with it. Once I have your photo and if it is good enough you will be added to the list here. Third if any problem arises that you cannot participate in it contact me ASAP so I can make changes. Do not make any travel preparations until after the application for the parade has been approved, I will also say there is a chance of not being in the parade as some groups don't make the cut for it but I will be in contact with the parade commitee as much as possible to keep this updated. I am also in contact with areas close to the parade involving parade practice the day before if we get approved. If you have any questions please feel free to direct them to my e-mail. I think I have covered everything in this but if I have missed anything this can be edited and information added at a later time. You also have to think next year 10 days before the parade will be the 10 Year Anniversary of the first Halo game which started it all back on Nov 15th 2001, so hopefully that gives us bonus points with the Parade Commitee.

SIGN-UP LIST
Nintendude
Brandon McClain
Matth101

How soon does the application need to be sent in? I don't have a completed suit, yet, but should have one done in early Spring.

How soon does the application need to be sent in? I don't have a completed suit, yet, but should have one done in early Spring.

As stated I have to have the application in by April 1st. And yes Brandon please e-mail me your suit photo so I can send it in with the application.

Im in. I will have my full odst suit DONE by april 1st. Hope its good enough to be approved!

Your photo has to be sent to me by one week before April 1st that way I get everything taken care of and ready to send by the 1st.

Don't forget maybe some bonus Points to us from Bungie, That would be epic.

Ok And What about the Foam Armorers? I've seen some pretty nice ones so far, And I myself have restarted mine in foam. My Helm will be Pep though.

I Have a crappy plastic armor suit. I mean Its crappy compared to everyone else's suit. So ill probably buy and assemble either a custom Spartan or ODST. I'll make a WiP thread today. But I'm In.

Nintendude, you know im in. Im already working like a mad scientist to get my new suit done, Will be starting a WIP thread once a few pieces are done.

I don't have any suits made for myself. However, my kids have their Master Chiefs MVI. The sad thing is they will grow out of their suits next year.

I'm working on their ODST now but not sure if I can finish them by April 1st.

Do you allow kids to be in the parade?

To my knowledge kids have been in past parades for Macy's. I'll edit and add foam armor suits to the list as well that will go for EVA Foam and Foam-It suits. Hickydog, Jack and Fuzzy I'll keep a close eye on your WIPs.

Nintendude, I have no dog in this as I won't be attending.

However, wouldn't it be simpler just to judge the costumes based on how they look? There are plenty of crappy looking molded pieces, and some outstanding pep work. Who cares how it was made? Just the end result is important isn't it?

That's the main plan involving judging, it will be based on how it looks not entirely based on what it's made of and if it looks good it's approved by me and the person can have thier name added to the list.

That's the main plan involving judging, it will be based on how it looks not entirely based on what it's made of and if it looks good it's approved by me and the person can have thier name added to the list.

I agree. If you attend the Macy's parade, you will get all national tv coverage. Unless the suits are well made, 405th's name will suffer. There should be a set standard. Otherwise someone may join the parade with a few painted cardboards stick together using masking tape.

Unless the suits are well made, 405th's name will suffer. There should be a set standard.

I agree with you there.

I will have to see how fast I can finish my suit, but I am considering doing this. I'll have to get back to you Nintendude.

I would like to go and I'll send my pics once my project is completed.

And I would say if our people look half as good as our guys looked at dragon con we'll be looking sharp as a group

Justinian your H1 MC suit that I see in your avatar looks pretty good and it's probably the best H1 MC I've seen on here. Guys I have been involved with 5 total parades this would make 6 where I've had a hand in organizing groups, choreography, and getting things set up my first one was a parade in Phoenix, AZ. And one of my last ones was one of the past Rose Bowl parades, I'm originally from CA I think I still have my jacket from that somewhere around my mess of a house probably in a box someplace. Guys you also have to figure this is about 1 year away, but I have to have the paperwork in by April 1st in order to get our group approved. We want the 405th to look our complete best for this, for Dragon*Con we looked good but for this I want it to be better. If this is a go like I mentioned before parade rehersal would be the day before probably on the field of one of the schools or in a park nearby, that rehearsal you would not need to wear armor for the parade you will. This way I can get everyone into their marching lines and trained to do something like this kind of event.

Thank for adding the foam mate! Just built up a shin in foam in 9 hrs, looks fantastic too. I'll post my wip to my sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back