Simple WORKING! HUD Concept

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I never really post here but here goes.
Do any of you remember a commercial a few years back where a guy is sitting by himself on a parkbench. He has a pair of glasses on that has one piece of glass kindof extended and flipped in front of only one eye. He seemed to be talking to himself saying "buy,sell,buy,sell,sell." Then you see the glass has scrolling stock stats on it.,.. Something like that.
The HUD doesnt have to be multi colored or video. Maybe hooked to Bluetooth phone and you see the number your dialing. Maybe hooked to Iphone and you see the songs in your playlist. Maybe hooked to an Arduino and an axis/compass and have N NE NW etc on the screen.
Two months ago if someone would have told me I'd be making a realistic Warmachine suit for my son out of PAPER I would have said they were crazy. All things are possible and I applaud the effort.

BTW, um ,..if you do get this working,.. PM me :$

Ok, I never really post here but here goes.
Do any of you remember a commercial a few years back where a guy is sitting by himself on a parkbench. He has a pair of glasses on that has one piece of glass kindof extended and flipped in front of only one eye. He seemed to be talking to himself saying "buy,sell,buy,sell,sell." Then you see the glass has scrolling stock stats on it.,.. Something like that.
The HUD doesnt have to be multi colored or video. Maybe hooked to Bluetooth phone and you see the number your dialing. Maybe hooked to Iphone and you see the songs in your playlist. Maybe hooked to an Arduino and an axis/compass and have N NE NW etc on the screen.
Two months ago if someone would have told me I'd be making a realistic Warmachine suit for my son out of PAPER I would have said they were crazy. All things are possible and I applaud the effort.

BTW, um ,..if you do get this working,.. PM me :$

Arduino FTW!

As soon as I get some oxygen related life support stuff in, and re-test the helmet underwater, I will be able to install the electronics. At that point I'll post some pics of my HUD and finish the tut.

Edit: as far as electronics goes, my helmet has 2 ATmega2560 chips using the arduino optiboot bootloader and a custom board. I'm using a serial passthrough as a friend-or-foe xmitter between me and my brother's helmets :p As a ham radio operator, I have a modified ATsprint 3a radio doing burst transmission of data packets and also voice.

interesting, I never knew you could do any sort of video-like display with an arduino, I've seen it do fancy things with LED sequencing and the like.

As soon as I get some oxygen related life support stuff in, and re-test the helmet underwater, I will be able to install the electronics. At that point I'll post some pics of my HUD and finish the tut.

Edit: as far as electronics goes, my helmet has 2 ATmega2560 chips using the arduino optiboot bootloader and a custom board. I'm using a serial passthrough as a friend-or-foe xmitter between me and my brother's helmets :p As a ham radio operator, I have a modified ATsprint 3a radio doing burst transmission of data packets and also voice.

3cce3be5-6f26-411b-a1b9-c1b7f0d41ab7.jpg

I think a lot of people have trouble grasping because there have been so many HUD concept projects with no end result. It does sound like you are serious, so I wish you luck.

Very jealous of you being an active operator. ;)
KC9JKV

In my opinion you shouldn't have really said anything until you had something to show. When you say you have an innovative new concept and then reveal nothing, a person's credibility tends to go down the tubes. But you do sound like you know what you're talking about so by all means go for it.

I'm pretty sure i understand what you are wanting to do with this concept of a HUD. I think it is kinda the same concept they use to use in Pontiac Grand Prix as a HUD for speedometers and stuff. I would say it would work, but as mention by others before me in this topic focusing on the HUD and anything beyond that would pretty much be impossible.

The concept is sound. I do it with my phone on to the windshield of my truck with an app called Heads Up Display. The app reverses the image and projects it on to the windshield by way of reflection. Works awesome at night and ok in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back