Sizing help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyclopsBunny

Okay so my plan is to make the Mark V Masterchief armor I hope I'm saying the right one. (on the cover of the Halo 3 case).

I'm going to make the armor pieces out of Papukora then harden them with resin. And then use the hardened pieces to makes moulds for stronger material.

But the problem is I'm terrible at sizing. Every time either two big or two small. Etc. And I'm getting nowhere. I was hoping that someone who has a lot of practice at sizing could do it and send me the files. I could give you every measurement and weight etc

I know I'm asking for a lot but it would be a big help. Thanks

I do it this way, and I know its the wrong way but works well for me.

I print out the pages of the neck line of the helmet and put them together, then see if it fits over my head. Usually dosen't but I know that I can cut part of it out after I resin/fiber it. Usually you are able to do it.

Right now I'm working on a Recon Helmet and the head part is huge enough, but the neck part is too short.

Trial and error kids, thats how it works alot

Do it the old school way. Just measurer each part to your body with a ruler or tape measurer. That way you can see the end points on the part.

When doing helmets Use the width measurement. Take a peace of paper and tape it to the wall head height. Stand with your back to the wall. Place a pencil on you ear and make the paper, repeat for the other side. Measure between the two marks, that is the width of your head. Add 2" on ether side and convert to mm and you have a good starting point. Don't worry if the hole in the bottom is to small you can adjust that later. ALSO check the model you are building and find the widest part each helm is different. That part is where they get the width measurement. For example, the Noble 6 reach helm is really wide at the bottom where as the Carter helm is not so one measurement will not work with both helms. You will have to adjust the numbers for each model. So if it has a really wide spot you may need to add an extra 1/2" to each side to get the padding to fit right. Same with the chest use the width between your shoulders. All other parts use the length.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back