Sliced Foam H3 Shotgun WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update time!
mounting the flashlight & lower barrel (anyone know what that is for?)
Picture2774.jpg

top view
Picture2776.jpg

duh! for the zombies! you are'nt always going to be in a bright place!
Gosh... the nerve of some people..... =P
Haha, looks good maN! i like the grip detailing

Shotgun is done and ready for paint! Hoo-ra! Pictures say a 1000 words so without further adeau...
Picture2787.jpg

Picture2790.jpg

Picture2788.jpg

Picture2797.jpg

Picture2799.jpg

Picture2792.jpg

Picture2795.jpg

Picture2798.jpg

I am quite happy with the overall results, it's near game accurate and should look fairly real once painted. The side mounted 5 rounds are a custom touch. The flashlight works, it even has the button on the back and I figure the lower barrel would be for a laser targeting system or perhaps to mount an under barrel grenade launcher or gyrostabalizer.

Cjsuner said:
duh! for the zombies! you are'nt always going to be in a bright place!
Oooooo do I smell another bad parody coming on? It's that or I need a shower

From the darkness emerges.....
Van Chiefsing
Snapshot-10.jpg

Solid silver slugs for the werewolves...
Snapshot-8.jpg

A flashlight for rooting out zombies...
Snapshot-13.jpg

And for bloodsucking vampires, a traditional burnt wooden spike...
Snapshot-16.jpg

Finish him!
Snapshot-17.jpg

Bring it on monsters!
Snapshot-4.jpg

Hey I just realized something... I have alot of spare time on my hands

That looks amazing for foam, well done! Love the shotshells, I actually spent some time this morning prepping some empty hulls myself to attach to my forearm armor piece. Those things are a b*tch to close back up! haha

Looking very UBER! Can't wait to paint it!

Me thinks that we need to redo those prev pics but with you wearing the rest of the armor. :)

That looks amazing for foam, well done! Love the shotshells, I actually spent some time this morning prepping some empty hulls myself to attach to my forearm armor piece. Those things are a b*tch to close back up! haha
Thanks! Yes they are a pain to close up, so I didn't bother, I inserted the foam cutout circles from the mounting bracket so they look like solid slug rounds.

LongShot-X said:
Looking very UBER! Can't wait to paint it!

Me thinks that we need to redo those prev pics but with you wearing the rest of the armor.
Well.... come get it! And yes, we do need to take some more pics, now that the helm is ready.

Well sir i must say i am super impressed, you just keep cranking out beautiful work!! I can't wait to see the paint on it. Keep it up!

^Please watch the language, it's not tolerated here.

And This is just an amazing build, I plan on doing my Sniper rifle in foam, any tips on sliced building with foam?
Awesome work, get up some pictures when you get it painted!!!

sildeo said:
wow that is totally awsome it hard to believe that its made from foam, just has so much detail, wow
Thanks! That's one of the things I like best about working with the foam, with 2mm crafting foam and a wood-burning kit you can add as much detail as you want.

troubleis1983 said:
very nice work dude!
Thanks!

180spaz said:
this is so @#$%&! MLG.
Thanks! What does MLG stand for? Mighty Largely Great? (and do watch the swearing, you can get insta banned)

Omega Ravager said:
And This is just an amazing build, I plan on doing my Sniper rifle in foam, any tips on sliced building with foam?
Awesome work, get up some pictures when you get it painted!!!
Thanks! For the sniper rifle I would definately find a hollow metal rod for the barrel and extend it into the foam. I would also measure the main body thickness, subtract the thickness of 2 layers of foam and cut the remaining thickness from a piece of plywood with a jigsaw and sandwich it between. You can cover the seams with 2mm foam and dremel a 45o angle to hide the seam. That should solve the floppy issue with such a long weapon. Get lots of reference pics and use a woodburning kit for details, and wear a respirator when burning the foam. Good luck
And yes, once I get over to Longshot-X's paintshop we will post some more progress pics :)

MLG= Major league gaming.

I assume he meant it looks pro. . .

Thanks for the tips!
Once I get my armor done that info will be incredibly helpful!

OK... I now have possession of the foam shotgun.

The shop has been reconfigured for painting mode. ie Fans in the window and respirator at hand.

Picked up a few cans of metalic paint.

Got some new brushs for detailing.

Hopped onto the 405th Insider Live... and lost track of time! For those who don't know... the 405th Insider Live is where 405th members can join in a live video chat with each other and talk/chat about anything that is Halo and or 405th related. Usually held on Saturday evenings.

Sooo... needless to say... I did not get a chance to start the painting.

However... I do have the next day off and that's the day that we will have properly color'd shotgun.

Progress pics will commence tomorrow (assuming no interuptions and or suprises)

Cheers!

Wow... I have not posted a progress report in the Noob section in a long time!
It feels exciting to do so again!
Soo... Here goes!

Gamemaster's H3 Shotgun painting progress report:

This is how I recieved it.
The first thing that I noticed was how light this is. I would say lighter than a pepped fiberglass version.
It is very firm. Yes you can squeeze it but it does not squeeze that much. If anything it feels better to hold onto. ie. GRIP

img00021420.jpg

Yes I just had to check it out.
It appears to be quite accurate.
Not only in aim but in game detail.
I did notice an addon to hold some shells. Nice touch!
img00021421.jpg

Its a pretty good size when compared to my Chief's armor.

im000513.jpg

Looking at it the way it was before the primer hits it. Side view.
im000515.jpg

Bottom view.
im000518.jpg

Waiting for the last coat of primer to dry!
im000520.jpg

There was a lot more surface area than I thought. It took an entire can of primer.

More to updates to come soon!

Cheers!

I really think i might do some foam weapons. this looks great! and i'm looking forward to seeing the finished paint job

Yes I did... It took 1/2 can of the "white" stuff. Used it on the higher stress areas. I don't like the "White" Plasti Dip because I never get a good coat from it. I like the "Red" Plasti Dip better. Which I ran out of. :(

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back