Props Sliced M6G ('C' Variant) Magnum -- New Model, New Semi-WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to a recent aqcuisition of a little free time, I made something a little new and different from what I have done before. I figured I'd . . . mix things up a little (but decided not to shoot my way out).

I tried out making a sliced file to join up the sliced bandwagon, and then attempted to make it in real life as well. I utilized foamcore board for the slices and cardstock to fill some of the openings. This is most likely as far as I'm going to go with the project. I may progress further with it (that's why the tilte says "Semi-WIP"), but I never know what the future will hold, so... Without further ado, here's what resulted from my earnest attempt:

IMAG00301-1.jpg

[Insert unique description about this gun in an attempt to make it seem as awesome as all the other Halo 3 Magnums around here.]

IMAG00311-1.jpg

It has a movable trigger and slide whatchamacallit (I don't know the proper term), and removable magazine (just like all the others have, except the outer parts of my magazine are shaped improperly to allow for some other details.)

The model is available here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/DHXTN11t/M6G__C__Magnum.html
I used a scale of around 258 mm wide, which was a little short from the in-game size, and it fits me perfectly. Note that if any of you do decide to build this, there will be open areas requiring custom-cut card stock to close the gap, unless you want there to be a big opening in the handle where you can see straight through to the magazine. By the way, the thickness of the pieces is set to 3/16 of an inch, so foamcore board or regular cardboard can be used (I measured the thickness of both to make sure).

EDIT: I forgot to say, special thanks to wizzardofflight for the awesome blueprint he made of the Magnum. It was my only really used reference for the entire project.

EDIT #2: See post #8 for mkshane81's pdo file if you don't want to bother with all of the scaling, arranging, etc. that would have to be done with my 3ds file in this post.

IMAG00301-1.jpg

IMAG00311-1.jpg

Wow! thats awesome, wouldve never guessed it was sliced. I hope you finish it, I'd like to see some paint on it.

right what do i open i with.... i opened it with pepakura designer but where do i go from there?

Wow! thats awesome, wouldve never guessed it was sliced. I hope you finish it, I'd like to see some paint on it.
Thanks. The only problem is my skills are lacking in the painting area.

Very nice! :) I hope you do finish it.
Thank you.

Nice, I think I'll try it out this weekend.
Awesome. Shoot me a PM if you run into trouble in the construction, because some areas do end up kind of odd.

right what do i open i with.... i opened it with pepakura designer but where do i go from there?
Just hit "Unfold," set your scale (set the width to 258 mm), turn off texture, rearrange the parts to your liking, and print. After that, build it like you would any other sliced file.

Just hit "Unfold," set your scale (set the width to 258 mm), turn off texture, rearrange the parts to your liking, and print. After that, build it like you would any other sliced file.[/QUOTE]

hate to be a noob but how do i do that?

well, i had an idea for this kind of thing. people seem to use foam core boards on these kinds of builds, why not get mdf or something of the same width and build it again, and this time it would be sandable. just an idea, but good work, ive been lookin for sliced weapon files.

got armour: all you have to do now is download mkshane81's unfold of it and print. ;) Then cut out the shapes of each piece on cardboard or foamcore board and glue them together.

mkshane81: thanks for releasing a pdo! I'm sure it will be very helpful to people.

SpartanRouge1: I actually never thought of that! It would work great for the trigger area,
because the foam core is weak and liable to break. My only problem is I'm not familiar with working with mdf. Thanks for the idea though, I'll have to talk with one of my friends about trying out something similar.

blowing bomb: sonic sod basically answered the question, but make sure the cardboard is around 3/16 inches thick. If it's 1/4 the grip will be too wide. And there is one part on each side of the grip requiring a piece of regular cardstock to be cut and fit in.

I'm not sure if anyone else has had any problem with downloading mkshane81's unfold, but whenever I try to download it, it says the link is broken. Sucks, I was all excited for my own magnum! haha

wow this is pretty sweet. This is some inovative work. I can't wait to give it a try myself. Thanks for the file Chevysrule and thanks for the unfold Mkshane81. I'll let you know how it turns out. Again, mega-props.

So can I assume that this 1/4" slices most other sliced weapons?

Just want to make sure before hitting the foam again :p

:cool :cool :cool

Cujo3131

I'm not sure if anyone else has had any problem with downloading mkshane81's unfold, but whenever I try to download it, it says the link is broken. Sucks, I was all excited for my own magnum! haha
His link should work just fine.
Wow I love the detail on this. I can't wait to see it painted. ^_^
It will be a while until painting. I have gone into some.. Other projects. I considered getting a title change and just making this thread a collection of my sliced creations.
wow this is pretty sweet. This is some inovative work. I can't wait to give it a try myself. Thanks for the file Chevysrule and thanks for the unfold Mkshane81. I'll let you know how it turns out. Again, mega-props.
You're welcome. I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes for you.
So can I assume that this 1/4" slices most other sliced weapons?

Just want to make sure before hitting the foam again :p

:cool :cool :cool

Cujo3131
No. It is set for 3/16". I measured out my cardboard and foamcore boards, and they were all 3/16", so that's why I set it to that. But you can make it with 1/4", it will just be a bit wider.

Nice

This looks really clean! I want to try it myself, does this document have the slice instructions in it? I have yet to download the program to open it...

Looks sweeet!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back