Snortellini's Jun Reach Build (Many photos) W.I.P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snortellini

After a while of thinking of which armor to do I decided to do a Reach build. I used the Jico V3 Jun file while I was building this which i found out later on had some issues in it but this was when I got close to finishing it so I decided to edit the file manually. Luckily the helmet is the perfect size, it's big enough for fitting foam inside and is not oversized at all. But because of the issue with the HU/RS attachment pepakura file not being correct (the attachment is part of the whole helmet in the pepakura file) I'm debating on re-doing the helmet with another file. Also sorry for the poor quality did not have a good camera to use.

Snapshot_20130929_zps2767a313.jpg

Snapshot_20130929_2_zps11530fed.jpg

Snapshot_20130929_3_zps3f793436.jpg

The picture below is the main issue I am currently having with the helmet, the little ridges on the attachment are not symmetric and I had to have the flaps on the outside because of the faulty file. Can this issue be fixed with bondo? Or should I redo the helmet but choose another file instead?

Snapshot_20130929_4_zps614fa3b3.jpg

halo_zps38035097.jpe

Attachments

• Snapshot_20130929_zps2767a313.jpg
    Snapshot_20130929_zps2767a313.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 172
  • Snapshot_20130929_2_zps11530fed.jpg
    Snapshot_20130929_2_zps11530fed.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 173
  • Snapshot_20130929_3_zps3f793436.jpg
    Snapshot_20130929_3_zps3f793436.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 169
  • Snapshot_20130929_4_zps614fa3b3.jpg
    Snapshot_20130929_4_zps614fa3b3.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 166
  • halo_zps38035097.jpe
    halo_zps38035097.jpe
    69.2 KB · Views: 165
I, personally, would seriously consider a new file. There are far better files out there to use, that are far more accurate and feature the HU/RS as a modular piece, which would be far easier to work with than having it as an integrated piece.

That said, to answer your question: yes, it's fixable. But, if you're a stickler for accuracy, I would suggest finding the Halo: Reach game-ripped file unfolded by Zaff, and taking a pop at it - although I would bear in mind that some work needs to be done to it to reverse some of the flipped faces. I'd be more than happy to fix those issues for you and provide you with that unfolded file within a day, if you'd like.

I, personally, would seriously consider a new file. There are far better files out there to use, that are far more accurate and feature the HU/RS as a modular piece, which would be far easier to work with than having it as an integrated piece.

That said, to answer your question: yes, it's fixable. But, if you're a stickler for accuracy, I would suggest finding the Halo: Reach game-ripped file unfolded by Zaff, and taking a pop at it - although I would bear in mind that some work needs to be done to it to reverse some of the flipped faces. I'd be more than happy to fix those issues for you and provide you with that unfolded file within a day, if you'd like.

How difficult would the bondo process be for attempting to fix the HU/RS attachment? I haven't been able to find that Zaff Jun file.. do you mind sending me to a link where it is?

I'd say it'd be quite difficult, but not impossible. It'd be far easier to add the HU/RS on as a separate piece, since you have a solid base to place it on.

I'll fix the geometry issues in Zaff's file and send you a copy as soon as I'm able, but if you want to review the file for yourself:

LINK

The main issues are with the crown of the helmet, the visor and 'nose', and the neckseal. In modelling terms: these faces are inverted, meaning that Pepakura flips them and creates an open edge. It's easily fixed, though, and you won't find a more accurate file out there.

Been on and off on the reach chest piece just because on how long it takes to cut out and pep, but now that its done for the most part the armor progress will be going much faster now.
There are a few imperfections in the chest as expected, the lower abplate is a bit off leaning a bit to the right but I'm OCD when it comes to symmetry so I will have to fix it during the resin process. What is the best method for aligning pieces during the resin process?

Also I've heard from many people to not pep the neckseal due to it being too small. I have not pepped the neckseal yet and I'm curious if not pepping it will cause the chest piece to become more uneven.

that is the reason why I make mine out of Foam, faster to work with and less toxic unless you use Aqua Resin.

*Update*

Almost done with my right bicep... should be done with it soon and by that I mean tomorrow. Just have to connect that circular piece to the rest of the bicep. Also should I pep the neckseal to make the chest more even or leave it unpepped?

good to see a Jun build, haven't seen one before. It would be amazing if I went to a convention as Carter and the rest of the Noble team was also represented. I have seen a Kat build (finished) and I think RTWHOCKEY has done a Jorge build so if you finish this we just need an Emile and then somehow meet up in one place lol

Finished the right bicep. Going to add the little stick on the bicep as foam I would think it would be a lot more durable rather than slathering rondo inside it. And yeah U513 that would be pretty sick if we managed to get all of Noble team in one place.

Snapshot_20131231_zps41a5bcd6.jpg

Snapshot_20131231_1_zpsc12b7b4f.jpg

Attachments

• Snapshot_20131231_1_zpsc12b7b4f.jpg
    Snapshot_20131231_1_zpsc12b7b4f.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 166
  • Snapshot_20131231_zps41a5bcd6.jpg
    Snapshot_20131231_zps41a5bcd6.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 166
halocodpiece_zps610ed2d4.jpg

Managed to finish my codpiece finally.

Next thing on my list is my right forearm.

Attachments

• halocodpiece_zps610ed2d4.jpg
    halocodpiece_zps610ed2d4.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 177
I made my cod from foam and it was the biggest headache I've ever had from a piece- such a frustrating space diaper. I'm looking forward to seeing more, keep it up! I was borderline on doing jun myself, but I went Emile because of my love of bubble visors- however, I bought a play arts jun figure to use as armor ref because he's secretly my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back