so are we nerds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm a nerd when the Fresh Prince them song came rocketing in at light speed in my head when he said Bel Air High School.
Ah, the 90s

LOL same here :D

As for the rest, who cares? I've gotten much stranger looks for showing up to random places in garb when I was active with the SCA, but I quit caring about that a long time ago. Do whatever makes you happy and screw anyone that doesn't like it.

Dude, I said thiks out loud to everyone around when I went to work on my suit this summer. "Gyad I'm such a dork for doing this!!" And everyone I have shown my suit to thinks its great and my beautiful girlfriend even watched me rondo and fiberglass some of my stuff and thought it was great!!! Sure were al gonna state all the manly crap we do besides this armor stuff to make up for it, but in my opinion, I am a dork-nerd-geek and I don't care lol! Sure I am in good shape, play sports, lplay with guns and all that, but after that I'm a dork even in my career LOL! Who cares what others think. This is a fun hobby and I plan on making more suits!!! I wanted a halo suit when halo ce was the game back in high school and I finally got one!!!! LONG LIVE THE 405TH, BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!! :-D

Yeah, we're nerds. The fact that this thread has gone on this long just proves it. That being said, we're also freaking awesome, so nerd-haters can shove it :cool

My son is 13 and he's been working with fiberglass resin and bondo for 2 years (supervised and with safety gear). I don't let him do the cutting though unless he's using scissors though. He gets "too excited" around sharp objects :p.

Yes, we are nerds, but nerds rock!

I think the main-"problem" is, that "normal" people always "have to put a label" on peple oder things they don't understand.So if you love to build haloarmor and get called nerd, it doesnt mean you do all the other nerdy things or behave nerdy or what ever. Same with taste of musik and clothing. The funny thing about this is, that normality as such is controlled by majority. So if 70% of all people on earth would have armor-building as hobby, the rest was kinda "unnormal" xD...well just a few thoughts.
For myself i don't think i'm a nerd. I don't think I can be put in some groups or scenes or kind of people anyway. If people do, its just a proove to myself, that the don't really know who I am.

all my mates are halo nerds but the difference between me and them is i make armor they always talk calibre of the guns and the armors statistics so i don't think im a nerd

I think the main-"problem" is, that "normal" people always "have to put a label" on peple oder things they don't understand.

That's exacty what I thought :)
Having an unusual hobby usually makes people think you're weird, even more so if your hobby is unproductive as well.

My son is 13 and he's been working with fiberglass resin and bondo for 2 years (supervised and with safety gear).

Well, with supervision and proper instructions it may be safe in rare cases. But in general, I would be even more "conservative" than aktaylorh: I wouldn't let kids start before the age of maybe 16 or 17 - depending on personal development. Some are mature enough to work with it at that age, others still put cocktail umbrellas in there and drink it.

Why dont we just replace the word nerd or geek with something like:

Gifted

Talented

GENETICALLY SUPERIOR!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i got so many people staring at me whispering geek when i showed my freinds my airsoft dmr from sliced but still in my eyes its the coolest thing ever this is why 405th is here to share our geekyness with other geeks.........oooorrraaahhh

I dont think of us being nerds, I think of us as people that can make Halo guns and armer with are own hands, WE CAN DO THINGS ONLY COOL PEOPLE CAN DO!!

we are NOT nerds, we are a unique race known simply as the geeks. sure we go over-the-top with our fandom but, what the heck it's fun! and as mr.sci-fi said "the geeks shall inherit the earth"

Who the hell cares what other people think? Enjoy yourself and outlive the hell out of those who think you should be the same as what they imagine the rest of the population is like. They're not even smart enough to realise they are missing out on so much.

I find it hilarious how if you've got imagination you're a geek, if your muscular you're a jock, if you've got a little flab you're fat. who are they to stereotype us, i'm smart but not a genius, i'm muscular but i've got a little flab, i break every stereotype. if you took a glance at me any day of the week while walking on the street, you wouldn't know that i'm geeky, but heck i catch more obscure references than half the people who saw the movies when they were fresh out. i'm the original loose cannon, and i'm one feather plucking walrus, coo-coo ka freaking chu. (oh i hope someone caught that.)

same boat here brudda! 80% of my friends are Call of Duty crazy, they call halo "gaylo" and spartans "fartans" but they admire my ability and I have made some money from them for making and giving them stuff! I get really tired of hearing my game being dissed! Waddaya gonna do though? Oh well...

The cool thing though is that we know how to use tools and fiberglass and silicone rubber and all that jazz and they dont!!

yah same here, all of my friends are call of duty freaks, fallout freaks, and bad company freaks and my friends call halo gaylo also and it freaklin annoying, all of my friends say if i am going to make them something it has to be the best one you have ever made and you have to use cardstock and all of that hardener stuff too, plus if i make them something they want me to make in a certain amount of time "3 weeks max" i made one of my friends a desert eagle "his favorite gun" and he didn't even care :angry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back