some of us need....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should atleast be able to mark peoples posts as unappropriate (e.g some with cursing and flaming) and if someone hits a certain limit (e.g 5) then some disiplinary action should be enforced. (just my two cents)
Bull3t

Keegan said:
You are exactly
Wrong sir. MJOLNIRARMOR does not sell armor! We arent a buisness!
its called making a home busness u can sell ur lemets u made over internet and selling to friends

im not saying the site is a busness you can in a way create your own

Last edited by a moderator:
nooooooo, dont ban meeeee...

nunber 1:i have been nice.
number 2:My parents agreed that i can play Halo and they know it is rated M for mature.
number 3:I dont wanna leave :cry:

edit: although i am younger then 14+ i still agree to get some ppl banned, like little kids whining for some armor and people who are just rude.

florios said:
its called making a home busness u can sell ur lemets u made over internet and selling to friends

im not saying the site is a busness you can in a way create your own
No, you cannot make your own Halo helmets in mass and sell them for profit without approval from Microsoft and/or Bungie. Doing otherwise can, and most likely, will get a C&D from them dropped in your inbox telling you that your are violating copyright and/or IP rights and ordering you to stop selling anything related to Halo effective immediatly. If you don't pay attention to the C&D then they can slap you sideways with lawsuits.

On other subjects, At least make an attempt at proper spelling and have the right words in starting with caps and 'I' is always written in capital letter, "I" is the shortest word in the english world and is never written in lower case.

Swearing and threats, anything from a few days in 'the box' to permanent banning.

I still think that the best examples of young people being valuable members of this community are folks like fs and Doom.

Everything really does go back to the individual level of maturity for our members. When people first start out here, they should be given a chance regardless of their level of n00bness. The thing that makes or breaks them is their willingness to learn to use the resources here.

For part of the official 405th though, I stand by that there should be an 18+ age regulation. You just can't have a semi-professional costuming group without the legal freedom and transportation 18+ people have.

It might be a good idea to bring back the old ONI forum where only the major contributors to the site are allowed. Having a n00b forum has helped a lot in keeping the OMG 1 w4ntz teh Chef Amor threads in check, but it would still be nice to have a place for some more serious shop talk than the Creation Discussion area.

I think if people spent as much time working on their kit as they did posting there would be a lot more nice armour on this forum.

Sigma-LS said:
I still think that the best examples of young people being valuable members of this community are folks like fs and Doom.

Everything really does go back to the individual level of maturity for our members. When people first start out here, they should be given a chance regardless of their level of n00bness. The thing that makes or breaks them is their willingness to learn to use the resources here.

For part of the official 405th though, I stand by that there should be an 18+ age regulation. You just can't have a semi-professional costuming group without the legal freedom and transportation 18+ people have.

It might be a good idea to bring back the old ONI forum where only the major contributors to the site are allowed. Having a n00b forum has helped a lot in keeping the OMG 1 w4ntz teh Chef Amor threads in check, but it would still be nice to have a place for some more serious shop talk than the Creation Discussion area.
I do agree doom and FS are our most valuable younger members, (though I still think doom is lying about his age). Younger people need to know by now none of us will hold their hands until their projects are done.

About the 18+ thing, I do agree if we ever became like the 501st we need a age limit that high, it just doesnt look good for a group to have super tall chiefs, then 4 foot tall chiefs. Plus, people 18+ tend to drive and could go anywhere for an event, kids younger than 15/16 dont have transportation and rely off their parents, "I want to go to California for MC 405th event, but I dunno if my mom will take me" that is kinda embarrassing and bad if we ever became official.

Also, some people here do post alot (like myself) but some of us already have all our projects done/on hold. But I do agree, some people who are currently wanting armor, if they would work harder on making armor, rather than posting, we would see much nicer armor.

Sigma-LS said:

Agreed.
Until then make it 16+. I'm fed up of mouthy kids giving people a hard time over nothing of importance.

yea i agree that if we became official an age limit would probably have to happen, for reasons said above, like rides. i know that my parents wouldnt be willing to drive me to california for a convention no matter how good my armor looked. but its not fair that just because we're younger we cant be a part of this site. i have to say there are alot of immature ppl on this site, but what about the young people who behave them selves and contribute?

rachciav said:
yea i agree that if we became official an age limit would probably have to happen, for reasons said above, like rides. i know that my parents wouldnt be willing to drive me to california for a convention no matter how good my armor looked. but its not fair that just because we're younger we cant be a part of this site. i have to say there are alot of immature ppl on this site, but what about the young people who behave them selves and contribute?
People on the 501st, they wanna be a part? Make/buy the armor and wait till your 18.

But here, kids should be grateful that there is no age limit, and from that, they should make the best armor they can, not cheap armor for one occasion.

This has turned into yet another age requirements / rules argument thread... We have plenty of those already.

We are seemingly a long ways away from having any official rules set into place. Why doesn't everybody just sit back, enjoy what we've got at the moment, and have fun building armor. With less attitude while we do it.

NZ-TK said:
I think if people spent as much time working on their kit as they did posting there would be a lot more nice armour on this forum.

QFT.

Edit:
Sigma & AoB, if by FS and fs you're referring to flying squirl, I'm pretty sure he's 22 or 23.

Jarhead said:
No, you cannot make your own Halo helmets in mass and sell them for profit without approval from Microsoft and/or Bungie. Doing otherwise can, and most likely, will get a C&D from them dropped in your inbox telling you that your are violating copyright and/or IP rights and ordering you to stop selling anything related to Halo effective immediatly. If you don't pay attention to the C&D then they can slap you sideways with lawsuits.

On other subjects, At least make an attempt at proper spelling and have the right words in starting with caps and 'I' is always written in capital letter, "I" is the shortest word in the english world and is never written in lower case.

Swearing and threats, anything from a few days in 'the box' to permanent banning.
not mass selll its called home buisness it doesent meen ur putting hemets in stores it meens you can sell one here one there every now and then

Guys cmon! I mean, its ok to have an age limit on the 405th group. But on the forum? I think not.. This is a community, which means, as long as you dont do anthing to upset the moderators, your good! I understand that threats can be made by immature people, BUT EVERY ONE HAS A BAD DAY. I mean, cmon, like you never threatened anyone over the internet before? Everyone does it, and if you take it to the head.. see a doctor, because the chances of that person commiting their threat is slim to none. And to be honest, I always say, if you dont like the people, then no one is stopping you from not coming back. The age limit on the forum is complete nonsense. This forum has great mods, and if they need something to be taken care of, they will handle it. If you have a problem with another person, then ignore them or report them to a mod.. Thats all, we dont need to ban random people for a small stupid-ass threat!

SPARTAN-430 said:
Guys cmon! I mean, its ok to have an age limit on the 405th group. But on the forum? I think not.. This is a community, which means, as long as you dont do anthing to upset the moderators, your good! I understand that threats can be made by immature people, BUT EVERY ONE HAS A BAD DAY. I mean, cmon, like you never threatened anyone over the internet before? Everyone does it, and if you take it to the head.. see a doctor, because the chances of that person commiting their threat is slim to none. And to be honest, I always say, if you dont like the people, then no one is stopping you from not coming back. The age limit on the forum is complete nonsense. This forum has great mods, and if they need something to be taken care of, they will handle it. If you have a problem with another person, then ignore them or report them to a mod.. Thats all, we dont need to ban random people for a small stupid-ass threat!
damn strait

I demand an IQ test, or a forced watching of that "How to act on an Internet forum" video, such as you cannot register until you fully watch it. Then you are administered a simple test, to prove that you are not 10 years old. This will weed out the lesser intelligent ones. You people have heads, use them.

Ironcobra3000 said:
I demand an IQ test, or a forced watching of that "How to act on an Internet forum" video, such as you cannot register until you fully watch it. Then you are administered a simple test, to prove that you are not 10 years old. This will weed out the lesser intelligent ones. You people have heads, use them.
good idea but what about if thay are 10 but are smart or polite

SPARTAN-430 said:
Isnt the site a forum? How can you put a age limit on the site without one on the forum? The site is a forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back