some of us need....

Status
Not open for further replies.
florios said:
its called making a home busness u can sell ur lemets u made over internet and selling to friends

im not saying the site is a busness you can in a way create your own

\ ENGLISH

im sorry but it is starting to get out of hand and is pissing me off.

edited

Last edited by a moderator:
dont tell me what to do when i have been here longer than you.

how would you like it if i told you how to talk to your parents?

silvercookie said:
dont tell me what to do when i have been here longer than you.

how would you like it if i told you how to talk to your parents?
Hahahaha. Wow. A huge thread about the bad attitudes on the forum, and after 5 pages, you type that?! As well as the cleverly hidden curse word in your post before that...

Christ... Being here longer has so little to do with it, it's not even funny. Primal Weyland was just reminding you of the rules that are clearly outlined in the Rules thread.

And guess what? So am I. Watch your mouth. None of us are here for that. Want to talk like that? gb2/b/... :cautious:

P.S. I'm leaving this thread forever now. The irony of the subject matter vs. the people in the thread is killing me...

Nicktendo said:
Hahahaha. Wow. A huge thread about the bad attitudes on the forum, and after 5 pages, you type that?! As well as the cleverly hidden curse word in your post before that...

Christ... Being here longer has so little to do with it, it's not even funny. Primal Weyland was just reminding you of the rules that are clearly outlined in the Rules thread.

And guess what? So am I. Watch your mouth. None of us are here for that. Want to talk like that? gb2/b/...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm with Primal on this, offensive language has no place is this, or any non adult forum.
florios is either a kid to used to text messages of someone dealing with ESL, either way your language is out of line.

btw, I don't care how long you been here, you should no better.

Jarhead said:
I'm with Primal on this, offensive language has no place is this, or any non adult forum.
florios is either a kid to used to text messages of someone dealing with ESL, either way your language is out of line.

btw, I don't care how long you been here, you should no better.

what is esl? some form of dyslexia?

i know the whole language thing just i got used to another forum and am used to cursing

havent been on this forum in a while so im still adjusting.

apologies to all

silvercookie said:
what is esl? some form of dyslexia?

i know the whole language thing just i got used to another forum and am used to cursing

havent been on this forum in a while so im still adjusting.

apologies to all
ESL is English Second Language, meaning english being spoken or written by someone who was not born as an english speaker.

Jarhead said:
ESL is English Second Language, meaning english being spoken or written by someone who was not born as an english speaker.

oh ok.
yea like i said i apologize to all you guys. got to get used to this forum again

silvercookie said:
oh ok.
yea like i said i apologize to all you guys. got to get used to this forum again

Just remember, If you need some 'four letter words', here's a couple that are approved on forums where offensive language use is grounds for being booted, the words are 'borrowed' from both Farscape and Battlestar Galactica - 'Frack' and 'Frell' can be used in place the more offensive words.

Jarhead said:
Just remember, If you need some 'four letter words', here's a couple that are approved on forums where offensive language use is grounds for being booted, the words are 'borrowed' from both Farscape and Battlestar Galactica - 'Frack' and 'Frell' can be used in place the more offensive words.

whoa thats a little too "happy" for me.

AoBfrost said:
We may never have an age limit on anything for 405th, but right now, I think we need to suspend people constantly if they cant read the stickies or follow the rules.
i like that so then mature 12, 13 ect can stay because this is a cool website and i could not make armor without this site so i thank you all for the advice and tutorals

An age limit could be both a blessing and a curse.

I personally agree with having an age boundary in place - 16, at the lowest margin, to ensure that the members would be covered under the game's given age rating, as well as ensuring at least the members tagging along with their armor to conventions would be covered and at least expected to show some level of maturity offline as well as online.

However, this could end up excluding several members below this age limit that are mature and proficient armorsmiths, and this could be a bad thing, as I'm sure nobody likes having to be told 'wait until you're old enough'.

Therefore, I move to agree with Adam - unfortunately, every group will have 'undesirables' - those who cannot, or will not, abide by the rules. Silvercookie, I'm looking at you here specifically when I point out swearing and cussing specifically - follow by the example others have set before you. Nobody on this forum swears, and those that do very rarely stick around long enough to continue it. Say what you like about being here longer than I have - that point is irrelevant.

The forum rules clearly state that any objectionable action taken by ANY member will result in a cautioning, or for severe/repeated offenses, a suspension or perhaps even a ban will take place. In simple terms: toe the line, or you will be taken care of. This applies to absolutely anybody within the forum, whether they've been here three days, three months, or since the forum was set up.

I personally cannot abide by seeing poor grammar, reckless swearing, and pointless emoticon usage. Certainly, some people in this forum are admittedly foreign to the English language and have a poor grasp of it - those members will earn my sympathy in grammar matters. However, the latter two points are unacceptable, and for quite a few members on this forum, I dread the possibility of meeting them in real life due purely to the content of their posts - for example, whining for information without first looking for it (a situation I aim to make much more simple), continued spam, and general inappropriate activities.

Quite simply, I put this to the forum. If you cannot abide by the ruleset, and you cannot display enough maturity within the forums, then you have little hope of constructing an armor set, and for the worst offenders, you simply aren't welcome here.

Primal Weyland said:
An age limit could be both a blessing and a curse.

I personally agree with having an age boundary in place - 16, at the lowest margin, to ensure that the members would be covered under the game's given age rating, as well as ensuring at least the members tagging along with their armor to conventions would be covered and at least expected to show some level of maturity offline as well as online.

However, this could end up excluding several members below this age limit that are mature and proficient armorsmiths, and this could be a bad thing, as I'm sure nobody likes having to be told 'wait until you're old enough'.

Therefore, I move to agree with Adam - unfortunately, every group will have 'undesirables' - those who cannot, or will not, abide by the rules. Silvercookie, I'm looking at you here specifically when I point out swearing and cussing specifically - follow by the example others have set before you. Nobody on this forum swears, and those that do very rarely stick around long enough to continue it. Say what you like about being here longer than I have - that point is irrelevant.

The forum rules clearly state that any objectionable action taken by ANY member will result in a cautioning, or for severe/repeated offenses, a suspension or perhaps even a ban will take place. In simple terms: toe the line, or you will be taken care of. This applies to absolutely anybody within the forum, whether they've been here three days, three months, or since the forum was set up.

I personally cannot abide by seeing poor grammar, reckless swearing, and pointless emoticon usage. Certainly, some people in this forum are admittedly foreign to the English language and have a poor grasp of it - those members will earn my sympathy in grammar matters. However, the latter two points are unacceptable, and for quite a few members on this forum, I dread the possibility of meeting them in real life due purely to the content of their posts - for example, whining for information without first looking for it (a situation I aim to make much more simple), continued spam, and general inappropriate activities.
Quite simply, I put this to the forum. If you cannot abide by the ruleset, and you cannot display enough maturity within the forums, then you have little hope of constructing an armor set, and for the worst offenders, you simply aren't welcome here.
i agree with you unless you can try making armor and not just slack of and be kind to other pepole even if you are young and I am sorry I dont have the best grammer but I try

Therefore, I move to agree with Adam

I missed it... when did Adam post in this thread?

I completely agree with what you're saying weyland... people will get rooted out the way they always have...

Adam posted a response in the other thread, not this one, although i'm not sure, I just dont remember seeing his name on the post's in this thread.

Adam said:
You're right. the way the 405th is right now is definately like the old mjolnir forums. we had to upgrade servers because the other one was out of space, and we just decided to do the 405th thing.

Once we get things going, the mjolnir armor stuff will go back to the "how to make" "noob" forums, and the 405th will become a members/finished armor only site.

I think we need to wait until REALLY good armor is finished, we have more weapons, completed suits, marines etc before we make an attempt at going official.

Unfortunately, pepakura will have to stay at the "noob" forums. Using pep as a base to mold stuff will not though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back