Soul Caliber Iv

Status
Not open for further replies.
As pretty much everybody knows, Soul Caliber IV came out on tuesday, and this is my response to it:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: AMAZING!!!!!!!!!
The Gameplay is Awesome. So are the Graphics, Costumes, and Weapons. This game has Got me thinking of Making Swords from it. If you agree, or want to review it, Please Post! :) .

I got it for the ps3, and installed it to my HDD, it loads super fast on the hard drive, it takes like a minute to load a stage on story mode without the install.

I've unlocked all characters so far already, even made some custom ones like al gore, a japanese school girl, and kane from command and conquer series, etc.

All I have left to unlock is items, weapons, and maybe stages, not sure if there are any more.

Anyone else think the apprentice on normal level was hard as heck on arcade? It took me several tries to beat him!

Online play is also very good, I win and lose alot, half win, half lose. Got around 80k gold right now.

I love Soul Caliber IV, the plethora of items and weapons is incredible and love the fact that you can customize or create your own character. I haven't yet tried out the Live because i've been trying to get all the characters, items and weapons. My current best character is Amy, what is yours?

My best are probably Cassandra and amy, I dont play much as amy, but I have a custom character with the amy class, 100% same moves. Magical girl rocks!

The one thing I was sad though, you cant make a light saber class, there is a class for all characters but sith/jedi. I wanted to make luke skywalker :(

I've unlocked nearly everything. Here's the List of weapons I want to build so far:

Iron Paddle
Soul Edge
Faust
Etc.

I also want to make Soul Caliber, but man that thing looks impossible to build!

I think the stories and movie scenes were cooler in 3 though, you had to press buttons for different outcomes and how good the ending would be. It made the game more challenging, plus, the story mode for characters was alot longer and more in depth. The endings in number 4 are alright, some are good, some just suck. But I think there is more good additions than bad in sc4 compared to previous games.

I'm thinking about getting SC4, but is it one of those Ninja-Gaidenesque gory games?

I, personally, think too much blood in video games is a bad thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
No blood in sc4, not one drip :\

Ninja gaiden is a run around free roam gore action game, sc4 is alot better. I think though to really understand the story, you gotta play from sc2 or sc3.

AoBfrost said:

Ninja gaiden is a run around free roam gore action game, sc4 is alot better. I think though to really understand the story, you gotta play from sc2 or sc3.

I'll buy it, I guess (I have $100+ Gamestop credit :) ), but I'd rather get the story first, so...

Yeah. I'll go with 2, 3, then 4.

P.S- Why are Vader/Yoda in the game?

Yoda is in the 360 version, I got vader, but they will be adding both characters to the Playstation store, and live market place so you can get both vader and yoda in the games.

Basically, vader/yoda find a strong presence in another dimension, they go through a portal to earth to hunt for the presence which is the soul edge/calibur. I think the apprentice is cooler though, he can do freakin sith lightening moves from across the map. I always take 1/4th of a person's life off at the start of a online match that way.

I love SC2 and as with any fighting game, I always pick the cute characters :D
I play with Cassandra because she's cute as a button, and Ivy because sometimes I just feel like getting a spanking. But I'm good with her as well.
Now if i just want to trash an opponent, Astaroth is the man.. Or, the kid. He's only what, 7 years old..

I always play as amy or cassandra, I know their moves fully and the best. I still rotate and play as other characters, but I dont know too much about their moves.

Soul calibur 3 was the best story wise, I'm also glad they brought back sc3 uniforms and character creation parts for download, only 1.50!

AoBfrost said:

i have it it is so much blood, but awesome, way to gory for kids that aren't good with blood

I have to say my two favorite characters are Kilik and Yoshimitsu. I used to fight my brother in soul calibur 3 who played as him so when i started playing with him on SCIV i pretty much knew all his moves straight away. Yoshimitsu just has so many unorthodox moves, he's awesome :D, not to mention the fact that his grab moves tend to do more damage than most.
Anyone else think its a little gay that Yoda is immune to nearly all throw attacks?

JoobiDoob said:
I have to say my two favorite characters are Kilik and Yoshimitsu. I used to fight my brother in soul calibur 3 who played as him so when i started playing with him on SCIV i pretty much knew all his moves straight away. Yoshimitsu just has so many unorthodox moves, he's awesome :D, not to mention the fact that his grab moves tend to do more damage than most.
Anyone else think its a little gay that Yoda is immune to nearly all throw attacks?
meh the first one was the best soulblade not soulcalaber

"welcome to the stage of history"

I unlocked the kittymeow costume, now I put every girl character into them as a third costume, very funny to play as, it's a giant cat mascot like costume you'd see on baseball or basketball fields. Cant find a picture online, but kittymeow amy rox.

AoBfrost said:
I unlocked the kittymeow costume, now I put every girl character into them as a third costume,

Now i must have the game!!!

It's funny, the arms, legs and body can all have heavy armor under neath to add to health, then ontop a kitty costume, and it all counts as one piece besides the head. I put amy and cassandra in one, nothing else under neath, funny when the cat costume breaks off from being too ripped up, you see this skinny girl running and fighting with a giant cat head.

Hey, I don't know if it is normal or anything, but does anybody have one square in their character select screen that doesn't have a character. I'm pretty dam sure I unlocked everybody, but I still have this one box unclaimed. Anybody got a clue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back