Soullesssin's Armor Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another new update. I rondo'd my whole helmet and started to sand sections of it. And last weekend I had time to put together FS new torso. Took me two whole days but I got it :D

DSC04807.jpg

DSC04808.jpg

DSC04809.jpg

DSC04812.jpg

DSC04810.jpg

DSC04811.jpg

That looks dam amazing Soul, Good job on the rondon, i tried a lid with bondo... didn't go great. I'm redoing it with bondo again and spot putty just being real patient. You going to rondo your chest piece?? Im love ing the torso, reminds me i need to build mine eek!

I've been busy lately but ever since spring break rolled around, I have gotten a lot done on my armor, especially my helmet. I sanded the rondo on what I could get done, then I laid a nice layer of grey primer. Now I can see other kinks in my helmet that I cannot. Now all i gotta do is some touch up here and there and more bondo/rondo? Well here are some teaser pics, but i hope to get this done at least by Easter? Oh well... Any comments or criticism is accepted. I like to hear what you guys think :D

I came a long way from my first helm to my second. So right now I am actually happy about this one.

DSC04813.jpg

DSC04814.jpg

DSC04815.jpg

DSC04816.jpg

DSC04817.jpg

DSC04818.jpg

DSC04819.jpg

DSC04820.jpg

DSC04821.jpg

DSC04822.jpg

DSC04823.jpg

DSC04824.jpg

@box o crayons

I'll finish up the back by tomorrow and hopefully whenever I get to go to Home Depot, I get to pick out my specific shade of grey I've always imagined having on my helm

Nice job on the helmet. I really like the way the rondo covered the edges of the floating face details on the back of the neck. It looks like the entire thing was molded as one piece. Even though I resined over the ones on my helmet, they still look like they were just "stuck on".
Keep up the good work!

@JoeyCoz

Yeah I was surprised how well the rondo went over the details. Right now I am working on the brim of the helm and sanding around the details to kinda dig it out. I'll post up a new pic by tomorrow along with a nice painted side for just the hell of it.

I think i have an issue at hand. My torso that I made may be a bit too small. I am at 5'8" and my chest size is between a 36-38. The scale of the torso is H400mm W381mm D373mm a simpler scale is down below.
H15.74 inches
W15 inches
D14.7 inches

Not sure if anyone could really help me from just that but I would post a pic with it on but I am in the middle of glassing it. Btw it is FS New Torso. Thanks in advanced if anyone could help.

Within the passed week or two, I re-taught myself how to use autocad. I made a template for and AR. I plan to build it out of solid wood and will see how that will go.

MA5C.jpg

EDIT: Re posted pic

@box o crayons

I'm thinking about battle damages but I feel like it would be nice to have it all perfect and neat... but seeing how it's armor and it needs to have battle damage. I may as well go with it haha.

@BobvDijk

I doubt I'll mold. The reason being is that I do not know how and do not know where to start :eek:

@centerside

LOL hey come take my pics for me :D
Thanks I hope my chest grows with me.

I edit my post and changed the pic on #52

Ok so big update and very pic heavy!!!!!! I added more fiberglass to my chest and it's nearly done. Just need to get the nooks and crannys that are hard to get. I put a layer of rondo on my right bicep and resined my shins inside and out along with the ab plate. I'll start glassing them by this weekend and hopefully find a nice piece of wood for my AR project. All I did was make it in from AutoCad and export to a pdf so it can be printed off a 44x34 in paper. Which is pretty damn huge lol. The AR itself is about 33 1/2 " long not including the barrel. I'll post a new topic on it in the right section when I get to it.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I made a website in which has all the armor pep files that I am currently using. It's pretty easy to figure out where they are. I only made this for you guys on the 405th in case you cannot find it or broken links on other threads. I hope it helps and credits are on the page. It's also on my forum sig too. Site Here

DSC_6842-1.jpg

DSC_6840.jpg

DSC_6838.jpg

DSC_6834.jpg

DSC_6835.jpg

DSC_6846.jpg

DSC_6851.jpg

DSC_6853.jpg

DSC_6852.jpg

@pooper

Thanks and I was looking at your armor and it came out really nice for it being the hot glue method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back