Soullesssin's Armor Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
The torso/chest is looking good so far soulless.

and Crap! the hole that the drill made to your helmet... that really sucks sour monkey @$$. I would have been pissed.
Glad to hear that you can repair it. :)

Man, that hole on the side must have hurt... hehe :D, well, nothing is un repairable lol

Very nice work, as usual Soulless :D I absolutely adore you bondo (rondo) work, :D lllks so clean smooth and nice enough to eat (lol)

Can you give a young aspiring armor builder some glassing tips? because your work in fiberglassing is so perfect?

@Centerside

Hmmm I think I can. I've been meaning to make my own tut too. Well what piece are you glassing?

SoullessSin said:
centerside

Hmmm I think I can. I've been meaning to make my own tut too. Well what piece are you glassing?

Well, I have my calves peices, If I have enough resin I can fiberglass at least one calf, and I guess that's the peice I'm going to be working on...

Last edited by a moderator:
Another update! Rondo'd more of the chest. It is close to being done too :D
DSC04875.jpg

DSC04876.jpg

DSC04877.jpg

DSC04878.jpg

DSC04879.jpg

DSC04880.jpg

I assume you'll be sanding down the rondo'd sections once the whole piece has been covered? I only ask because it looks like a lot of the details are getting rounded off to the point where it looks like it's been vacuum formed.

@Protonguy

Yeah I am sanding the whole thing down with my mouse sander with a 120 and 200 grit. Then I will do 300 and 600 by hand.

@Crayons

Yeah I'll mask it off and rondo it in sections. I could post up some pics that will make your heads scratch on how weird looking the torso is when i mask it off.

Man, you're moving at a pretty good speed... looking good man! :) Wish I could finish my torso in two days.

Lol alright. I think i heard of using painters tape (blue one) but it is way too expensive for use like this. Hmmm I thought I had some but just a few. I wonder... If I should make a updated Rondo tut too :p
DSC_8467.jpg

After a while of using rondo I kinda developed my own way of taping it off and etc beside holding it in on the helmet.
DSC04785.jpg

DSC04780.jpg

@Pooper

Woah I didn't see your post there. I am moving pretty fast. Usually I keep myself from updating everyday :p

@Crayons

Haha your question makes me want to make a rondo tut :D
Well first off, you need to mix the resin and bondo at a 1:1 ratio
Then you can add the cream hardener or liquid hardener
I prefer the cream hardener since you can measure it but the reddnes it'll make.
I'd say experiment with very small batches so you can get use to it, otherwise I should get started on a updated rondo tut.

@Centerside

Lol thanks? Cause my helm is already done :D
It's ok you got all the time in the world to try my tut

It's been a while sine I updated since I had a statewide testing at school -.- though I did manage to have time to start peping things in class with all the free time I had :D I'll just give you guys a verbal update. Right now I rondo'd more parts of my chest and started a secret project.

AND Pooper made me spend $65. Curse him :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back