South Uk Based Master Chief Clay Sculpt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chief had his first outing at the Leicester Space Center on Saturday :) Really happy with how it all went. As im wearing it, I hadnt really seen the costume till I saw the photos from yesterday... I have to say. Im really pleased how how it looks. The size, bulk, proportions all work really well, everyone kept commenting on how tall, large I was... exactly what Chief should be! Larger than life.

As this was the first time I had worn the full suit at once a few parts needed to be mended throughout the day, mainly how the undersuit sits. Overall though it wore very very well! A few parts didnt stay exacrly in place... the toe for one lol it just wouldnt stay straight :) Ive already devised a better method for attaching the toe/foot so ill impliment that for next time.

The arse plate did sag over the course of the day. We will add the same strapping method as we have done for the cod. Should prevent the gaps on the cod/belt boxes you can see in the pics.

All to be expected really, I hope to make a few modifications for Memorabilia in 2 weeks. Of course, theres going to be on going changes for months but ill do what I can in the next 2 weeks.

I also hope to make some additions aswell as modifications in time for Mem, add some cross mesh on the stomach / back amoungst others. Its a shame, you cant make out the undersuit detail in these pics. Ill try to get some closer up photos next time I put it on. Anywho, pictures... taken with my fellow UKG stars :)

NSC1.jpg

NSC2.jpg

NSC3.jpg

NSC4.jpg

NSC5.jpg

NSC7.jpg

NSC8.jpg

edit... Youtube Vid

Ill continue to update this thread with improvements, updates... troop photos etc when I make then / when I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the only thing its missing to be as good or BETTER than 343's suits is the under armor..thats it. Even the noble 6 suit looks "plastic-y" that they have. Otherwise its perfect!!

And necromongers!! awesome

Very nice work! i love the pic with you and the clone troopers! also enjoyed the plaster-pants pic toward the begining lol. looking forward to seeing more of your work!

this is truly a wonderful build!!! one enquiry though, how did you manage the body cast, of your torso with the plaster? it would be fantastic if you could explain it to me

Sevv, firstly I want to say that your suit looks brilliant. Secondly, I would really like to know how much silicone you got through in the end.

Looks spectacular! My only comment is it looks a bit pristine... but it''s really a matter of taste. I like to have armor look really dirty. Anyway, love it!

... just have to add... offically though, hes finished :D horray lol
Sevv, You look like you weigh at LEAST a metric tonne. Jeez good job you pulled off the look.

I was thinking about your pics last night at work and I thought about how TRAGIC it is that the people you posed with have NO CLUE as to the effrot you put into this slam-dunk of a costume. tear..

I mean I put about a hundred dollars and months of work into a General Lando Clarissian costume and was a little dismayed at how little curiosity people exhibited while admiring my outfit when I went to the NYcomic-con.

Is it me?

I know the only one that needs to be happy with the costume is the builder and Dr. Henry Jones was a spot on dead ringer for his movie counter-part...but still, like many 405th members you built what I consider to be a sci-fi masterpiece. A tweed jacket and a London Fog hat does not a costume make.

Is it wrong to wish for someone to fawn over the attention to detail and the effort put into what you've toiled so long and hard to achieve?

I'm a little embarassed to admit it but I liked the attention my costume got.

Thanks everyone, sorry for the lack of replies... no excuse really lol. Just been enjoying not thinking about MC for a while :)

Thank you all, im really glad you all like our work. Its so brilliant to see it finished. A good friend of mine wore it a few weeks ago at Memorabilia, NEC, Birmingham, UK so I finally got to see it complete. Wow, I was really impressed to see it on someone as being the person inside it since day 1... I havent seen the full effect.

Heres a video from that event :D

How much silicone did we use? dread to think lol :D Probably 3 and a half 21kg tubes of the stuff, thats what really made making the master an expensive process.

I believe ive already explained the body casting process... hmmm not sure. Pretty simple really. wear thermals, skin hugging. Wrap cling film around yourself, then vaseline. Layer the bandages on the front half, double layer. Wait to dry. Vaseline a good inch join line, then do the same for the back half. Double layer, wait to dry. Depending on the body part you are moulding use some wooden lengths to strength. Wait around for about an hr till its dry, or as long as you can stand standing perfectly still lol. Very carefully remove the dried shells. Once dry, vaseline and fiberglass each half... pull and join together.

It should work :)

Yeah Boba Fett it does look pretty new, over time I would like to amend that... or make another set thats really battle worn. So I can choose depending on the troop :)

Haha a metric ton yes... definatly feel like that in costume. Well yes thats normally the case with these projects isnt it. No one knows how much effect does go into them, you do hear some brilliant comments from passers on that subject. It definatly is rewarding when you do get such fantastic feedback from the public though. At Mem a few weeks ago, photos every second, people commenting on my size and presence. Loving the details... the look on kids, and lets be fair... parents faces. It really is priceless and definatly makes it worth while.
Having a big break from Chief now, over Christmas. I think we deserve it :) We are going to do a UKG run of the costume starting late Jan then move onto offering it outside the Garrison.

Im still working on my Assault Rifle, its looking really nice! ive got a stinking cold at the moment so all work, generally has stopped :) Any tweaks / changes / new weapons etc ill post pics when I take them. Hopefully by this time next year we will have a squad.

Jon

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back