Space marine and dragon born... OUT OF FOAM! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

golem95

hey guys! just wanted to share what i recently completed, made them as little christmas holiday projects to be given away as presents! :)

im just doing the helmets, did this to get some experience in finishing foam pieces before i get around to finishing my n7 armor :p the weathering on the space marine is a bit... ehh, the clear coat i was using was meant to be flat clear but for some reason in some areas it became white instead of clear.... :confused anyways i hope it just passes off as general wear :p

PICS!

740943_448968251823457_169470712_o.jpg

737044_448968158490133_1055316485_o.jpg

oh btw for bigger photos and for build photos check out my facebook page, too many photos to post up here haha

Very nicely done. It took me a minute to try and find where the heck you had your seams. Great job covering those up!! Did you use the silicone trick or some other method? Did you use rub and buff for the silver on the Skyrim helm? Your friends should be well pleased with their presents.

Very nicely done. It took me a minute to try and find where the heck you had your seams. Great job covering those up!! Did you use the silicone trick or some other method? Did you use rub and buff for the silver on the Skyrim helm? Your friends should be well pleased with their presents.

im guessing youre talking about the dragon born helmet? :p yeah i tried to make the seams blend in with the battle damage, i didnt use any trick really, i just glued carefully! but there is a trick i use... if a glued part was a bit sloppy i would heat up the excess peaking through the seam with the tip of my glue gun and i would lick my finger and smooth over the glue. licking your finger allows you to touch the glue without it sticking to you and smoothing it over got rid of knobbly excess and filled in the seam a bit! other than that i just did what everyone else does plasti dip and PVA glue coatings, although i did do a fair amount of both coatings to help cover the seams :p and for the silver no! i just used regular silver paint, waited for it to fully dry then took an old rag dipped it in black acrylic paint and went to town rubbing that thing down! the texture of the plasti dip coat i did actually helped haha, im new to plasti dip so there were minute holes on the surface but that really just helped make it look more like corroded metal! :)

superb foam work

thanks man! so happy with them :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back