Spartan 4 foam armor build (PIC HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly can't imagine how this is possible, my foam projects always end up in the trash bin.. I know this thread is full of questions but I don't think anyone has asked this yet: how do you go about cutting your foam? you have some pieces that are very neat, yet what i would consider impossibly small. there's no way you could cut that out with an exacto knife.. right?

I honestly can't imagine how this is possible, my foam projects always end up in the trash bin.. I know this thread is full of questions but I don't think anyone has asked this yet: how do you go about cutting your foam? you have some pieces that are very neat, yet what i would consider impossibly small. there's no way you could cut that out with an exacto knife.. right?

Probably using a hot knife = a wood burner or soldering iron with a blade attachment, or at least that's what I figured.

-Seth

Probably using a hot knife = a wood burner or soldering iron with a blade attachment, or at least that's what I figured.

Hot knife may work, never tried. I'm afraid it may melt some of the foam if you are not careful because foam has low melting point.

To get a clean cut is quite simple. All you need is a good sharp utility knife, and a knife sharpener. Foam can blunt the knife just a few cuts. Run the knife over the sharpening stone every few cuts.

Check out my first foam tutorial video on my YouTube channel. I got 16 thousand hits on that video and I received quite a few positive feedback. Hope that helps.

How did I miss this thread?! *smacks head*

Unfrigginbelievable build fsracer!

I've be searching for the "bubble effect" undersuit and think your ingenius might be the way to go (although, around the shoulders / elbows / knees I'm not sure if the foam would take the amount of flexing and punishment) and then coat it in plasti-dip.

Sry for necro did't look at the poste over Cskippro. Who seems to necro some more threads.

amazing. i just came across this on my searches.. i am wondering how many EVA foam mats did you need for this build?
i need to make a spartan suit and looks like a marine suit
any help would be great...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back