Spartan Laser Scaling And Such

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironman012

I've been wanting to start a project that hasn't been done my many people, and I've decided to stick with the Spartan Laser. I quickly found that it's next to impossible to find a good detailed schematic of the weapon, and a proper scaling size. If anyone has access to or knows where I might be able to find a nice side-view, top view, etc... of the SL, please let me know! Also, I need to know the specs on the size of an SL for a six-foot person.
Thanks!

Well, that depends on the method you're using to build the Spaser. If you're willing to go the pep route, there is a file in the 405th wiki. If you want to do some other method, but still need the schematics, the pep file can easily be used to get the dimensions and basic views. So, whatever the case, you may want to look in the wiki.

Hehe... Spaser. Well, Spase would love that.\

Also, off the wiki:
Length (o/a): 98.7cm (38.8).

So, if you put that into Pep's scaling thing (2Dwindow, Scale, specify scale, input for length), then you should have about the MC's scale.

But that makes it over 3 feet long, so you might wanna scale it down a little.

wikia has the perfect file for it. if you google halo wikia then there should be a a site that can tell u a perfect measurements of a splazer. Good luck on the build

the Pepakura files can tell you the exact cubic length height and width (as in, what is the tightest box it could fit in?) that might give you a start. I would just like to put it out there that the Pepakura spartan laser is next to impossible to build unless you are an expert.

I've been working on mine for about a week now and I have the bottom-most portion done for the whole length. I can say that the pep version is definitely not too big. I expected it to be bigger actually. And i believe the length of that one is near spot on to the dimensions given in the wiki.

I'm actually team-building this with user Darthcailbar, so hopefully we'll have good results! Thanks for the Wikia link- We've decided to make it in two pieces-top and bottom. We traced the bottom out on some mdf, and are about to cut it out. It looks like we're going to build up layer of fiberglass or thin plastic to make the raised areas. Does anyone know of commercially-available thin plastic? (1/8'' to 1/4'' would be optimal) 'For Sale' signs are about all I know of to raise an area.
Thanks! :D

Does anyone know of commercially-available thin plastic? (1/8'' to 1/4'' would be optimal)
Believe it or not, I actually do! If you want it 1/8 - 1/4 an inch, you might want to go to this site. On this page of their site, they have many different types of plastic "board" that come in many thicknesses. I was going to place an order for some 1/8" pvc sheeting myself, but I decided to go to Lowes and see what they had instead. I wound up getting some acryllic sheeting, and some lexan at lowes in very odd thicknesses. It's working fine for me now, but if you want good plastic, I would really suggest buying pvc sheeting from that site. Pvc is very strong, and a 1/8" sheet could work very well for a variety of tasks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everybody, Sorry there aren't any pictures yet. We should have some up pretty soon, but for now here's the blueprint I made for the build. I traced this in Paint.Net over a screenshot of the laser. If anyone wants to use it, print it out at 450%.

SpartanLaserBlueprint-1.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v648/pkm...Blueprint-1.jpg

The details on this aren't drawn with the intention of using them for dimensions, the only thing I really spent time on was the outline and the line seperating the bottom black section from the top green section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back