SPARTANS - WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im just a lowly Security guard for a local golf and country club, boring but it gets the bills paid

Before I was a manager of a Gamestop but my store got closed down when the merger with Eb games became official seeing as there was 2 EB games in the town I worked in...one being right across the street from my store.

im a "digital visuialisation artist". sounds fancey doesnt it? its not. if someone want to see how there product looks before its made they come to us and we make a cg version of it and send it back to em. we set up fancey smanchy dvds for them too so they can sell there ideas to big companys and make more money then us. :(

also it mainy involves building houses/apparment blocks. bleh

oh and ive got a degree in 'model making for film and media' and a higher degree in 'production design for film, television and stage' so that helps.

Customer Support Technician.

Basically, over the phone PC tech support for a smaller, Alabama based ISP.

It's quite possibly the worst job I've ever had. By trade I'm a PC Technician though, been doin it since I got out of high school (heck, even during high school as a job). I sure wish I could do something more fun though, more interesting. I'd love to do the whole propmaking thing, I think it's fantastic. Right now current plans are just police officer however.

Never did get to college so my options are small :( All this intelligence in my braincase and no one who wants to make use of it because I dont have a degree.

I know this is an older thread, but it seems interesting. This is quite an ecclectic group.

I'm a Professional Entropy Reversal Agent. At least that's what I'd like my title to be. My employer calls me a Network Engineer. I provide technical support for fiber optic comunications systems for a major telecomunications company. That's my profession, I've been doing it for 10 years.

One summer during college I had a job as a video game attendant. I worked the early shift and there were never too many people there. I spent the whole time troubleshooting and repairing the video games (while being paid minimum wage). I wasn't techncially allowed to play the games, but I could test a fix. Anyhow at the end of the summer the manager told me it was the only time he had seen all the games in the place working at once.

I've done PC tech support, Data entry, landscaping, food service, etc... It's nice to have done them, it builds character.

Andy

Graphic Art director/Graphic Designer

Making armor is just kinna one of those have to things for the Art ppl isn't it?

I missed this'n too XD
Here's my profession(s):

Jeskid Productions: Full Time Digital Artist
Animator/Character Designer/Illustrator/Pre-Press Design

Viacom: Freelance Digital Artist
Motion graphics/Graphic Design/Pre-Press

I used to be a Full-time 3D artist as well, it paid poop, so that's why I moved to NYC and started doing TV and Movie work :D I gotmy BFA in Animation/3D modeling :) FS you're modeling is H-O-T!!

Skullcandy Girl said:
I missed this'n too XD
Here's my profession(s):

Jeskid Productions: Full Time Digital Artist
Animator/Character Designer/Illustrator/Pre-Press Design

Viacom: Freelance Digital Artist
Motion graphics/Graphic Design/Pre-Press

I used to be a Full-time 3D artist as well, it paid poop, so that's why I moved to NYC and started doing TV and Movie work :D I gotmy BFA in Animation/3D modeling :) FS you're modeling is H-O-T!!

Show Off! LOL
:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap. I thought this thread was dead. On another note though, I just got a $1.50 raise :D

I work as a professional procrastinator

Basically, it's my job to sit around on the couch all day and play video games when there is work to be done, I know I'm doing my job well too, as my armor still isn't done :whistle:

BTW Skullcandy girl, that pic in your avatar, did you draw that? Because that's some professional stuff right there. You should go work for some high-tech japanese anime company and draw boobs all day for lazy bastards like me :lol:

I am a Master Chief Impersonater.... just like a Maralyn Monroe Impersonator except im cooler cause i get to where beast armor and kill aliens!

Haha, i work at a gamestop part time cause i love video games, and since im going to college next year i dont have a real fancy job or nothing but i work at the only sports store in my town... small town. But its a pretty sweet job since my boss is like 50 but acts like he's a horny 20 year old. Haha.

CMANavy said:
Merchant Marine Officer, 3rd/2nd Officer, I drive ships and I am two spots away from Captain.

Ha! Me too. You went to the Carquinez Men's Asylum then? I'm a Fort Schuyler grad myself.

PillowFire said:
I work as a professional procrastinator

Basically, it's my job to sit around on the couch all day and play video games when there is work to be done, I know I'm doing my job well too, as my armor still isn't done :whistle:

BTW Skullcandy girl, that pic in your avatar, did you draw that? Because that's some professional stuff right there. You should go work for some high-tech japanese anime company and draw boobs all day for lazy bastards like me :lol:

Hahahahahahaha oh snap Pillow HAHAHHAHAH, I used to be one of those :D! Yeah I drew my avatar for the movie I've been working on called Drawn by Pain. Haha it's the also the back of my buisness card.

Well I guess Boobs go with Buttz, THOUGH I will draw hot men buttz and pecs to off set it. Dunno if the Nihon-go-ga Animators will hire an American-jin, Gai-jin to help animate hehehe.

Skullcandy Girl said:
Yeah I drew my avatar for the movie I've been working on called Drawn by Pain. Haha it's the also the back of my buisness card.
Your avatar reminds of a character in Fushigi Yuugi. IIRC, her name was Soi. :lol:

Skullcandy Girl said:
Slave I bet you STINK!! j/k you know I kid, I kid. :D You guys make great stuff :)

...man and I just took a shower, oh wait a minute you mean my prop skillz...ah-hahahaha!!!...now my feelings are all hurt, I am now crushed :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back