SPARTANS - WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work in automation,

not exactly lik building r2d2s and robots,

but pretty freakin close.

Nice having a job that can pay for things.

Especially thing si Don't need :whistle:

drgon47 said:
Where do you guys work at ? How long ?
I work at a machine shop. Been there about 3 years now. Its quite a bit of fun to be honest...

I'm in the Army, been doing it for 5 years now and I'm ready for a change.

Last edited by a moderator:
preskewl said:
I'm a Technical Support Analyst for a large corporate office in Seattle.. Yeah, I'm a computer geek!! :lol:

Computer Geeks Unite!

00110100 00110000 00110101 01110100 01101000 00100000 01010010 01101111 01100011 01101011 01110011 00100001

Started as TSA. Now Net Admin for a international corporation based in Southern California.

I write programs for a CNC where I work (Yes another computer geek!) I also have my Real Estate License!

I'm currently a freelance character and environment artist in the game industry. (I make the stuff you guys play :p)

Right now I'm in the process of finding a good on site job. so if anyone knows someone that knows someone at a good studio. lemme know ;)

mikeattack said:
00110100 00110000 00110101 01110100 01101000 00100000 01010010 01101111 01100011 01101011 01110011 00100001

"405th Rocks!" ;D

---------------------

I work as an Interactive & Graphic Designer for an Industrial Company.

:devil:
-Vex

I work in Pipeline Construction as a Purchasing Agent, Shipping & Receiving, Haz Mat Co-ordination.
I've been a Real Estate Agent (until the market sucked under), International and Domestic Sales for a Toy Company, making action figures. About the same time I was a Assistant Karate Instructor. Shorin Ryu.

True story- back before Halo 1 was released, I had a call from a gal who worked at Microsoft. One of their employees loved our stuff and had our figures all over his cubicle. They wanted us to put together a presentation and prototype figures. I looked into the backstory of Halo and the Covenant, communicated several times with her, and got shot down by the higher ups in our company. "Video Game Toys Never Sell"

A year later, Halo1 was game of the year, selling mega quanities and our company was headed for Chapter 11... :rolleyes

I've been involved in costuming for several years now, arranging Boba Fett Gear for Fett enthusiasts. I've also quite active in Colonial Marines trooping. A part time actor, I had a role in the Colonial Marines fan film "Dropzone Copernicus". It was filmed in front of a blue screen and of course, will have CG. Currently in post production.

I've nearly completed a 41st Elite Clonetrooper. Have a box full of Republic Commando armor waiting on me, need to finish my own ESB Fett, another custom Mando. Have a Endor Commando, and will probably be a Ghostbuster for Halloween.

And, I know Chris Barlett. :cool: I was laughing uproariously when he was telling me the story. :D

@ Ronin

What type of CNC machines specifically. I personally manage a B12 CNC and what we call the "Slant Bed" A big old machine. We also have some CNC Turret machines.

Spartan-328 said:
I'm in the Army, been doing it for 5 years now and I'm ready for a change.

What's your MOS? I'm hoping to qualify for 18A SF. Looking forward to those H.A.L.O. jumps.

Quite funnily I am working in the Army (spanish one) So I get to dress green and mean pretty much every day. And to shoot guns and all. Though most of the time I am locked up inside the base´s main itelligence office (ONI anyone lolz) with my Master Sargeant.

Seriously this is no bull poo!

Pretty good work though sometimes very slow (whenever you do guard duty ex.) And sometimes mayor kick-bum (when you´re out doing trainings missions along with the airforce that keeps flying 20 meters over your head just to show off how good they are). So yeah, I can prouldy say I am close to being a spartan (though first I´ll have to drug the poo out of my body to fisically resemble one lolz!).

And you guys? Any More soldier boys out there? (btw no I am not homo sexual, got a gay friend, but just a friend!!).

Tk.

I'm currently a full time student working on my bachelors in computer science. I work for a relay center. Basically I make phone calls for deaf people.

SOLDIER...(sorry, couldn't resist)

I'm in project engineering for a NASA contractor here in Houston at Johnson Space Center (my office is actually off-site now). Spent the better part of the 90's at Louisiana Tech studying BioMed Engineering (Optimusaint, my brick is on the walk). Been puttin' stuff up on the ISS for the better part of this decade. The longer I work here the further away I get from the fun hands-on stuff that I got into engineering for...more and more paper pushing.

-dwoo

Only 14 years old, so no work.

I do have experience with:

-3ds Max
-Photoshop CS 2
-Flash (a bit)
-Hammer (Mapping program for HL2)
-Drawing

And I'm a part-time pepakura maker.

And ofcourse a little bit Spartan ;)

I work for the Boston Globe just got a promotion too.

My passion is car audio and instalation. But its not practical for a day job and the news paper industry is going down the tubes so i wanna go back to school for IT or something

I'm just turned 15 a few weekends ago, oddly enough being poor, I live in a home estimated 800,000 dollars, pretty good I say.

I'm in an aviation high school, gonna get a pilot's license when I grad from it.

My personal experience is immense in "UnrealEd" pretty much a wireframe version of Unreal Tournament 2004, with the possiblity of editing core files so you really gotta be careful with it.
I also:
>Mix Music (Track it - I take tracks of and parts of songs, mix them, and speed up/slow down/morph to make it sound better)
>Code (Currently into Visual Basic 6, hoping to evolve to C++)
>Dream (Yeah, I have some weird dreams... I love getting lost in my own dreams)
>Design (I am a concept artist, I draw a lot of pictures)
>Write (I am in the process of writing a story, three parts. In the future I want to write so fanfics)

But, due to my monetary stature, there's no way I can make anything/buy armor, so I'm stuck enjoying the wonderful appearance of good suits such as Link's, Adam's, Sean's, and BlueRealms etc.

Man I would die for an opportunity like that.

Mines not the greatest but a jobs a job and I dont mind it. I work at Wayside Inn as a dishwasher and prep cook on the side, and I have been there almost 2 years now. I have seen so many people come and go there that I have lost track of how many!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back