Spase Molded Helms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I only slept through my alarm this morning 4 hours... "something with the power"... the guys in my office took all my stuff and put it in a box, and changed the name plate on my office... comedians... to my credit I was at work yesterday till 8:30 though... Salary, it all evens out right..

Silicone set up great, and it looks like it will pull easily from the helm... Its so thick though, almost an inch and half in some places.... not even sure it would need the mold jacket lol.. it will really, its still flexible even though its thick... it made my helm weigh like 15 pounds though... redic... probably make my first pull tomorrow while I am in Austin... we will see..

Spase said:
Well, I only slept through my alarm this morning 4 hours... "something with the power"... the guys in my office took all my stuff and put it in a box, and changed the name plate on my office... comedians... to my credit I was at work yesterday till 8:30 though... Salary, it all evens out right..

Silicone set up great, and it looks like it will pull easily from the helm... Its so thick though, almost an inch and half in some places.... not even sure it would need the mold jacket lol.. it will really, its still flexible even though its thick... it made my helm weigh like 15 pounds though... redic... probably make my first pull tomorrow while I am in Austin... we will see..

Wow! I have to say your helm is FANTASTIC! I hope the original is ok when you pull the silicone ect. off Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Darthcalibar said:
Ive been wanting to sculpt and mold a helmet for a while. If you successfully do this it will be a big inspiration to me and might be the thing that pushes me to go buy some clay. I cant wait to see your progress. Good luck and may the force be with you.

i'm right there with you man, but i've been more scared of wasting my money because my skills aren't up to parr.

I fear that alot of people will see that I did this and think its easy and try it... it was not easy, it was not cheap, and it requires some tools, modeling skills, and alot of patience...

But, I now am able to make pulls of my helm... go me... Pics on first post...

Spase said:
I will be in Austin for a few days, and I will be out of touch.. see you guys Sunday Night 10/28/07..

So... ummm, anyone that says making molds is easy, is a dirty, dirty, dirty liar.... this could drive a man to drink if you don't practice...

I read the directions, I watched to tutorials, I bought a book, I asked for advice... and didn't take into account the current time... This is not something you want to start, at 10:00 at night btw... cause its now 4AM and I am going to sleep... silcone done... Outershell tomorrow...

gallery_3819_91_15255.jpg

Molding this was not very easy, and the video do not prepare you for the difficulties that I encounterd... luckily for me I am good at everything I try (kidding) and my mold came out great.... the First pull is perfect... Go me!! $500, and about 80 work hours later and I have a helm thats great and a mold to match....

gallery_3819_91_21164.jpg

gallery_3819_91_48836.jpg

amazing

I'm really glad your pull came out so well Space. By the way, Xavier is right, you are now going to be asked to pull like 50 helms for various people because yours looks so amazing. The benefit is, depending on what you charge and how many people are buying, you could get a little ROI (return on investment, for those of you who don't know).

Good luck with your future pulls, sales (if you decide to sell them), and future plans.

Spase said:
I will be in Austin for a few days, and I will be out of touch.. see you guys Sunday Night 10/28/07..

So... ummm, anyone that says making molds is easy, is a dirty, dirty, dirty liar.... this could drive a man to drink if you don't practice...

I read the directions, I watched to tutorials, I bought a book, I asked for advice... and didn't take into account the current time... This is not something you want to start, at 10:00 at night btw... cause its now 4AM and I am going to sleep... silcone done... Outershell tomorrow...

gallery_3819_91_15255.jpg

Molding this was not very easy, and the video do not prepare you for the difficulties that I encounterd... luckily for me I am good at everything I try (kidding) and my mold came out great.... the First pull is perfect... Go me!! $500, and about 80 work hours later and I have a helm thats great and a mold to match....

gallery_3819_91_21164.jpg

gallery_3819_91_48836.jpg
That looks amazing. WOW! Can't wait to see it when its done. Lol I would buy it!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back