spike grenade wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

noble 1

my attempt at building a spike grenade. i dont know if this is the first one ever attempted but i am almost done with the pepping and will be resining soon.

now for pics,ignore the dates on the pics all pictures are taken on the day the post was made
100_6781.jpg

100_6778.jpg

100_6779.jpg

thanks. i hope to be finished pepping by lunch tomorrow. as for the books i wish they would release a new one:D

You and me both. Wish they'd stick to the story, also. The writers need to get together, stick to a story, and learn more about the military. ...but anyways...

That is an amazing pep job, Noble. Keep up the good work.
I have a question: Do you plan on fiberglassing it, or no? If so, how? Hardening weapons is the most difficult thing in pepakura......

@ sean
i do plan on hardening it and also painting it, how i haven't decided yet, also i have never even tried hardening any kind of pep work, anyway i will probably resin and bondo the outside and pumping expanding foam into the inside.

Very nice, let us know how the harding goes. After seeing the picture my 9 year old son wants 1 ( I'm sure he would find a way to make it explode).

@ kirshan
that would be sorta cool.

something else that i thought about was turning into a flashlight so it woulde actually have a purpose other than just looking awesome

progress update
done pepping, next phase is to resin. then either figure out a way to mount a flashlight in there or fill with foam. after that is paint, reference pics would be appreciated if anyone has them as my xbox is not running at the moment.

now for the pics
100_6786.jpg

100_6785.jpg

oh and the thing in the background is the crazy pug that tries to eat all my paper when im out of the room (she is only 2 months old)

Rondo would be the way to go. When you have rondo'd everything besides the end of the grenade, pour a little bit more rondo in and place some tape over the remaining whole. You will be able to peel it off once the rondo has dried.
You pep looks very symmetrical, good job. Grenades are at the end of my list of weapons to make, but when I do it, I am thinking about just doing a scratch build (especially for the spike grenade).

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Spike_gernade
There is a wiki page that hosts a few reference pictures.

Its a type of resin that a lot of people use on pep files. It dries really quick too. And if you find a starter kit with aqua resin online it shouldnd be that much. My friend found some for 20 bucks i think.

i just picked up a respirator today and as soon as get some resin and expanding foam i will start to harden this thing. (oh and i keep thinking that this thing could be satans microphone if he did karoke. )LOL

ok here is a short update

i have just finished resining the first half and some of the spikes have fallen off. i will be finishing the resin stage later. i will upload pics when the resin dries

Sorry to hear about the spikes. The paper model looks pretty good. Can't wait to see it done! Good work!

update!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

resinning complete. just need to harden the inside. pics will be uploaded later tonight

here it is
100_6821.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back