*SPOILERS* Halo 4 Ending *SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cortana made adjustments to his armor, and with this statement alone i think its possible she may have found a way to cheat death. The one theory i can think of is she copied key parts of herself that she left within his suits own computer core. She made it clear about the next cortana copy he may be given after she dies, and she was oddly determined to let herself die rather than her normal "Never give up" attitude. It could be that she may have these copied pieces of herself meld with the next copy, in affect giving her a new life. Like an old brain in a new body, the bulk of what she is was only information data, the rest will fall into the next copy. My crazy thoughts.

Makes sense.

So was this just a Cyborg,A.I. love story.And I am just tired of the whole Chief is the only one who can save the universe and happens to be the
best spartan... just because he is lucky,God forbidd a soilder has pure skill oh no luck just luck, don't know about you guys but that is pretty lame.

maybe its your opinion but if you read the books you can feel the pain and the loss of the people on each planet from the cov.
Thats what it makes intresting... chief is different... yes he has luck but thats the point... the only thing is that it will get lame if its always about him... the best game so far was reach ... just to see the other spartans and their story... each of em dieing ... i felt each death of them that game was the best so far as i said...
You are just right that its always about him... he should be rarely seen thats what would make him even more interesting... but thats just my opinion

okay so does this mean the cheif is going to have a squad of s-4 with him in halo 5, because it would be nice to have a halo reach feel to the campgian again, but like make it so only haft the squad die's and watch the cheif unfold into this more human then spartan look, hell just kill off kelly or linda, or halesy that would be great.

okay so does this mean the cheif is going to have a squad of s-4 with him in halo 5, because it would be nice to have a halo reach feel to the campgian again, but like make it so only haft the squad die's and watch the cheif unfold into this more human then spartan look, hell just kill off kelly or linda, or halesy that would be great.

Did i say the chief needs a squad? no just a story about the spartans who died in the books for example... or the spartans who survived the war but for what price ?

maybe its your opinion but if you read the books you can feel the pain and the loss of the people on each planet from the cov.
Thats what it makes intresting... chief is different... yes he has luck but thats the point... the only thing is that it will get lame if its always about him... the best game so far was reach ... just to see the other spartans and their story... each of em dieing ... i felt each death of them that game was the best so far as i said...
You are just right that its always about him... he should be rarely seen thats what would make him even more interesting... but thats just my opinion

yes it is and I don't see you you trying to dicreidit anyone else but I digress I was trying to be funny,I forgot to put in LOL or whatever
you kids do these days I understand that it was the lose of his only friend and what is a blood father?

This is the best Halo ever to me and, hopefully, I'm going to say the same with the 6th chapter.
About the armour is now pretty clear that 343 redesigned almost everything to do something more than animate the characters, after all they took over the Bungie work and it's a bit like a remake so they had to reshape something (markVI, cortana, and so on).
I might mistake but Lansky was supposed to be a bit taller and bigger and has the mole on the wrong cheek and that's explainable if you think that all those projects had been developed at the same time by different teams so, MS decided that Lansky had to have a mole on a cheek and in FUD they made it on the left one and in Halo4 they made it on the right one (I might be mistaking but it is an example).

In my opinion 343 did an amazing job with this game, the campaign could have used one or two more missions but regardless it had some closer as well as open up the series to another game. The "death" of Cortana was foreseeable and even if they had gotten back to Halsey i doubt there was much to be done. Was i the only one that felt nostalgic during the campaign at times? Some parts reminded me of Halo 2 and 3. Plus finally being able to fly a Pelican other than using a easter egg was awesome. As for the Multiplayer, big improvement from Reach. The ranking structure and loadout system is nice. The abilities are a lot better. My personal favorites are the hard light shield and thruster pack. I do not and probably never will understand why so many people were so butt-hurt and worried that 343 was gona make this into a COD like game. It's far from it in my opinion. It still feels like Halo and i'm looking forward for Halo 5.

My biggest compliant was the opening cut scenes. Obviously those were supposed to be flashbacks to the SPARTAN-IIs career fighting the Innies and Covenant. So, I’m a bit annoyed they were all wearing the new Halo 4 redesigned/upgraded Mark VI/VII. I suppose maybe they were trying to save money and not render an all new model for the older armor designs, but at the same time, we did have a Brute Chieftain featured in the cut-scene, and there were no Brutes in the game. So, they'd spend the money to either import a Halo 3 Brute model or render a new Brute model, but they won't do the old armor?

Seriously, it really feels like in the Halo Universe no previous armor design ever stick around without being retconned out of existence?

My biggest compliant was the opening cut scenes. Obviously those were supposed to be flashbacks to the SPARTAN-IIs career fighting the Innies and Covenant. So, I’m a bit annoyed they were all wearing the new Halo 4 redesigned/upgraded Mark VI/VII. I suppose maybe they were trying to save money and not render an all new model for the older armor designs, but at the same time, we did have a Brute Chieftain featured in the cut-scene, and there were no Brutes in the game. So, they'd spend the money to either import a Halo 3 Brute model or render a new Brute model, but they won't do the old armor?

Seriously, it really feels like in the Halo Universe no previous armor design ever stick around without being retconned out of existence?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. 343 better think that through next time.

Just my thoughts as to why they did it. They probably did it for the people who have never played any of the previous halos before. (I kind of put myself in the shoes of a person who has not played any of the halos before) If I saw the spartans in Mark V armor during the cut scene and then I see chief in some different armor I would think, what the heck, who am I? I don't know if that made any sense I could try to explain more if needed.

I also agree about the opening cut scenes. They could have done the older versions of the mark V and explained why the chief is in different armor and why we are still at war with the covenant.

Me personally, I thought the ending was good all around. I wish that they would have explained why they are still at war with the covenant. Maybe it's in the new halo book thursday war. But still...

I wish that they would have explained why they are still at war with the covenant.

It was explained in the game. Chief stated that he thought that humanity had a truce with the elites, Cortana then responds by answering that they were a rogue band of covenant. If i remember correctly it was stated some where that the covies you fight in Halo 4 where either Pirates or just a group too stupid to realize the Great Journey was a false hope.

It was explained in the game. Chief stated that he thought that humanity had a truce with the elites, Cortana then responds by answering that they were a rogue band of covenant.

Actually, all she said was "A lot can happen in four years." There was always distrust and uneasy feelings between the humans and the elites, so who knows what really happened. The fleet that was present at Requiem was too large to simply be a rogue faction. Also, there was a terminal on Requiem, second mission, Cortana analyzes and says that they Covenant have been circling around Requiem for over four years, trying to get in. It's possible that the elites found this and rejoined the Covenant, since the elites have always held Forerunner technology in a religious light, long before being influenced by the prophets. But like I said, who knows what really happened.

What I do love is that now that the Didact has been defeated, there are Covenant asylum seekers ON Earth (Episode one of Spartan-Ops).

The splinter faction is "The Storm", covenant just without the jiralhanae/brutes and san shayum/prophets...

last time I checked

Carpathia is right and, anyway, the space is pretty huge, a group of covenant, including elites, could have been allied with forerunners since the beginning. Plus, if I understood well what's reported by the Didact and what's stated in Halo Legends, forerunners have the tools to generate 'clones' of people of every race in the space. At a certain point Master Chief asks the Librarian if Prometheans where humans so, maybe, Didact or some forerunners created an army for their own purposes.

Actually the reason the covenant are there in the first place is alluded to in the book "The Thursday War". *(spoilers to follow)*

The book highlights the story of Sangheli Shipmaster Jul Vadame (or however you spell that) whom after escaping from a UNSC research facility via a forerunner portal finds himself on a sangheli colony that is still devout an believe the forerunners to be gods. His appearance through the forerunner portal makes the Sangheli believe him to be a profit, so for his own personal (in essence to get back at the humans) reasons Jul adopts this mantel and agrees to continue the holy war that the false prophets started. And the reason they are on requiem i believe is that while at the UNSC facility Jul stumbled upon coordinates for the planet among the forerunner buildings.

From what ive read so far. A few of you missed key developments. First of. Second level in the wreckage is an extract from doctor halsey. She openly admits that cortana deactivates her killcode and that the usual seven year period doesnt apply to cortana. Cortana is in the books made from flash clones of halseys brains. Twenty were made and only one was suitable. Halsey kept her busy by dedicating her to the forerunner ruins until john needed her. Cortana may or may not know she has a chance to live longer without madness. However what i believe drove her to madness was that she absorbed seemingly endless amounts of data over the period of a week and then nothing. It seems that the immense power cramming and then long periods of virtually no challenge drove her mad quicker.

Next point. The composer was operated usig a slip space field. Now we all know that this is what the didact fell into. What we dont know is how the forerunner armour works. What we do know is that level 12 is combat rated. The mk v mjolnir suit is the equivelant of a level 2 or basically a life support suit. We know this from halo 1. Now. What i think it would be safe to assume is that the didact wouldnt be using just a basic combat suit. Its safe to say hed be using a much higher level. Now with all this in mind, one more thing we dont know is how shielded these suits are. Johns mjolnir suit cant go in slipspace unguarded. The didacts however more likely then not can. In the books sentinels can lock people in a concentrated slipspace. So again its safe to assume that the forerunners shields are well advanced to the mc's.

Lastly. About johns armour. Its not mk vii. Its still mk vi. What the spartan ivs are wearing is mk vi im pretty sure. Now how this works is two ways. One cortana plays wih the software over the four years. Second. Microsoft took over and changed how the armour looks. The prolouge shows this. The spartan twos all fightin in the same armour. Now the remaining twos would be most likely wearing different armour as the ii and iii became apart of the spartan iv class. Anyway rant done. This is what ive pieced together from everything.

Side note. For those with the limited edition. Why does thorne sound familiar. Its the surname of the spartan whos reports are bonus content

yes it is and I don't see you you trying to dicreidit anyone else but I digress I was trying to be funny,I forgot to put in LOL or whatever
you kids do these days I understand that it was the lose of his only friend and what is a blood father?

im sorry... i meant forerunners... bad translation was bad ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back