*SPOILERS* Halo 4 Ending *SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caboose vs Grif

Member DIN
S737
Hey everyone! Just wanted to get peoples input on the H4 ending. I personally think that the didact is not dead and neither is Cortana. Eventually Chief will go looking for her. Feel free to put your own opinions here!

Well its pretty hard to say... i would like to read others opinion here but 343 made a good job now... they left many opportunities now to make another halo .... They arenot really bounded to include cortana or other characters ...

Im curious about it ... since the didacticer was the last blood father it would be kinda weird if there would be more .... His sins made him survive kinda weird why the other blood fathers didnt kill him either like the rest of the universe to prevent the floods ....

Many questions are open to me like where the heck comes the armor from the chief from? Or how did they know that masterchief (reclaimer) would be "the chosen one" ?

The second thing gives john just more and more importance ... hes like aprophet now lol :x

From Halo Reach. Dr. Halsey:

Knowledge, a birthright from an ancient civilization. This A.I. is its custodian, and she has chosen you as her carriers.
Her measure of you carries as much weight as my own... perhaps more.
...unless we can glean from this artifact a defense against the covenant...

Halsey was talking about Cortana. Cortana was the A.I. that inhabited the station.

Well its pretty hard to say... i would like to read others opinion here but 343 made a good job now... they left many opportunities now to make another halo .... They arenot really bounded to include cortana or other characters ...

Im curious about it ... since the didacticer was the last blood father it would be kinda weird if there would be more .... His sins made him survive kinda weird why the other blood fathers didnt kill him either like the rest of the universe to prevent the floods ....

Many questions are open to me like where the heck comes the armor from the chief from? Or how did they know that masterchief (reclaimer) would be "the chosen one" ?

The second thing gives john just more and more importance ... hes like aprophet now lol :x

Cortana upgraded his armor when he was in cryo. She says it in the beginning of the game.

Cortana made adjustments to his armor, and with this statement alone i think its possible she may have found a way to cheat death. The one theory i can think of is she copied key parts of herself that she left within his suits own computer core. She made it clear about the next cortana copy he may be given after she dies, and she was oddly determined to let herself die rather than her normal "Never give up" attitude. It could be that she may have these copied pieces of herself meld with the next copy, in affect giving her a new life. Like an old brain in a new body, the bulk of what she is was only information data, the rest will fall into the next copy.

My crazy thoughts.

I think that the didact survived and is floating in space, like Chief was after he PWND that nuclear warhead. So if the didact is just floating in space (NOT DEAD) the Cortana fragments may still be with him. Chief will realize this and go after her fragments and piece them all together with the help of Dr. Halsey and Chief and Cortana will be reunited once again, and live happily ever after. The end. :)

The didact should be alive since it was just a grenade blast. Plus isn't he the one talking about the human race after the credits?

And I'm fairly sure that 343 said they were going to do a trilogy so there should in fact be a 6 and 7. Fairly sure that will still be the case since everyone loves the Chief and his story.

Anyone else like semi-seeing Chief's face? (Legendary ending)

Guess thanks to that ^^ kinda a shame i didnt hear that :/ was playing through really fast still wondering how i could missed that part :(

It's only a really short sentence or two from the start when he's still in the cryo thing. It's also partially explained in Glasslands

I personally wanted to see more of requiem. I love halo and all it is but I felt like I needed to explore requiem a little more than what we could do. I was hoping for that same feel you get when you play Halo CE and you first land on the Halo, You have the urge to explore. I still have to compliment that Halo 4 is a great game. Also on the subject of cortana. My friend and I came up to the conclusion that she made herself somehow invincable in the forunner tech and can be salvaged somehow, Like how the chief gets the power to defeat the didact in the middle of the game( if I am correct ). All of this is just pure guess and curiosity.

Also.... why no flashlight?

I got a question..... If she was fiddling with his diddle (upgrading his armor, which btw, I think is the GAYEST excuse ever... so lame and full of bs...) while he slept... Why the eff didn't she fix the battle damage done to his armor at the end of 3?
Like if you're gonna give someone new shiny armor, make sure it's all shiny and all there, instead of chunks missing out of it. "Here, have some new armor. Oh btw, it's missing a chunk out of the chest area, I just got lazy with making it."

Also, while I know Cortana was always said to be known for her curviness (which have yet to see in ANY of the other Halo games...), how is it that an AI can put on 40 lbs?
Don't get me wrong, the graphics were all VERY well done, so kudos to 343i, but how can a digital program get fat? She was never super skinny in the other games, nor fat; she was a good average athletic build - but I guess sitting on her ass staring at Cheif with giving him broken new armor for 4 years, made her fat?? I'm just gonna ignore the fact that her whole face changed and doesn't have the Cortana 'feel' to it, the signature Cortana 'look' (the character design was very nice and well done, but just doesn't look or feel like her), but an AI putting on weight? dat fuq??

That's the one thing that gets you? lol

Maybe it got damaged in the crash, since you don't see it when see is looking in on Chief in the chamber, and you cannot see your own chest. Since falling threw space and threw a gravity well and hitting a planet hard has got to do some damage.

That's the one thing that gets you? lol

Maybe it got damaged in the crash, since you don't see it when see is looking in on Chief in the chamber, and you cannot see your own chest. Since falling threw space and threw a gravity well and hitting a planet hard has got to do some damage.
lol well there was a lot of things that bothered me about the game (though the good out balanced the bad), but that's just me being really nit picky and bitching about the continuity errors.... Also.... Latsky... Can anyone say continuity error with Latsky/Chief between FUD and H4???

Also no, I know he woke up with busted ass armor. Because I started playing it coop, and when my buddies came out of the tube, same as me, their **** was busted up already. :p

My personal though with cortana is that she is intact alive perhaps preserved via the composer somehow. The composer turns living consciousness into prometheans which are essencially forerunner ancilla or AI as we know it. Just a theory but the composer may be a future plot device in the return of cortana. Also the didactic, totally not dead yet.

actually if you pay close enough attention, cortana says that see has been working on the hud interface or something along those lines, not the armor. in addition to this, in the prologue when halsey is being interogated and she is telling the story, all of the spartans are wearing the exact same suit of armor. through the explaination of the innies through the covenant. its one of the biggest problems i have with the story. 343 messed with the canon story armor wise.

No idea on the battle damage, just guessed.

Yeah she mentions the interface, but she had time to change the armor too, and some books/other sources say the suits have nano-tech etc. But his armor needed to be changed, wouldn't be the same if they kept the MKVI doesn't give that aspect of newness.

actually if you pay close enough attention, cortana says that see has been working on the hud interface or something along those lines, not the armor. in addition to this, in the prologue when halsey is being interogated and she is telling the story, all of the spartans are wearing the exact same suit of armor. through the explaination of the innies through the covenant. its one of the biggest problems i have with the story. 343 messed with the canon story armor wise.

I noticed that, and it annoyed me, why did they all look like carbon-copies of Chief? Why no color variation? Why did they have what looks like MK7 when this is MKV time?

I noticed that, and it annoyed me, why did they all look like carbon-copies of Chief? Why no color variation? Why did they have what looks like MK7 when this is MKV time?

I think the Gen 2 armor was because they wanted to showcase the new armor on the spartans and they all looked like "carbon-copies" because they all had the same armor during the war..... ya you can argue Legends, the Fall of Reach comic, and several others but to me it will always be that they had the same armor with different numbers on the chest and later a upgrade or two by Halsey at the Castle Base facility...albeit only about six ever got those upgrades, then master chief got the Mk.V suit and cortana and neural link upgrades, then in H-II got the Mk.V suit.

all had the same olive-drab/sage with a hint of black tinge metallic color.

because 343 decided that instead of the MK I II III IV V VI VII that bungie were rolling with, they are going with GEN1 GEN2 instead. the stuff you customize in H4 is all GEN2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back