Spray on resin finelly fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Am Forgiven

I couldn't find a spray on resin thread to post this in, so please who ever reads this post this idea in the official thread.
The idea of spray on resin has fascinated because it would be nice, even, and thin. Every one has said to make sure to clean out the spray nozzle as soon as your done, but this idea fixes this idea: if the layer is thin enough you don't have to mix the hardener into the resin itself, rather you add a second smaller coat of the hardener, once the hardener-less resin has been applied.
The layer of resin should be thin enough so that the layer of hardener can cure through the resin.
Please post your thoughts on this, thank you.

I'd beenwondering myself if there was a way to spray on the resin,
I've not worked with resin yet myself, but from what i've gathered, the hardener is in a much smaller tube. So you'd have to have a way to thin it out in order to properly spray it, right?
Like I said, I dont have resin experience yet, so I'm jsut shooting in the dark. But if this method does in fact work, that would be awesome.

not sure your idea will work, beacuse the amount of hardener used is far inferior to the amount of resin (30% hardener for 100% of resin from what I found).

Seems to me that you would be wasting a lot of hardener that way. Has anyone ever tried to water the hardener down? Although I can see that would only mess things up.

Besides, it's not like apply resin is hard or even time consuming. I think I will just stick with the tried and true method.

In theory this application method could also apply to a casting medium, like those with a 1 to 1 mix ratio. It is possible that only the layer of 'hardener'(B) in contact with the resin (A) layer, but you would still be able to wipe off any over application ans still get a somewhat even coat that will mix and harden sorta like a shell. I might break out my airbrush and try this. Then of course there are the rattle cans of spray on clear lacquer.

Yeah, the thing is I have almost no money so I won't be able to try this on my own. so thank you guys for your input, this definitely not something to be done by a first time noob. so yeah, the brush on method is proven, but if anyone wants to try something new then, this could possibly be something that could work for more exact work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back