SPYDA's NOBLE 6 (Female) Scratch Foam W.I.P (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paintjob looks great, and i love how you put it all together. its so simple lol
Great job.
Ok now where are the updates on the armor? :p

Here is a little update on the armor (just for you Mstruvmgc ;))

I have made a start on the Cod section.

Front
IMAG0244_zps55e59c3f.jpg

Back
IMAG0247_zps9bc3f308.jpg

Pockets
IMAG0248_zps44201167.jpg

The pockets actually work though what can be kept in them can't be too big. Maybe some packs of gum or something :D
They are kept closed with magnets.
th_IMAG0249_zps6669e77b.jpg

The front piece looks small in the pic but it is a similar size to the back piece.
Ignore the pink foam, I didn't have any other colours on hand (they are on the front verandah and I didn't feel like walking the 15m to get them :p)

Edit: Forgot to add pic of the knee guard (I have made both, still a little detailing to do on them)
th_IMAG0250_zps96afdc53.jpg

I should get the joining sections for the cod done and maybe painting tomorrow.
Until then have a good one!

Here is a little update on the armor (just for you Mstruvmgc ;))

YAY!!! i feel special lol. Im sure everyone is going to be happy to see pictures too!

The cod/belt came out really nice. I love the actual working pockets, thats genious lol.
Knee guard has a good shape to it too. :)
Keep up the good work!

mate, if i was downunder living in Brisbane, id call you out for some costumed epicness on the boardwalk along the River! Two Spartan patroling Brisbane City centre would be awesome! Not to mention fun for the people who are around.

...once my suit was ready as well ofcourse! im looking forward to seeing how this turns out! Pretty epic i am sure!

Thanks guys!

Sorry for only a small update. Had to go out a bit today so wasn't able to get as much as I wanted to get done plus it was cold and drizzly so not much painting. At least I did manage to lay down a base coat over the pink lol

I made the cod pieces into a belt. Oh My God that was a task and a half!!! It is still a little loose but I can fix that when I finish the joining sections. (Or it might end up fitting just right when I do the undersuit and stuff) Only got the front ones done so far :( that's why there isn't a back view :p

IMAG0251_zps7a3727cb.jpg
IMAG0252_zps6491098d.jpg

The white on the hip padding is just some caulk to fill join lines.

Oh and I added an extra bit to the bottom of the ab section. The other stomach padding will be on at zip off corset type thingy with the spine sections velcro-ing over the zipper to hide it.

Feedback appreciated :$

Edit: I just noticed I made it to Infantryman. YAY!! Small thing I know but I have to get my excitements from somewhere :p

Go for it!

Foam for me has been easy to work with and comes together really quickly, plus with kids and pets around its not so good using all those chemicals when fibreglassing. :(

Hopefully the weather is a little better this week and I can get some painting of the armor done. Fingers crossed!!

I totally was thinking about the same "pouch" design in making my cod. Great minds think alike I guess, looks good thus far!

I think the belt is coming along nicely. I love your idea with the corset thingy too :)
Cant wait to see more pictures

fantastic build, I absolutely love the magnum i would kill for one, if you ever get the chance try and add shoosting nouises ^^ Keep up the goof work

Yay Update Time!!

Ok we will see how this goes as I am doing it on a tablet (Much easier to view reference pics on a 10" screen rather than a 4" one on my mobile lol)

Thanks guys for all your comments :)

So here we go... I have finished putting together the cod piece and have painted it.

20130721_111239_zpsbde8f03a.jpg
20130721_111123_zps29238105.jpg
20130721_111209_zpsf464b92f.jpg
20130721_111344_zps0d698e08.jpg

It does need a bit of tweaking at the back so the butt pad sits better when it's on me. But otherwise I am happy with it. Let me know what you guys think.

Everything looks great, the weathering looks really nice. I love the functionality of the belt compartment. I was thinking of having some kind of holding area but I'm worried about how it'll hold up. Think it'll support a cell phone or something?

The compartments I have made could hold the weight of a cell though it would have to be a small one. Mine fit something about the size of deck of cards but as my phone is larger than that I will need to find somewhere else to keep it :(

Looking great so far. I think the girls are giving the guys a run for their money with their builds :)

This looks awesome can't wait to see it at GC nova next year, i wish i was this skilled lol, im going to try and get my UNSC Marine done for it, just a heads up when at Nova with the pistol don't pull the mag or rack the slide they really don't like that :)

The compartments I have made could hold the weight of a cell though it would have to be a small one. Mine fit something about the size of deck of cards but as my phone is larger than that I will need to find somewhere else to keep it :(

why not the thigh storage thingamy you can unlock in REACH? RoxyRoo made one in her foam build over in the Elite section. maybe you can get some inspiration there?

Thanks drack, like I have mentioned earlier, I have learned a lot from your foam tutorials and recommend anyone starting out with foam to have a look! :D

Marves2142: would be great to see other people at Supanova! I am pretty sure mine will be finished for Bris-nova in November, and as it's my first Cosplay let alone first build I am pretty nervous lol. I am sure I will be able to have more fun at GC after having my first run at brissy. And thanks for the heads-up for the pistol slide/mag :)

tabris89: RoxyRoo and lilTyrant have definitely been inspirations for getting me into my first build. At the moment the armor is just the default Noble 6, though unless I can con one of my kiddies into being my pack carrier then I might just have to seriously think about the thigh attachment :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back