SRS S2-AM Sniper Rifle Build WIP Weathered

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is almost finished! just need to do some minor details, like finding a bipod, and painting details.

This is my first weapon prop, and i think it turned out great!
More photo's on request.

The weapon features a working trigger, changeable magazine, and it is able to be disassembled so I can easily take it with me.

Here is the sniper after the first couple of layers, without the scope.
The scope is fixed to the rifle.

2cdzu45.jpg

Here is another shot of the sniper, completely assembled. Magazine on the right of the weapon.

2j4wxgw.jpg

Total shot, again, in comparison to me.

ynk7k.jpg

Here's one of the butt, as you can see I mounted an aluminium plate to prevend the wood from being damaged.

b8nlk.jpg

And here you can see the detailing on the side, i will paint my movie logo on it later.

nm0wlf.jpg

Comments and tips are welcome!

Only thing I could suggest is a closer paint job and more detailing. I don't know if you are already planning on doing more painting, but making certain parts color-correct would make the sniper look a lot better, mainly the barrel, magazine, certain bolts, the spaces between the ribs on the receiver, and parts of the scope should be gunmetal grey, and the scope has ridges around the cylindrical forward portion. Also if the scope has room, possibly install LED lights or something to make it stand out. also some weathering on the gun would make this look fantastic, but other than these things, it looks absolutely amazing, really great job man!

Only thing I could suggest is a closer paint job and more detailing. I don't know if you are already planning on doing more painting, but making certain parts color-correct would make the sniper look a lot better, mainly the barrel, magazine, certain bolts, the spaces between the ribs on the receiver, and parts of the scope should be gunmetal grey, and the scope has ridges around the cylindrical forward portion. Also if the scope has room, possibly install LED lights or something to make it stand out. also some weathering on the gun would make this look fantastic, but other than these things, it looks absolutely amazing, really great job man!

Thank you :p I am doing a more detailed paintjob this evening. I will put some color into it (red buttons etc.) The barrel and scope will be the same as they are now. I cant really put ribs into both of them, keeping in mind that the barrel is made of metal. There is no room to put anything into the scope. It is 1 block of wood, mayube hollow it out when i have more budget. I'll post more detailed photo's soon!

Hey all,

I have added some weathering to the rifle. And i am trying to figure out how to put the 249th logo on the butt. It need to look really clean, so just painting on it wont cut it. Any ideas? post them!

So here's the butt

29vayiu.jpg

Heres the middle

ebbrpi.jpg

The muzzle

2u8i1cg.jpg

And the magazine

2yuyu8l.jpg

Got any questions? i am willing to answer them!

Great work! I could only dream of making something like this. The only things that I would add, and I mean these all in a positive way: If you want it to look like personalized you could possibly add some markings (how many kills- think C.O.D. black ops, the roman numerals etched onto the pistols), you could wrap some cloth around the handle, or you could add some camouflage green.
But remember these are just suggestions it's your baby! Make it your own.
And one small note, the stand.

Yeah i know, i dont have a bipod just yet, looking for an airsoft bipod wich i will mount on it. But my budget is gone atm, so that will be of a later concern ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back