SSPO Shotgun's LD MK VI Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shotgun Collins

Here are a few pics of the breast plate for my MK VI Armor it looks entirely too massive though, it is just pepped (wouldn't want to go to far if it will not fit right). I included pics of me wearing it with a tape measure showing the width of the piece and the width of my chest would love feedback on if the scale looks right to everybody and if you thought the same when you built your first.
Photo076.jpg

Photo077.jpg

Photo079.jpg

Photo081.jpg

Thanks for the input

I would recommend scaling it down to where it looks most right. You can always go in after its hardened and cut edges where you want to make it fit while looking proportionate.

And good pepping job!

lol looks like someone forgot to scale it down!

Robo's file: Height in inches! ex: 5'9" = 69inches total.. add 1-2 for the padding.

The height would be perfect for a leather cuirass it is right at my belly button but it feels wide the height is 24.7" and the width is 23.9" and 15" from bottom to neck line; and my body is 15" belly button to collar bone and 19.5 armpit to arm pit. I used the Robogennis pep file the scale is 106.664. After I figured it might be to big I googled how to measure the body for custom armor if somebody that has successfully made their own would take a look to see it this is how you measure to scale your pep files. I looked all over the 405th for a guide on how to measure your body but couldn't find one. Here is the link http://www.by-the-sword.com/acatalog/Armour_Measurements.htm I am at a lost on where to measure for proper scaling. HELP PLEASE

I've got that part down the first piece I made was a little tight around the neck and so I upped the scale by 2"which is perfect for getting over my head I guess I could finish pepping the 1st and see how it fits then.

Many peope cant get their head in when the pep file is scaled correctly. they cut the chest down the sides and then strap them together to make them fit.

Gallard thanks for that bit of info It seems nobody else has posted anything like it. If I would have known that I would not have given up on the first one (which I am now completing) Anybody have an opion on the website I posted?

I looked at that thread and i have not the slightest clue what they mean!! But making the chest i would measure from shoulder to shoulder then add 4-5 cm on the width proportion in scaling. If you need any other scaling help just feel free to ask anybody on here.

I finished the other brest plate and it fits like a charm but as we all know if aint one thing its another. I have to take a break on my project have to tear down my motor and replace freeze plugs in the head and to do that on a mustang you have to take the head off.

So I had some time while trying to find a cheap machine shop to get my heads polished, and finished both vambraces (forearms) and the right cuisse (thigh). It is a little long but tight I have pretty big thighs was a Defensive end in high school and squatted close to 500 so my thighs are still pretty big I need a way to make the bigger round and a little shorter. If i made the pep big enough around it would be way to long. I am using the "CH09RightThighSupportsGokuUnfold" pep file. does anybody know of one that is rounder and shorter maybe one modeled for a big guy I'm 5'10 about 255 with a little bit of a beer gut. By the way thanks for all the help so far I am really enjoying the build so far I'm gonna do my helmet last so i have lost of practice pepping first.

If the pep file has the black layered inner thigh things you can always cut them off and replace them with rubber or foamie matting(that is if that is what's causing your issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back