'Standard' size for armor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zach Sapphire

So, being 14, I don't want to make a suit of armor, as I would grow out of it fairly fast. I had an idea, to make a number of Pepakura helmets (Noble team?) to display, and I want them to all be a 'standard' size. Is there an established standard for armor, or have people only ever resized pepakura files? is the default size of pepakura helmets considered standard?

I guess while you are reading, If you have experience in pepakura or 3D modeling, and would like to recommend a high definition reach helmet for me to make, go ahead! Ideally, I would like to make and display all the base helmets from reach.

And finally, does anyone know where I could get a reach ODST helmet file? I haven't been able to find any yet, let alone a high definition one.

Thanks for reading!

People generally scale helmets from like 280-300 mm in height. You might want to check that up but I'm like 90% sure that's correct.

Is there an established standard for armor, or have people only ever resized pepakura files? is the default size of pepakura helmets considered standard?

And finally, does anyone know where I could get a reach ODST helmet file? I haven't been able to find any yet, let alone a high definition one.

Thanks for reading!

Default size is 300mm but it depends on the model you are using. Iv made one as small as 280 and as big as 330.

There is no Reach ODST. Its exactly the same as the rest of the games except Halo 2, of course. You defiantly are NOT going to want to start on a high-def ODST helmet because they are very difficult. I know that Hugh Holder has probably the best files for it. There are also some on the wiki.

Well when I make a helm for myself I have a base measurement of my head with padding and adjust that so that all the helms i build will fit me for sure. If you find your base measurement if will make it easier to build any helm you want. I used the width method to find mine and never had a problem scaling since.

There's no standard size, however most people, like someone here said, model their helmets to a height of 28 cm to 30 cm. You could find out the size of a Spartans head and model your scale around that if it's simply for display.
Also, you can find an ODST helmet on the halo costuming wiki. There's an HD file by Kirrou and I think Rundown. There's aslo more Read helmets in the Reach File thread here: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/24086-*The-Official*-Halo-Reach-Pepakura-Files-Thread

I made this with Rundowns ODST file and some extra work.

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31895-Finished-ODST-helmet

Kirrous file is also excellent.

As for making a Reach ODST helmet, there are differences. Hugh Holder made a small file with add ons to convert a Halo3 ODST into a Reach one. I plan on making a mold of one as soon as I finish my Noble 6, but its going to be a bit before I get to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back