Star craft marine ( picture heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the files I will start making this after I finish my warhammer space marine that should be done in a couple months and it's too cold here to do any hardening outside. :(

Thank you for the files I will start making this after I finish my warhammer space marine that should be done in a couple months and it's too cold here to do any hardening outside. :(
yeah I was dealing with the same issues that lead me to make a hot box out of my garage with heavy duty window plastic and 2 heaters that I resined in wit the door open.. buffalo sucks for winter time

update time:

weather is nice an warm today so its time to spray paint my chest and everything. expecting to have it done 100% by tomorrow then i will upload a video of full suit with leds and movement and everything

got the chest painted assembled and leds lit up on it yesterday but unfortunatly today it is raining so I cant get a fully suit pic yet but as soon as the weather breaks ill post it up

chest2-1.jpg

chest1.jpg

That looks pretty great. Personally, I probably would have done some bondo do smooth it out, but can't argue that it doesn't look nice.

That looks pretty great. Personally, I probably would have done some bondo do smooth it out, but can't argue that it doesn't look nice.
thanks and I think im going to go with foam builds now to make it a tad bit easier with giant builds such as this -.- man bondo sucked on this thing and took ALOT of it to cover

I love it. That looks really really good. I am making warhammer space marine from foam it is a lot easier and a lot lighter. :)

Hello, i read all about your SC marine suit and i just love it.I wanted to make one myself but i really dont know how to.I was hoping if u still have the pdo files so i could try to make the armor too.I am 6ft tall too :D my email is roger_koosa@hotmail.com

once again if anyone wants the peps I used just toss me a message on here or a personal message and ill get them to you asap

Well done for your first suit! It makes you look huge! I've never played SC before, but this is a job well done. Try making more stuff and improving on your technique and you may end up rebuilding this suit even better.

thanks all. i am currently working on foam builds of halo mixed armor for me and my gf so we got something for the halo 4 release. will have to start a new thread soon on it and sandy i have to say foam rules i am forever changed to use it now

I am doing the Terran Marine build right now. I probably have the same files as you do. There is a way to make it smoother and rounder. In Pepakura Designer, with a file open, go to Settings, then Other Settings. Then Line Style, check the box for Hide Almost Flat Lines, then change Threshold from 175 to 165. I have built the right shoulder, right upper arm and I am working on the right shin, then the right thigh. I am just going to use Smooth On Smooth Cast 321 resin for covering the outside, then sanding it round and smooth, Bondo where needed and fiberglass resin and Smooth Cast 321 for slush casting the inside. The only files I would like to get now are the gauntlets, boots and the Gauss Rifle. The Terran Cannon that Raynor uses in SC2 cinematics would be great, just huge, like a proper sized Gauss Rifle. Good build you did there. Onward and upward for your skills now. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back