Starx - Mark 3 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orion213 said:
26 cms from ?

200 mm from ? I´m sorry dude, but i don´t understand what do you mean with this sizes

Great to have you back once again ;)

emoticon_ninja.gif
Ninja sais wy copy the full quote and make the thread more pic heavy? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Orion213 said:
26 cms from ?

200 mm from ? I´m sorry dude, but i don´t understand what do you mean with this sizes

Great to have you back once again ;)

The helmet file i scaled to 26 cm high, the exact scale being .6920292 . The 200 mm refers to the height of the neck file that i used from dancing fool. The height, like i said, is 200mm or 20cm.

Had some freetime between class and work so i used the back part of Clarx's neck file (with a scale of 1.647484) and added it to the back of DancinFools neck file. Ill be using this and cutting out a part from my own torso file to substitute the rear of the neck. I feel it represents the overall accuracy better. And ill be adding bondo to get the details right when that part comes. Well..its off to work.

5jvfj7.jpg

Okay..so another update before i have to rush off to work again. I finished the ab plates (from the files that i was using when i started this thread, scaled at 444.371601) and the spine is from Clarx's files (scaling is the same as it is for the neck at 1.647484). The reason i used the spine and neck from clarx's files is because i think the design looks a little more organic and i believe fits better with the curvature of the actual armor. On to the top torso to let you guys see the full effect...Please excuse the messy put together, i figure i can smooth everything out once i get to the bondo stage.

xbhen6.jpg

rwnk0g.jpg

Thanks everyone for approving and the thumbs up. Ill be tackling the top torso tonight when i get off from work.

Starx said:
Everyone - So with Valentines day finally over, i have decided to jump back onto the productivity horse and do this thing. Im back. And to start off, here is my helmet (Dungbeetles helmet file, scaled at 26.0 cm) and the neck from DancingFools files (scaled at an even 200 mm - scale of 1.647484). Also, the cod piece (scaling finally figured out at 444.371601 , fits a pant size of 36) I will be mixing and matching files that i believe have the most accuracy, and giving credit to the makers of these files as well as the sizes for the pieces that i have used to help anyone with sizing issues. Also, i got the idea from SUPERMANEXTREME to use black marker to outline the armor in different areas to make it easier later on during the bondo stage. Here we go guys....lets finish this.

33tryvo.jpg

2rm1rht.jpg

starx, i love your enthusiasm, you are one of main main inspirations to make my suit. Aim high bro, aim high.

IroniumCostuming said:
starx, i love your enthusiasm, you are one of main main inspirations to make my suit. Aim high bro, aim high.

Thanks buddy. If you need any help on your build. Let me know. Ill try to help where i can.

Starx said:
Thanks buddy. If you need any help on your build. Let me know. Ill try to help where i can.

speak od the devil i do need a little, how big should i scale the abplates/cod, im 5'6"

IroniumCostuming said:
speak od the devil i do need a little, how big should i scale the abplates/cod, im 5'6"

363mm

I figured since starx upped his scale to 444 I figured I'd use his old scale of 363 ( I think it was that)

I'm 5'6 as well man

IroniumCostuming said:

what is your waist?

SupermanExtreme1 said:
363mm

I figured since starx upped his scale to 444 I figured I'd use his old scale of 363 ( I think it was that)

I'm 5'6 as well man

yup. thats my old scale Super.. that reminds me. How is your build coming along?

Starx said:
yup. thats my old scale Super.. that reminds me. How is your build coming along?

I have the Torso done so far. It was on hold cause I wanted my master chief suit. I missed it a lot. Thats all pepped now

so now I'll be doing the War machine suit from whatever has been molded/unfolded starting monday and I should have that done before the end of next week

after that is done I'll get back to the mark III fully

Im just trying to pep it all before spring is here so I can get to the fun part

because pepping in the summer sucks. I'd rather be outside working

I have a better gameplan this year, thats why I also have a bunch of helmets sculpted , ready to mold so that I can work on prototypes in the spring as well

IroniumCostuming said:
i wear size 33-34 jeans

go ahead and use the scale that superman provided you.

unheared said:
does any one have a pep pdo of the spine ?

wish i knew how to extract it :(

which spine file are you looking for?

the one for the helmet please.

as i am thinking of using Samuel Ling torso, abs, and cob.

your suit looks great by the way.

unheared said:
the one for the helmet please.

as i am thinking of using Samuel Ling torso, abs, and cob.

your suit looks great by the way.

if youre using samuels files, you should be able to find the spine file there in carnages thread. the helmet file is from dungbeetle, and i think he charges 5 dollars for his helmet file. youd have to contact him to get the file. He also has a newer version of his helmet that he redid. Havent used it yet but it seems like it would be worth a go.

I have the helmet. great work dungbeetle.

on Samuel Ling, torso, abs, the spine is all together then drops into cob as you now.

but as no neck pieces was release i can only guest that had the spine going to the helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back