Starx - Mark 3 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its his portable suit. Theres also a new trailer out. Looks way better than the first. Talk about motivation.

words cannot convey how awesome this movie will be. the briefcase suit, war machine, whiplash (and hopefully crimson dynamo, black widow. good lord i wish it was may.

any progress Starx? i suppose i have to ask since i don't want to completely ignore your build and comment on the trailer. :p

dubean33 said:
words cannot convey how awesome this movie will be. the briefcase suit, war machine, whiplash (and hopefully crimson dynamo, black widow. good lord i wish it was may.

any progress Starx? i suppose i have to ask since i don't want to completely ignore your build and comment on the trailer. :p

lol. yeah. i wish it was may as well..not much progress right now. I just got a promotion at work so its keeping me pretty busy. But im still pullin 4am nighters with this guy so expect something picture worthy soon.

WRising said:
portable suit? we have to get that modeled. (NOW?) lol, kick ass for sure.

we should talk to people who are really good at origami....hey. a guy can dream cant he?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's lookin sweet, dude. Keep on truckin.

That trailer kicks buttocks too. I'm so making myself one of those... I mean a real one.

Quartermain3000 said:
That's lookin sweet, dude. Keep on truckin.

That trailer kicks buttocks too. I'm so making myself one of those... I mean a real one.

Well it is plausible to create something like that to attach to your body, out of paper? no I don't think so. With enough springs and retractable clips it should fold nicely.

EDIT: Starx, Your costume is amazing and for you to do it on your free-time after work and school, you are amazing. I kind of envy you lol. I want my first pepakura costume to be an Iron Man and you inspire me.

DarkBebi said:
Well it is plausible to create something like that to attach to your body, out of paper? no I don't think so. With enough springs and retractable clips it should fold nicely.

EDIT: Starx, Your costume is amazing and for you to do it on your free-time after work and school, you are amazing. I kind of envy you lol. I want my first pepakura costume to be an Iron Man and you inspire me.

Out of paper? No. But with the technology these days, i wouldnt be surprised if something close to it was plausible. Yeah, its a bit taxing sometimes. I gotta make sure my grades stay up too. I dont want to be falling behind with homework at a culinary school. Its really glad to hear that my work inspires people. It means that much more to me thanx to you guys. I still havent made much progress from the last picture, but my spring break is coming up soon and i think i see a finish date for the paper progress!!!

Starx said:
Out of paper? No. But with the technology these days, i wouldnt be surprised if something close to it was plausible. Yeah, its a bit taxing sometimes. I gotta make sure my grades stay up too. I dont want to be falling behind with homework at a culinary school. Its really glad to hear that my work inspires people. It means that much more to me thanx to you guys. I still havent made much progress from the last picture, but my spring break is coming up soon and i think i see a finish date for the paper progress!!!

Lmao, Doing a costume on spring break... What a life. FYI: Do not use fiberglass and resin insulation foam. now my sword is halfway ruined :(

EDIT: Picture for reference [attachment=15273:2010-03-09 23.13.52.jpg]

Costume work on spring break mornings. Then work...and since i live in a college student kind of town, a good bit of goin out at night after work too..and then repeat for a week or two...lol

This is insane. Speaking of the trailer, I had a nerdgasm when I saw the portable suit, and when Iron man and War machine were fighting the Iron Man - look a-likes. Anyway, regarding your suit, are you gonna post all of the files you used in a separate thread? (apart from Superman's "Iron Man Complete Pepakura Armor And Parts Files Location Thread")

Starx said:
I hate to derail my thread for a second...BUT OH MY GOD!!

..... Yep.... I just peed a little.....

I saw the ET exculsive where they showed a few clips from the production of IM2 a few months ago...I saw pepper throw a red and gold breif case out of the care and prayed it was the portable suit from the cartoon/comics.... Marvel doesn't dissapoint with these movies at all!

Ryan Ward said:
This is insane. Speaking of the trailer, I had a nerdgasm when I saw the portable suit, and when Iron man and War machine were fighting the Iron Man - look a-likes. Anyway, regarding your suit, are you gonna post all of the files you used in a separate thread? (apart from Superman's "Iron Man Complete Pepakura Armor And Parts Files Location Thread")

I will be posting the files once i am done with the pepakura part of my build. Ill put them right on the front page. Although, i dont see why you would want to use them since most of them are readily available on carnages thread as well. Mine are just unfolded differently. But it all depends on when i actually get some more free time. Work and finals all week this week... nothing to be excited about. But after this week is spring break and thats the deadline for the pepakura part of this build.

lunar lord said:
I cant seem to find the arm .pdo's

I believe the bicep files are on one of the two last pages of carnages thread. Itll just take me a couple of days before i can get back on this build and update the first page with the files im using. Hopefully that will help some of you.

Starx said:
I believe the bicep files are on one of the two last pages of carnages thread. Itll just take me a couple of days before i can get back on this build and update the first page with the files im using. Hopefully that will help some of you.

ok thank you

Starx said:
I will be posting the files once i am done with the pepakura part of my build. Ill put them right on the front page. Although, i dont see why you would want to use them since most of them are readily available on carnages thread as well. Mine are just unfolded differently. But it all depends on when i actually get some more free time. Work and finals all week this week... nothing to be excited about. But after this week is spring break and thats the deadline for the pepakura part of this build.

Thanks- that really helps. I just want to use your files specifically because, well, At least i know exactly what i'm getting (and also the convenience of getting the whole suite at once.

Starx said:

could you be awesome and give me a link to carnage's thread and is ur chest piece in that thread? Y I've been running around the internet collecting info so I can make the best suit possible and you have just been a big inspiration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back