Starx - Mark 3 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. So the helmet is coming along slowly.. still had to finish a couple of chores. the faceplate is together, and so is the jawline...yeah..i know im slow... :-(

uhh... i recently made an iron man helmet, half done and i was wondering when the faceplate flips up does the red thing between it flip up too?

[attachment=11653:thingy.jpg]

Coolguy26 - I do not think the piece comes up when the faceplate goes up too. On my own helmet i will be making it so that the piece you are referring to remains in place while the face plate moves up.

Update - Or should i say downdate? The helmet i printed out, painstakingly cut out, and am now through a good part gluing together...is WAY to big for my head. Why you ask? Apparently i am an idiot. When the print screen asked me if i wanted to adjust the setting or whatever the message was, i clicked no instead of yes. Hence, larger helmet and me kicking, screaming, and crying as i throw the pieces into the trash. ( I promised pictures so here is my failed attempt that i will be tossing into the trash) back to the printer..ill have to have another go at it......F@&%!!!!!!!!!!!!

Incredible!

I just stumbled over this site and are impressed, especially by your Iron Man Armor.

How thick is the paper you use?

PS: Sieht echt genial aus, bin gespannt wenn's fertig ist

Gregnizzle - thanks for the compliment

UR shiZZle - the paper i am using is cardstock. I dont really know the exact thickness of the paper. Danke sehr!!

Update - Printed out helmet, and this time i made freaking sure i hit the yes i want to adjust scale before printing..Dont know how long it will take me. Work for the rest of the week except for sunday. But it will get done sooner or later..

Everyone - can someone pm me as to how to post pictures? it keeps saying i have used 4.88 MB of 4.88 MB of quota or something? I cant seem to post anymore pictures..

Just upload them to tinypic.com or some other pic hosting site. When you upload it, it will give you a link to paste in. It will be wrapped with

Okay. So the faceplate and the main part of the helmet are put together. Ill post pictures later since its five in the morning where i am.

Its getting there slowly but surely. It took me two times of reprinting and gluing and so on to get the helmet the right size for me. However, ive been debating going with sharkheads helmet..its easier to put together too. not so many pages and still nicely detailed. Not to mention it looks really good when resined and bondoed as in jonnys pictures.

Personally, this is gotta be the most detailed pep work I have ever seen. I wish I could work with pep files, but instead I have to mold mine. Well at least I have the money for it.

Okay. So here is the picture of the helmet i have been working on. Theres a couple of problems though..

1.) While i realize the helmet is very accurate in the rear portion of the build, the front is not where i would like it to be. Not to mention this helmet is insane as far as page numbers go. I think its around twenty five to thirty even AFTER arranging the pieces. And seeing as i have tried for the second time to put it together, it still does not fit me right, and i dont see me using it.

2.) I plan on going with Sharkheads file. The helmet is simple, not many pages, great appeal to me as far as the front and all over appearance of the helmet, and frankly, Jonny's pictures pretty much convinced me. SO...

again, here is a picture of the one i WAS going to use. But im gonna go with sharkheads file. Shouldnt take long. Only ten pages instead of 25-30. I Should have pictures up by tuesday night. Gotta go to work. I realize this build is going to take some time, seeing as how stickly i am for details and accuracy of the build. Thanks for followin along guys. Hopefully i will soon have something to make this thread jump a bit more.

29o6al5.jpg

Just for a reference point. The first picture is the one that the now abandoned helmet was based on (I think). However, im going for the look of the second (Which is sharkheads). Main difference as far as i can tell is the way the eyes are portrayed and the width of the cheeks. The first seems to me as if it looks a bit wider. Plus did i mention less pages for sharkheads file? :lol

5p36eq.jpg

vcwkco.jpg

what do you guys think?

To off?

To misshapen?

To ugly?

To beautiful?

Comments Please

[attachment=11768:kdk_0466.jpg]

Starx said:
Coolguy26 - I do not think the piece comes up when the faceplate goes up too. On my own helmet i will be making it so that the piece you are referring to remains in place while the face plate moves up.

Just thought I'd point out that the piece in question is attached to the faceplate. Here's a screen grab from the movie:

ironmanynx.jpg

Obviously that's the Mark II faceplate, but the Mark III is the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
coolguy26 said:
what do you guys think?

To off?

To misshapen?

To ugly?

To beautiful?

Comments Please

[attachment=11768:kdk_0466.jpg]

Try to respect other folks' topics there coolguy26....otherwise known as hijacking someone's thread....if you have progress pics of project, you can start your own w.i.p. thread. But that being said, it looks like it may have been a little rushed, but other than that not bad. Just remember to take your time on things like this. And welcome!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Coolguy - i like youre helmet but ill have to agree with Mks81. It doesnt look bad but a little rushed..but im sure youll be able to bondo out the little details.

Update - Okay. So i finally got my work station assembled and with tomorrow off and me being off early tonight it looks like a Helmet night. Expect pictures by tomorrow night (of the high detailed helmet. i cant help but finish what i started..)

Alright everyone. Here is the correctly sized helmet ive been putting together.. Just need to finish the ears and neck assembly in the rear and some of the detail.

df7q79.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back