Starx - Mark 3 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
SraiderL said:
could you be awesome and give me a link to carnage's thread and is ur chest piece in that thread? Y I've been running around the internet collecting info so I can make the best suit possible and you have just been a big inspiration

You obviously didn't run too far. ;)

Carnage thread Clarx's thread Dancin Fool's thread All great files for an Iron Man build, all within the first 3 pages of this forum. :eek

Last edited by a moderator:
starx, wht im interested in is

1. what are you doing, repulsor-wise

2. do you have an arc reactor? and if so how did you make it (prop obviously)

IroniumCostuming said:

second would also like to know what you're doing repulsor wise

SraiderL said:
second would also like to know what you're doing repulsor wise

lol, if your asking me, im using el sheets for the hands, arc chest, and eyes.

IroniumCostuming said:
lol, if your asking me, im using el sheets for the hands, arc chest, and eyes.

What is this el sheets that you speak of? I have never heard of such a wonderous thing lol

SraiderL said:
What is this el sheets that you speak of? I have never heard of such a wonderous thing lol

not sure if your kiddin or not, but. El sheets are thin paperlike peices of plastic that produce light when currents are through them, there texture is like that of photo paper. it is commonly used to light up photos that have been printed on them. But there steady bright glow makes them good for iron man. look into Johnnys iron man helmet vid.

IroniumCostuming said:
not sure if your kiddin or not, but. El sheets are thin paperlike peices of plastic that produce light when currents are through them, there texture is like that of photo paper. it is commonly used to light up photos that have been printed on them. But there steady bright glow makes them good for iron man. look into Johnnys iron man helmet vid.

You are right but the problem with the el sheets is that they are opaque :(

IroniumCostuming said:

lol no I was generally curious at what they were . :p

zabana said:
You are right but the problem with the el sheets is that they are opaque :(

Opaque? i cant remeber what that is! lol, but for iron man, eyes hands and chest all have a dim blueish glow and a strong white one, here is what i mean as far as el sheets go, and starx, im trying to give you a tip, plz dont accuse me of thread jacking

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLhOi34IchQ[/media]

IroniumCostuming said:
Opaque? i cant remeber what that is! lol, but for iron man, eyes hands and chest all have a dim blueish glow and a strong white one, here is what i mean as far as el sheets go, and starx, im trying to give you a tip, plz dont accuse me of thread jacking

Where can you get that?

SraiderL said:
Where can you get that?

I would like to know as well. That is a really nice color! So far, I've seen pure white glows and pure blue glows, but i can't find those blue white glows

IroniumCostuming said:

Sorry, I didn´t explain very well :pwith opaque I mean you can not see through. Or am I wrong? o_O' (I wish I´m wrong :D)

zabana said:
Sorry, I didn´t explain very well :pwith opaque I mean you can not see through. Or am I wrong? o_O' (I wish I´m wrong :D )

You are correct unfortunately there is a video on youtube where someone used el sheets for their helmet and they still needed to leave space so they could see.

@ Starx are you planning on doing the back leg stabilizers? I have been looking for reference material and I don't think that part of the suit is possible unless u can split sections of your leg

I used EL sheets for the eyes on my helmet, you might have seen my video on Youtube.

I'm planning on doing the same for the Arc Reactor when I get around to doing the chest.

Hey everyone. I'm currently in class so ill try to answer what i can for the next 30 min. sooooo...

IroniumCostuming said:

For the repulsor, im using the pep that i have for the hands, and also the lighting system that juice was kind enough to make for me (with a little bit of re-engineering) to make the light get brighter as i bend my hand back. There is actually a video of this on one of my earlier pages about this. As far as an arc reactor, and the eyes, i plan on going with jonny's setup of the el sheets. I saw his video a while back when he finished with his helmet and was quite pleased with the results that came out from this lighting system.

SraiderL said:
You are correct unfortunately there is a video on youtube where someone used el sheets for their helmet and they still needed to leave space so they could see.

@ Starx are you planning on doing the back leg stabilizers? I have been looking for reference material and I don't think that part of the suit is possible unless u can split sections of your leg

The moving parts on my costume will be the faceplate, right arm missile compartment, the flight stabilizers, and also the top part of the leg openings. I have a kit at my house , purge kit of sorts, that expels a gas from a nozzle, and depending on where that nozzle is set is where it comes out. I figured if i put the nozzle at the bottom of the feet that would be the best place. Also, for anyone asking about my power source options and where i plan on placing the buttons for them, i plan on using the hip pods as the power source and button placement. I'll show you guys what i mean when i get more time to go into more detail. I have one more exam tomorrow and im back on the build.

Starx said:
Hey everyone. I'm currently in class so ill try to answer what i can for the next 30 min. sooooo...

For the repulsor, im using the pep that i have for the hands, and also the lighting system that juice was kind enough to make for me (with a little bit of re-engineering) to make the light get brighter as i bend my hand back. There is actually a video of this on one of my earlier pages about this. As far as an arc reactor, and the eyes, i plan on going with jonny's setup of the el sheets. I saw his video a while back when he finished with his helmet and was quite pleased with the results that came out from this lighting system.

The moving parts on my costume will be the faceplate, right arm missile compartment, the flight stabilizers, and also the top part of the leg openings. I have a kit at my house , purge kit of sorts, that expels a gas from a nozzle, and depending on where that nozzle is set is where it comes out. I figured if i put the nozzle at the bottom of the feet that would be the best place. Also, for anyone asking about my power source options and where i plan on placing the buttons for them, i plan on using the hip pods as the power source and button placement. I'll show you guys what i mean when i get more time to go into more detail. I have one more exam tomorrow and im back on the build.

What, no arm shields? ;)

You guys can always go high-tech and stick a pinhole camera somewhere, then wire up a set of cell phone LCD screens inside the helmet, then get small lenses, like from a microscope eyepiece so you can focus on them when they're that close to your face... just a thought.

Quartermain3000 said:
You guys can always go high-tech and stick a pinhole camera somewhere, then wire up a set of cell phone LCD screens inside the helmet, then get small lenses, like from a microscope eyepiece so you can focus on them when they're that close to your face... just a thought.

I was just thinking about that yesterday. It would be so cool if you could see yourself in a 3rd person view and be walking around like if your blind.

Quartermain3000 said:

ah i was totally thinking that as well! Maybe a pinhole camera in the forehead vent and i was thinking one of those flexible OLED screens would be perfect to place inside the helmet (although expensive!)

Quartermain3000 said:

dubean33 said:
ah i was totally thinking that as well! Maybe a pinhole camera in the forehead vent and i was thinking one of those flexible OLED screens would be perfect to place inside the helmet (although expensive!)

Speaking of a pinhole camera...

EDIT!!

You'd be doing yourself a disservice to no go to these links!

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=900892&affiliate=FusionFilter

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=400035&utm_source=search0109

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=900893&utm_source=search0109

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=900893&utm_source=search0109

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=4000411FLEX&utm_source=search0109

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=900610&utm_source=search0109

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back