Stiilus' Old Weapon Builds (PIC HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hammer looks righteous!

Thanks Mstruvmgc. I can't wait to get the file up for everyone. I haven't done any more work on sine i posted the pic, just been too damn tired at the end of the day. I just dug a 27m trench, over half a meter deep for my mum to run a new phone line on saturday. Ouch. Now i'm filling it in this afternoon. All that displaced dirt just for a wire about 10mm wide. what a joke. Anyway, i figure that's a good enough excuse for not knuckling down and getting on with it. Hopefully i'm up to it later this week :D ...

Good luck on the hammer. Its going to look great!

Thanks mate. I probably won't ever get to build it myself living where i currently am, but at the very least, i'll have made the pep file for anyone else who would like to.

Dammit. The stupid URL blocking service at my library has blocked 4Shared so I can't host the file just yet. $H!++y URL blocking service!!!! I'm so angry right now at all the people who pirate stuff and put it on there... Anyway, when i do find alternate means of getting the file onto 4Shared I'll chuck the link up. I'll try linking my phone later this week to my computer and using it as a mobile wifi or something when i get a chance. Anyway, here's a pic of the completed Pep file. There's 494 pieces in total across 97 A4 pages (cause that's my preferred page format [apologies to all Letter formatted countries on behalf of us Aussies]). :p

Anyway, I did contemplate setting it up on an A3 format, but of course that would restrict pretty much everyone who doesn't have access to a larger printer. If I do end up making this little beast myself, I think I will convert it to A3 and take it to a professional printer as a PDF file so I can join some of the smaller parts to make few pieces to cut out.

DElFistoRukto_zps0fe59d61.jpg

I put a few ideas about the build up the top of the file where most modelers put their signature and what not, about the handle and ring at the bottom and all for any interested. Hope you all like it. :D

*whistles* wow thats a lot of pages... lol
Looks righteous! Great job on it.
How tall is it set at?

*whistles* wow thats a lot of pages... lol
Looks righteous! Great job on it.
How tall is it set at?

Thanks Mstruvmgc. Yeah, at 97 pages it is a few pages isn't it. Still, it's a whole heap less than the low def file, and a tonne fewer pieces to cut out too to boot!!!

I scaled it to 2 meters tall, just like the low def, 'cause I think that's the weapons actual size anyway, if not I can always rescale it and do a revised re-release of the pep file.

The original reason I did this model was so people could have an alternative to the low def model, something with a more curved shape and closer to a high def look. I've only seen one build of the low def on the net, a cardboard model which looked quite nice but still had a lot of sharp angles to it. The original low def also has 766 pieces across 160 or so pages, which I thought was probably the reason most people were daunted by it. I could be wrong, of course, and people just aren't looking to do the build anyway, but it's something I plan on making later on down the track myself, so I figured i may as well make the pep file and put it out there for anyone who wants it.

Incidently, I'm still having trouble accessing 4Shared from the library, so I put the file up in my Google Drive instead. If it's going to be a problem from here on out I think I'll just host them there instead.

Anyway, for those interested, here's the link. Enjoy peoples :D...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByD22To6OevjWFdKb0ZsTnV3M0U/edit?usp=sharing

Hopefully that works, if not, somebody let me know and I'll fix it. (I've never shared from my Google Drive before, so fingers crossed :D)

Re: Stiilus' Weapon Builds (PIC HEAVY)

Hi all. I know its been a while since I put something up, 3D files, builds in progress or otherwise. I have been busy though, currently doing lots of welding. I figure it would be a nice addition to skills I could use to make stuff, weapons in particular. More on that though when I actually start a weapon build with those newfound skills.

More over, my internet issues have been mostly resolved, so I can now start posting things as they start to get built now. :D. I can't believe just how $h!++¥ internet and mobile coverage is in this part of Australia. Grrr. :( .

Anyway, on an unrelated note, I just finished putting the Bulk Fuel Tank Numbers on their individual tanks yesterday at work.

WP_20150204_06_05_29_Pro_zps0195902c.jpg

I'm so tempted to add some weathering and battle wear on them, but I don't think the depot manager or head office would appreciate those efforts quite like I would. Oh well, I should focus that urge and use it as an incentive to get cracking on a new build. ;)

your stuff is amazing o and love the Godzilla lol if Godzilla had that would be terabble

your stuff is amazing o and love the Godzilla lol if Godzilla had that would be terabble

Thanks. I'm really missing not having space (or time) to do any builds right now, but hopefully that'll change soon. There should be more to come from Fred and Godzilla in the future too :D .

You do some beautiful work.

Thank you SqueekinOrka. I checked the pics of your foam ODST build. Coming along nicely :D .

All your builds look amazing. I can't wait to see more

All your builds look amazing. I can't wait to see more

Moar you say. You want moar?!!!

Actually I'm trying out something in metal right now, a weapon and a helmet circa Reach. Both are in the fairly early stages of the build, both being scratch builds too, which is a little daunting to say the least. Usually I'll do a pep to work off scale and what not, but this time I'm just kinda gonna wing it. So far I have a magazine done for the weapon, which progress has stopped rather abruptly at while i give the rest of the piece some thought and work on non related projects at home (putting a bathroom in a shed:- what was i thinking, and making my fence taller to keep the snoopy neighbours out).

The helmet on the other hand, I did do a pep, a low def one from Halo 3 so I could figure out some basic shapes, but the scaling is way too small to measure anything off so I'm kinda making it up as I go along. Given the choice of metal for this build, I'm glad I took that path as trying to get it as realistic as possible to Reach would have been a nightmare. I'll whack some pics of the clip up here and wait a few days before putting up pics of the helmets progress. I told a friend in town that just joined here a short while back that I would show him some pics of it first :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back