Stiilus' Old Weapon Builds (PIC HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
omg awsome work on the pistol, and the helmet could possably blind an elite with the suns reflection!

and the knife, if godzilla had one of those.... im too affraid to say what would happen

ha hah... that would be the way to do it, blind the enemy and then decimate them. actually the original spartans had the massive fins on the top of their helmets for just that purpose. that and intimidating the enemy with the sight of a shiny sea of helmets walking toward them would was supposed to make them flee in terror...

as for 'zilla, he doesn't seem that bad if you watch his films in reverse, in which case, they're about a singing lizard that helps rebuild burning cities and then moonwalks into the ocean... what's not to like about the guy?

Bahaha the Zilla and Fred pics + story made me 'lol' in the middle of my uni caf. That's awesome.

i hope you got a few nervous glances. i love it when people think you're laughing about nothing, the look on their faces makes me think are they wondering if they should call a hospital or something, and then of course that only makes me laugh harder... what uni are you going to and what are you studying? it's good to see another aussie in here, i was begining to feel a little lonely :) ...

AWWWWW no fair now im all kinds of curious! lol

good things for those that wait Mstruvmgc... if i get time this weekend or even this week i'll start to put up the pics i've already got... i know i'm not the first to do this particular build, but i think i might be the first to get as far as i have, i haven't seen one completed yet :p ...

good things for those that wait Mstruvmgc... if i get time this weekend or even this week i'll start to put up the pics i've already got... i know i'm not the first to do this particular build, but i think i might be the first to get as far as i have, i haven't seen one completed yet :p ...

Ack!! I know they do, but its so suspensfull lol. Cant wait to see what it is :)

I'll be honest with you, lad...

...damn, that knife looks GORGEOUS. Seriously, you win an internet cookie (a big one!)

...damn, that knife looks GORGEOUS. Seriously, you win an internet cookie (a big one!)

make that 2 cookies!

big-cookie.jpg

Ack!! I know they do, but its so suspensfull lol. Cant wait to see what it is :)

man i waste so much of my time. a whole week has passed and i still haven't put the new thread up :( . i promise i will soon...

hmmm... an internet cookie eh...? (licks lips with anticipation) thank you for the compliment. now i'm thinking of Caboose when he had Donut unconscious on the floor at the Valhalla base. "I don't like people who promise cookies and then don't give cookies..." lol :) i'm glad you liked the knife. i'm busy now thinking what my next weapon project will be ;)

make that 2 cookies!

big-cookie.jpg

nom nom nom... cheers... damn that is one big cookie, anyone wanna help out eating that thing?

Can we (405th) buy it?

wow, seriously? wow. i didn't think anyone here would want to buy any of my stuff, i see so many talented people on here i just figured they would make their own. at this point in time i don't have any plans on making any casts of anything, not until i build up my casting ability first, i'm still only just learning the skills needed to do it. i did buy a book on ebay as recommended by several of the elite builders here that goes through step by step so maybe sometime soon. i really don't want to take casts of anything i have built so far too at this point as i want them to be one offs if i ever do plan to sell the originals... so, i must say sadly, no, at this point in time nobody can buy them... but seriously, wow. thanks for thinking my stuff would be worth buying :) i'm humbled by that. thank you...

man i waste so much of my time. a whole week has passed and i still haven't put the new thread up :( . i promise i will soon...

nom nom nom... cheers... damn that is one big cookie, anyone wanna help out eating that thing?

wow, seriously? wow. i didn't think anyone here would want to buy any of my stuff, i see so many talented people on here i just figured they would make their own. at this point in time i don't have any plans on making any casts of anything, not until i build up my casting ability first, i'm still only just learning the skills needed to do it. i did buy a book on ebay as recommended by several of the elite builders here that goes through step by step so maybe sometime soon. i really don't want to take casts of anything i have built so far too at this point as i want them to be one offs if i ever do plan to sell the originals... so, i must say sadly, no, at this point in time nobody can buy them... but seriously, wow. thanks for thinking my stuff would be worth buying :) i'm humbled by that. thank you...

1. Its all good man, everyone gets busy, no hurry. :)

2. Ill help ya eat the cookie.

3. WELL DUH!!! your stuff looks great! Yes there are very talented people on this site (including you) but just cause there are talented people doesnt mean that others wouldnt want to buy something from someone else of something they like :)
I want to make my own stuff so i can say that i actually did it. But i also dont mind buying things from other people of motivate me and are talented :)

1. Its all good man, everyone gets busy, no hurry. :)

2. Ill help ya eat the cookie.

3. WELL DUH!!! your stuff looks great! Yes there are very talented people on this site (including you) but just cause there are talented people doesnt mean that others wouldnt want to buy something from someone else of something they like :)
I want to make my own stuff so i can say that i actually did it. But i also dont mind buying things from other people of motivate me and are talented :)

i suppose... i guess i'v always been of the frame of mind that if i wanted something and i knew it was achievable, then i would just build it myself, ever since i got my first LEGO blocks. it just comes as a surprise that someone would want to buy something like this off me is all... and thanks for helping eat the cookie. i don't think i could eat anything that big!!!

as for the new thread, you'll all just have to wait a bit i guess... i tried to start it this week, but it appears that i can't post new threads at this point in time, insufficient privileges or a disabled account. if it is a disabled account i have a fair idea it's because i quoted some pretty strong swearing within my armour thread without altering it to be unoffensive. if so then the suspension is a fair rap, and i deserve it. i'v since changed the quote, but it doesn't change the fact that i didn't censor it in the first place. for all those offended and insulted, i do sincerely apologise, and i promise not to use/quote such profanity in the future.

nice builds stiilus make the unsc proud and for that you get
DSCN0705.jpg

keep it up

thanks denzil. the foam helmet is amazing. is that a pop rivet i see on the side there? what's stopping it from pulling right through?

Very very nice, smoth and clean!

thanks The Death Angel. i'v got plans/idea's in my head for some decent weapons that still need some of the wrinkles ironed out. i hope to get them up and running soon :)

Jesus Christ...That is amazing...I can only dream of making something as good as this...

lol... i'm glad you liked it. all it takes is just a little practice. i'm nowhere near as good as the elite builders, but then i guess that advice applies to me too :D ...

Ok groovers. With just a few days left before Halo 4's release I thought I should probably announce what I'm up to currently. As it is when I started this hobby I originally just wanted to build a MkVI helmet and an assault rifle. I kinda got side tracked along the way and ended up building a few other helmets and a couple of weapons too. But anyway, for the Halo 4 release I thought I would get busy working on said rifle. I took most of the inspiration for this build from Fred's rifle as 343 still haven't fixed the Halo 3 fileshare so I couldn't get any decent snaps. Bummer. Rest assured though folks, I'm glad there's a little search engine called Google. It really helped with finding a couple of interesting views. Perhaps you've all heard of it? :p

Anyway. To speed up the final painting stage I built this project with a little forethought in mind and made all the components of it as separate pieces so I could be painting multiple parts in different colours all at once in stead of waiting for a single colour to dry so I could mask it off before adding the next colour. I know you're all gonna hate me, but... I've taken a few snaps of what I mean but unfortunately haven't put them on Photobucket yet, so you'll all have to ponder about it until I get home this afternoon :) ...

My local EB Games is gonna have a midnight release, but I don't think I'll go. I may not have the rifle finished by then. Fingers crossed...

**Halo 3 MA5C**

Ok, so 2 days later and Photobucket has finally finished uploading my pics. Wtf? Why is Photobucket so slow these days. It's not like the pics are 100mb each or something... :(

Anyway... Please bear in mind that I kind of got caught up in the building project with this one, so I may have missed a few steps photographically along the way. Like I mentioned earlier, I built this piece with ease of painting in mind. There are some parts that will need to be masked off for different colours and all, but that should be kept to a minimum hopefully. As such, I was constantly building then disassembling this weapon as I went, making sure that I could easily pull it apart when I went to put the electronics in.

So the first part I worked on was the magazine. It's pretty much just a hollow box with an angled bottom on it made from some 3mm MDF (craftboard/particle board)...

P9070980.jpg

The top of the rifle is made of the same stuff, but 6mm thick instead. I measured out how long I wanted the top to be, then divided the length into the "ribs" that went across the top. In a second sheet I ran through my table saw I cut the extra panels out for those details then glued them onto the first sheet, like so...

P9070981.jpg

When the glue had dried, I ran my Dremel with a router attachment over the edges to cut in a small rebate along the length for extra details...

P9070982.jpg

I then drew out the shape of the top for one side and cut it out with a jigsaw. I flipped the piece over and traced the pattern on the sheet for the other side, then ran the edges of the parts over with a sander while clamped together to make them more uniform.

With that done, I put the router attachment over them to cut the details in along the bottoms.

P9070983.jpg

I used some leftover sheeting from the top to fill the curved ridge that runs along the top, thus retaining the same spacing as the detailing on the side without having to reglue and route extra details later on.

After that, I cracked out my wood lathe. I really do wish I had more time to muck about on it as I love that machine almost as much as I love my Dremel. But I digress. I didn't particularly want to carve out the details of the grip on the front of the rifle, so I lathed a piece of timber into the right shape...

P9280992.jpg

... then ran it lengthwise through my table saw to halve it. I only wanted the bottom half for the grip. The sides were made of little pieces or MDF sanded into shaped and glued onto a backing board.

After that I went to work on the magazine housing and the sides of the rifle...

P9290994.jpg

I made the grip hollow so I could house an electronic trigger in there... It looks a bit dodgy in this picture, but I did a huge amount of shaping on this part. I did several layers of the MDF on the housing as the part the magazine slides into is actually thicker than the hand grip. Basically I glued an extra piece over the back end, then glued a thin sheet over the top, twisting it slightly so it looked like it was made of one complete sheet of MDF...

PA030997.jpg

I plan on having a moving reload action on this rifle. If I had planned it out better, I would have put a master power switch in behind it so when you pulled the reload it powered up the gun, but that's something I can still used for another weapon later on down the track..

are u thinking bout to mold it later ? i think this will turn out amazing . :X

and im still looking for a gun :X

Im glad that u are back mate <3

PA251007.jpg

The trigger and the little housing where I plan on putting all the switches. That part sits behind the forward grip, just in front of the trigger.

PA251004.jpg

The top...

PA251005.jpg

PA251006.jpg

PA251008.jpg

The magazine and it's housing...

And here's a few pics of the reload in action...

PA251009.jpg

PA251010.jpg

PA251011.jpg

PA251012.jpg

And then of course there's always sanding and painting to be done. I snapped up a can of automotive filler spray for a previous project. I love it. Couldn't recommend it more. The grey is the regular auto primer, and the cream is the filler spray. Having the two tones actually helps with the sanding as you know when you've sanded it back far enough...

PA251014.jpg

Anyway. I should have a few more pics up this afternoon or later tonight, Photobucket permitting ;)... Not long to go now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back