Pep detail level

• I want lots of little folds, HD for me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scratch Building for Me! I want the eDrawing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I finally had a chance to get some work done on this again.

New screenshots!

[attachment=6135:smg_wip9.JPG]
[attachment=6136:smg_wip10.JPG]
[attachment=6137:smg_wip11.JPG]

Magazine well and magazine are done, the only things left are the sights and this should be ready to go.

Loess said:
Well, I finally had a chance to get some work done on this again.
Magazine well and magazine are done, the only things left are the sights and this should be ready to go.
Done well! Delicious!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Bevbor!

Two parts to model, and then I just have to figure out how ProE's .obj export function works, the early tests I did came out with a few too many faces for easy pep'ing.

*EDIT*

Here's the link to the HD pep file pack.

SMG-HD

Here's the link to the MD file pack.

SMG_MD

These are not unfolded or scaled, I'm not proficient enough with Pepekura Designer to do that... sorry.

The eDrawing will be coming shortly.

Thanks to everyone that commented and voted, I hope your builds go well.

(wow, I finished one of my projects in under 6 months..... I think that's a record :p )

Very nice Loess! Thanks for doing this. For those who want to unfold, the halo wiki says 62.7 cm extended, 47.4 retracted, and the barrel is 15cm.

Well, model is perfect!
But as for pep files: PDO where all parts are together doesn't looks well.
But it's nothing special. My first experience was exactly the same - mess.
Then I learned to make proper multipart PDOs:
Don't do assembly. Do multibody part, and then export it to OBJ.
And final PDO will looks perfect :)

Besides that, all you've done = beautiful work.

Thanks, guys.

bevbor said:
Well, model is perfect!
But as for pep files: PDO where all parts are together doesn't looks well.
But it's nothing special. My first experience was exactly the same - mess.
Then I learned to make proper multipart PDOs:
Don't do assembly. Do multibody part, and then export it to OBJ.
And final PDO will looks perfect :)

Besides that, all you've done = beautiful work.

Yeah, the multi part file didn't work too well. I ran out of time yesterday and rushed getting the finished models into pep.

I tried importing all the .pdo's into one file, and it didn't work exactly right. I'll work on it some more when I get home tonight, and I'll figure out what the scale should be for unfolding this.

I'll have look into multi-body parts, and how to make them in pro. I really hope that I can just import all the part files into one part, so that I don't have to model everything again. :cry:

ProE can export an assembly to .obj! :lol:

I've updated the file packs in the first post, and here are the new packs.

MD
HD

Assembled height should be 23.5 cm.

Loess said:
I've got a student version of Wildfire 2.0 at home, I use WF2/Intralink at work.
Why I'm asking - there no open edges at all, I see :)
Just wondering on ProE OBJ converter, it seems it's just fine.

As for scale, I'm sure, to fit somebody's arm in real life it must be no more than 17 cm high.

i want to make this but im scaling the weapons down to fit . the total length i came up with is 30.5 inches long with the stock retracted. i want to make each separate peice rather than the entire thing, because i want to make the sotck slide and the foregrip fold. when i open each SMG peice the starting scales are all different, how do i scale the peices to fit each other? my first idea was to open the file of the full smg and scale that and then apply that scale to each peice, but it doesnt seem to be working, im assuming because each peice starts at a different scale. so how do i do it?

MandoMan531 said:
i want to make this but im scaling the weapons down to fit . the total length i came up with is 30.5 inches long with the stock retracted. i want to make each separate peice rather than the entire thing, because i want to make the sotck slide and the foregrip fold. when i open each SMG peice the starting scales are all different, how do i scale the peices to fit each other? my first idea was to open the file of the full smg and scale that and then apply that scale to each peice, but it doesnt seem to be working, im assuming because each peice starts at a different scale. so how do i do it?

I'm pretty sure it's because Pepakura Designer on the opening automatically scales any part to 10cm high.
IMHO you can get same scale of all parts that way:
1. Open general assembly PDO, scale it to size you want and write down scale parameter you've got.
2. Go open each part and apply scale value you've got in step one.
May work.

Update: just checked. It works exactly that way as I described.

bevbor said:
Why I'm asking - there no open edges at all, I see :)
Just wondering on ProE OBJ converter, it seems it's just fine.

As for scale, I'm sure, to fit somebody's arm in real life it must be no more than 17 cm high.

Hmmm, now that I think about it, you're right about the scale. I must have measured the model wrong. I'll look into correcting that.

I think that there aren't any open edges because Pro can save it's native files directly to .obj without any other add-ons or conversion tools.

MandoMan531 said:

The pdo with all of the parts in it will work for you. Each piece in the assembly will be the same as it is in the individual files.

[attachment=6135:smg_wip9.JPG]
[attachment=6136:smg_wip10.JPG]
[attachment=6137:smg_wip11.JPG]

Where are the iron sights??

bevbor said:
If you would download PDO files, you'll see they're on places.

The sights still aren't correct, but it is easy to fill in the space.
Pic
\/
[attachment=6198:Xbox_360_194_500.jpg]

See??

Those are out of date screen shots, I hadn't modeled the sights yet. I'll have to get a shot of the current model next time I fire up Pro. I think I'll also do a Sectioned Model version too.

This is what the HD version looks like in pep.
[attachment=6199:final.JPG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back