Summer Has Been Hell :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overlord Ian

Sorry guys, this is sort of OT, but I just need to vent a bit...

This summer, I've lost my job (so now I have to sell a ton of my stuff to save for college), gone to summer school, gotten the RROD (thank god for warranties) broken my wrist (plus stitches in multiple areas on my face), and to top it all off my GF came over today and dumped me out of nowhere WTH?!?

SO... I just wanted to apologize ahead of time if I act like a jerk to any of you, I have posted this on another forum aswell, I guess I consider you all my friends and come here for support....

Wow, what a bumber... My summer hasen't been the best either, but I guess there are plenty of people out there who have far worse summers then us.

Good luck man, and hope you pull through without putting a smoking hole in somebodies face.

Cheers!

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Wow, what a bumber... My summer hasen't been the best either, but I guess there are plenty of people out there who have far worse summers then us.

Good luck man, and hope you pull through without putting a smoking hole in somebodies face.

Cheers!

Yeah, its rough... I already have severe depression (used to take antidepressants, horrible results) so I was hit really hard by all this... Anyway, hope we both start doing better!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pilot92 said:
wow

that sucks man

just roll with the punches i guess

good luck during the college semester though!

Thanks

Not in college quite yet ;) just need to start saving

dont worry. it all gets better! dont worry. there is all an upside to this....it will come your way soon. I know sorta how you must feel.

Gearsofhalo said:
dont worry. it all gets better! dont worry. there is all an upside to this....it will come your way soon. I know sorta how you must feel.

Yeah, its wierd... I feel like S*&! but you never know.. Things usually happen for a reason.

you better be lucky you had a job or a gf vary few ppl get to have a job now adays this economy sucks @$$ obama need to stepp up and be the man of the contry and give every one in it 100 million dollars. But like some many have posted before me it will get better in dew time

Aww Overlord, keep smiling! Its such a shame about the job, I know college fees are a bummer! Just keep your head held high, a new job will turn up soon I’m sure! The 405th are with youu! :]

Hahaa - here's a super awesomee thing that my friend got me for exam stress! Might make you laugh :]

http://www.find-me-a-gift.co.uk/choke-the-chicken-stress-relief-choker.html

And a super awesomee funny video to cheer you up! I feel guilty for laughing cause this probably hurt like hell!

Hope you feel better, all will be okay :]

marioknight92 said:
you better be lucky you had a job or a gf vary few ppl get to have a job now adays this economy sucks @$$ obama need to stepp up and be the man of the contry and give every one in it 100 million dollars. But like some many have posted before me it will get better in dew time

Yeah, it sucks.. Stupid economy

xxFemaleSpartanxx said:
Aww Overlord, keep smiling! Its such a shame about the job, I know college fees are a bummer! Just keep your head held high, a new job will turn up soon I’m sure! The 405th are with youu! :]

Hahaa - here's a super awesomee thing that my friend got me for exam stress! Might make you laugh :]

http://www.find-me-a-gift.co.uk/choke-the-chicken-stress-relief-choker.html

And a super awesomee funny video to cheer you up! I feel guilty for laughing cause this probably hurt like hell!

Hope you feel better, all will be okay :]

Haha thanks, thats pretty funny :D

Just remember! Community colleges are your friend. If you have a hard time saving up for a large state school, it's always a good idea to go to a local small school to get your cores out of the way first two years. Then when you've saved some dough, you can go to that state school and get a good degree :D Not sure what you're majoring in, but everybody's got to take some key classes eventually. Where do you want to go to school Ian?

HeavyGunner said:
Just remember! Community colleges are your friend. If you have a hard time saving up for a large state school, it's always a good idea to go to a local small school to get your cores out of the way first two years. Then when you've saved some dough, you can go to that state school and get a good degree :D Not sure what you're majoring in, but everybody's got to take some key classes eventually. Where do you want to go to school Ian?

Im not going to college quite yet, but I'll probably have to do some classes at communtity college like you said. Right now I go to Fossil Ridge high school (the worst school EVER lol)

a1200 said:
I live somewhat close to you and I know there arent many good schools round here

Yeah.. My school sucks, I really don't want to go back this year. Last year, I actually had a teacher that called me gay all the time, WTH?

Well its winter here in Australia right now actually,but i hear you out clear,my winters been twice as hell.I had to deal with Heaps of angry peeps,Losing lots of my friends in the process.I also pushed a boy down the stairs at my high school because he pissed me off.Then i got smahsed threw a window in fight(it didnt do big damage),and i also got dumped by my GF.WTFH as been going on with the world now,she accused me of cheating on her and dumped me,i actually found that she was cheating on me,stupid F****** B****.I have also tryed to supress my anger by drawing and such(i found that perfect place,a little scary because its high up in the super massive strong tree in center yard,but its mad as).

Well i have a car so i cant be so angry,but still.This worlds going to trash ATM.

Ian, buddy... I can most definately relate to your current employment situation. I myself have been without work since early June.

Been applying to all sorts of jobs (including a few government positions the gf pointed me in the direction of; she works in the government), listed myself with three different temp agencies... but nothing as of yet.

I've been living off of what savings I had in the bank, but having had to pay rent twice since losing my job along with my other regular monthly expenses has pretty much drained it all. So, at this point, my finances are looking rather bleak.

But you know what? I'm not at all worried about current circumstances. Haven't stressed out over it, lost sleep over it... none of that. In fact, this is the calmest I've been being in a situation such as this.

The reason being, the way I look at it, everything else in my life is still going great. I'm with the most wonderful woman I could have ever dreamed of, I'm back to working on my own prop projects, my joint collaborations on other projects have been fun and forged great friendships here, and I've got the best group of friends and family a person could ask for.

It's just this one little thing -- the job -- that's kinda out of whack. So, in the grand scheme of things, all is good. Therefore, I really have nothing to worry about, and everything to be thankful for.

Besides, with the skills and experience I've gained over time I'm confident something will come up soon enough. It's just a matter of a little more time and a lot of effort to make it happen.

As for the whole "everything happens for a reason", I've got a good deal of personal experience in that department.

My mother passed away due to lung cancer nine years ago (I was only 21 at the time; it was rough), my grandpa and grandma (on different sides of the family) passed away shortly thereafter, as well as an uncle, had serious roommate issues over the last few years, dealt with other employment issues in the not-so-distant past... after everything, I've firmly come to believe everything does happen for a reason.

Granted, we may not know the reason why right there and then, or even not for years afterward, but there is a purpose to why things play out the way they do. Things change in our lives in order to make room for better things to come along. That's the way it's always happened for me.

Not only that, but... at the risk of sounding cliche, the old addage "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" certainly applies.

How we handle whatever trials and tribulations that are presented to us helps build character, and make everyone a better person in the end. After all, it's our own personal experiences, be they good or bad, that make us who we are.

Anyway, not to sound too preachy or existential there, lol. The point to all of my incessant rambling is that, despite how things may look right now, though it may seem like it won't get better, I know from personal experience that it can and does. We just need to be patient and let things take their natural course.

Don't fret, my friend. Things will turn out for the better, and you'll be a helluva lot better off when all's said and done.

Hang in there ;)

EDIT: No worries about posting this vent here, dude. I myself have done the same here and on other prop forums, as I feel the membership is much like a "surrogate" family to me. Many good friendships have been made here, and as various examples have shown, we are here to help one another in whatever way possible.

thank god i'm not the only one having a bad summer. i have to work this summer so i had no time to hang with friends and what stinks the most is i haven't even had time to read my summer reading book in its due in less than a month and after i read it i got to some kinda of a report. if i knew last summer was going to be my last free one i would've enjoyed it a whole lot more

SPARTAN II said:
Ian, buddy... I can most definately relate to your current employment situation. I myself have been without work since early June.

Been applying to all sorts of jobs (including a few government positions the gf pointed me in the direction of; she works in the government), listed myself with three different temp agencies... but nothing as of yet.

I've been living off of what savings I had in the bank, but having had to pay rent twice since losing my job along with my other regular monthly expenses has pretty much drained it all. So, at this point, my finances are looking rather bleak.

But you know what? I'm not at all worried about current circumstances. Haven't stressed out over it, lost sleep over it... none of that. In fact, this is the calmest I've been being in a situation such as this.

The reason being, the way I look at it, everything else in my life is still going great. I'm with the most wonderful woman I could have ever dreamed of, I'm back to working on my own prop projects, my joint collaborations on other projects have been fun and forged great friendships here, and I've got the best group of friends and family a person could ask for.

It's just this one little thing -- the job -- that's kinda out of whack. So, in the grand scheme of things, all is good. Therefore, I really have nothing to worry about, and everything to be thankful for.

Besides, with the skills and experience I've gained over time I'm confident something will come up soon enough. It's just a matter of a little more time and a lot of effort to make it happen.

As for the whole "everything happens for a reason", I've got a good deal of personal experience in that department.

My mother passed away due to lung cancer nine years ago (I was only 21 at the time; it was rough), my grandpa and grandma (on different sides of the family) passed away shortly thereafter, as well as an uncle, had serious roommate issues over the last few years, dealt with other employment issues in the not-so-distant past... after everything, I've firmly come to believe everything does happen for a reason.

Granted, we may not know the reason why right there and then, or even not for years afterward, but there is a purpose to why things play out the way they do. Things change in our lives in order to make room for better things to come along. That's the way it's always happened for me.

Not only that, but... at the risk of sounding cliche, the old addage "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" certainly applies.

How we handle whatever trials and tribulations that are presented to us helps build character, and make everyone a better person in the end. After all, it's our own personal experiences, be they good or bad, that make us who we are.

Anyway, not to sound too preachy or existential there, lol. The point to all of my incessant rambling is that, despite how things may look right now, though it may seem like it won't get better, I know from personal experience that it can and does. We just need to be patient and let things take their natural course.

Don't fret, my friend. Things will turn out for the better, and you'll be a helluva lot better off when all's said and done.

Hang in there ;)

EDIT: No worries about posting this vent here, dude. I myself have done the same here and on other prop forums, as I feel the membership is much like a "surrogate" family to me. Many good friendships have been made here, and as various examples have shown, we are here to help one another in whatever way possible.

Thanks :) and I'm sorry about your employment situation aswell

Noble One said:
thank god i'm not the only one having a bad summer. i have to work this summer so i had no time to hang with friends and what stinks the most is i haven't even had time to read my summer reading book in its due in less than a month and after i read it i got to some kinda of a report. if i knew last summer was going to be my last free one i would've enjoyed it a whole lot more

Yeah, I feel you there man :(, I'm a little bit odd in the way that summer is my time to stay away from friends, lol (I'm antisocial)

xalener said:
My cousin died. A few days ago.

Sorry to hear that man :(

While my situation probably doesn't sound as bad as some might think, it sucks all the same. The one thing I've learned over the last few years is that friends and family are always there for you. Count on it as they expect the same from you in their dark times.

While I still have a job, it's been no picnic. Last October my weekly hours were reduced from 40 per wk to just 25. That's roughly half my hours. While I tried to make things work, I also put myself in some small debt. I ended a relationship with a girl I was seeing when it was getting to its worst. Not the greatest feeling to do so at the time, but it just wasn't working out. Moved back home with the parents in March and oh boy was that fun( ...not). Still things weren't going to get better if I didn't and I probably should have done it sooner.

Regardless, my family is helping me out in this rough patch, and I've got friends here and there to help take my mind of things every now and then.

Bright side? I've started to come out of my small debt only recently. I should be credit card debt free in another month or so. After I start saving a little, I'll be finally fully ready to invest some serious time into new job hunting. After which, I hope to finally get back to a regular life again. 2010 should be a good year.

There is always a bright side to every dark time in life. Just have to have patience and determination to get there. Good luck to everyone in whatever trials you face ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back