Summer Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaloCEFan

Hey guys, I posted on the Introduce Myself topic but I'll say a little about myself here as well. I kind of live out in the middle of nowhere and began making movies two years ago to the season. Since then I have made several costumes of armor out of cardboard which have been used in my movies. I thought it was time to upgrade by making my armor out of something harder, plastic or something. I want to make a 10 or 20 minute Halo movie, but my ability to do that all depends on if I can make a good looking suit. I want to make Master Chief armor, my first layer was going to be out of cardstalk. I heard that this place can like print pieces of armor to cut out and glue together, if someone could help me with that that'd be great. I was then going to push it into clay and mold it. I need help with that part though, is there a... like a plastic that you can pour into the mold and wait for it to dry? Some administrator here did a tutorial on how to make a gun and did something like that I think.

I am also going to try to make a costume of the Arbiter as well, I've got most of how to make him planned out, but I would like some suggestions for what to make his eyes and fingers out of.

Read all the stickies in the noob forum and the pepakura forum and you will have no more questions :)

I read some stickies, but have a lot to go. Thanks to one of the pepekura stickies my job in making armor just got easier. :)

I you have any questions along the way everybody here is always willing to help you out,

so just give us a shout and well give you the best advice there is.(I wont, but maybe a skilled veteran :p)

Molding isn't the cheapest way to go, if you want good looking decently strong armor, go with the mudglassing method (do a quick search and you find out exactly how) which involves using a mix of bondo and resin instead of just putting resin on the fiberglass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back