Super Hd Halo Wars Mk Iv Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I will try to make it as accurate to the game as possible, but do to the fact there are only a couple of cinematics in the game that are good for references I might have to make it a mix of using both game references and the references I found.

ouch agbates my IV helmet is also based on that reference :S

anyway nice detail!

rundown said:
ouch agbates my IV helmet is also based on that reference :S

anyway nice detail!

Yeah, they are amazing references but that one little imperfection bugs me. Everything else on the armor looks correct as far as I can tell. I guess I will model the helmet for the most part with those references then go back and adjust everything based on pics from the cinematics. I think I might take a small break from the helmet and real quick model the shoulder pieces. They shouldn't take long at all and then I can come back and get frustrated some more with the helmet. lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
which ever you choose i think i may have found my next suit to build for next years Dcon..lol ..

is it me or does looking at that model look atlot like Ironman with the shoulders and back? i dont know maybe its just me

kasper said:
which ever you choose i think i may have found my next suit to build for next years Dcon..lol

Yeah I really need to get to building some armor. If I manage to get this whole suit modeled I think this will for sure be my first suit I will try to complete. I Never seem to really get farther than pepping up a model or glassing it. I did work on NZ-TK's scout helmet and my busa helmet and managed to get them bondoed but it came out terrible. Now I think I have learned my mistakes and I think this will be a great suit to do once I am done modeling it.

agbates said:
Yeah I really need to get to building some armor. If I manage to get this whole suit modeled I think this will for sure be my first suit I will try to complete. I Never seem to really get farther than pepping up a model or glassing it. I did work on NZ-TK's scout helmet and my busa helmet and managed to get them bondoed but it came out terrible. Now I think I have learned my mistakes and I think this will be a great suit to do once I am done modeling it.

well with my first set i had some warping problems in the chest but went with it and you cant really tell with the Dcon pics from this year. I think the main reason with wanting to build this whole suit is because just like my recon it will be something diffrent than everyone else

kasper said:
well with my first set i had some warping problems in the chest but went with it and you cant really tell with the Dcon pics from this year. I think the main reason with wanting to build this whole suit is because just like my recon it will be something diffrent than everyone else

Yeah that's kind of how I felt when I finished assembling parts of the mk vi suit. If I had one little thing wrong with it I would just get mad and quit because mine wasn't as good as some of the others I've seen. It really wasn't bad, it's just that I am really OCD where if something isn't perfect I give up or go completely mad. If I did the mk iv suit no one will have done it yet so I won't go AS crazy as I normally would. lol.

Edit

I should have pics up on the shoulder in 2 minutes. They are already almost finished. I have the basic shape and I just need to add more loops to it and make it more smooth.

Lol It'd be nice to see the first person in Mark IV :D

Though I think we need to get a Hd version of the Mark V

Now we have all generations of the Mjolnir armor ;)

Unless a Mark VII comes out :eek

SoullessSin said:
Lol It'd be nice to see the first person in Mark IV :D

Though I think we need to get a Hd version of the Mark V

Now we have all generations of the Mjolnir armor ;)

Unless a Mark VII comes out :eek

Yeah the Mk IV armor is absolutely awesome. I can't wait to get all these models finished so I can start building them. As for the HD MK V, I would do it but there aren't really any references of what a detailed MK V would look like. The only detailed models we've seen of it are the halo 3 MK V helmet and the EOD chest piece that looks like the chest piece of the MK V suit. So to do it we would have to basically redesign the suit. Hopefully when Reach comes out we will see a new model of it and can make a HD version of it, though I think the MK V came out after Reach so I don't know if it will or not.

Anyways getting back on track I have an update on the shoulder. It is coming along quite nicely and has been really simple so far. Here is a pic of what I have so far and you will notice there are spots where more loops need to be added. My modeling process is different from most so I tend to deal with these issues usually last. Below that pic is a simple drawing I did in paint showing you about how detailed it will be once it is finished. So here they are now tell me what ya think!

3-1.jpg

4.jpg

Wow nice shoulder

I'm positive that they had the Mark V armor when they were on reach.

Cause a couple days after MC was on Halo

Phenosity said:
actually the forearms pelvis helmet and a little of the chest is wrong look here:

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...fe=off&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS339&sa=N&start=40&um=1

Yeah I figured as I went I would find more that was wrong. I am really trying to only use the references I found for the profiles of the 3d models and then I'll use the references from the cinematics to tweak the profiles and add all the details. I think this will be the easiest method to model everything and it should get it 99% accurate.

they got the MRK V suits the day before to a couple of hours before the attack on reach happened

hey agbates i was wondering if you will do the cheak vent bits the same as what you did with your new CQB optional to put in or not?

agbates said:
Yeah I figured as I went I would find more that was wrong. I am really trying to only use the references I found for the profiles of the 3d models and then I'll use the references from the cinematics to tweak the profiles and add all the details. I think this will be the easiest method to model everything and it should get it 99% accurate.

yeah sounds good, my bad the link had a small pic i have the same pic as my background ( 720p ) and you can see way more clearly

adventSpartanMatrix said:
they got the MRK V suits the day before to a couple of hours before the attack on reach happened

hey agbates i was wondering if you will do the cheak vent bits the same as what you did with your new CQB optional to put in or not?

I think I understand what you are saying, but I still want to clarify. I made a little drawing to explain what I think you want me to do.

I think you are wanting it so that the pink section will always be a part of the helmet but the red vent parts will be optional to put on. Tell me if I am understanding you correctly as I want to make this perfect for the community.

5.jpg

Oh and as for the MK V being on Reach that is really cool, because that means we should see an update of the armor in the Reach game so that we can make a new model for it. I only got half way through the Fall of Reach which is really sad because of how small it is, so I don't really remember the different permutations of armor they had. Which other ones did they have besides the mk v or was that the only one?

I have finished the shoulder, I just have to model this tiny little thing that sits on top of it and it will be completely done. I will have pictures up in like 2 minutes.

here are some references of the changes to the back of the helm:

[attachment=11893:Douglas-042.bmp]

[attachment=11894:hw-prima-blog-05-01.jpg]

[attachment=11895:image2.bmp]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back